Community Member

Default Bug or WAI? Item reward Epic Hard for Heroic Normal

I don't know if this is normal, but upon completing the Secret of the Storm Horns quest arc all on Heroic Normal (I was soloing lvl17-18 Paladin with Barbarian hireling), I was given a lvl27 Elemental Fury, which DDO Wiki describes as Elite Hard. Is that right?

As a sidenote, my lvl23 Shadowmail, also an end gift, has Greater Twilight, though Wiki says it should be plain Twilight.

I really doubt that you should be getting epic items, however it is most likely too much work to fix it, so yeah sucks if you wanted a heroic item.

DDO Wiki is far from up to date on many subjects, as the player base has shrunk over the years, DDO Wiki contributors has also shrunk.

Community Member

The arcs give all sorts of weird stuff out in Eveningstar. Some give epic rewards when doing heroic arcs, some give heroic rewards when doing epic ones. These days most of it is sentient gem fodder so it's probably not even worth the hassle to fix the code for it until the loot is given an update pass.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mpetrarca View Post
    I really doubt that you should be getting epic items, however it is most likely too much work to fix it, so yeah sucks if you wanted a heroic item.
    The inconvenience really is that while it is certainly a wonderful item, it is 9 levels too high for me to use, even if it suited this particular character. I'll throw it in my Shared Vault for now. Shrug.

DDO Wiki is far from up to date on many subjects, as the player base has shrunk over the years, DDO Wiki contributors has also shrunk.
    No doubt, but I rather assumed that things like items lists were done either automatically, or by the team. The contributors would be more about maps, mission guides, character building, and so on.