Community Member

Default Returning player looking for group or guild

I've been playing this game on and off for a while now, not really getting anywhere because people absolutely hate my personality and extreme raging toward people who intentionally speak another language just to insult me while i'm present. People call me racist because I refuse to learn another language and because I won't tolerate language barriers when I'm trying to play with those that speak English (American or British English). Not to mention since the 3 days I've been back only two people have spoken to me only to meme at me and not actually invite me to any sort of group in the end. I can understand getting memed on and that is COMPLETELY FINE. I will not stand for people insulting me constantly or those who intentionally speak a foreign language to isolate me from any sort of community that is supposed to be English.

I plan on getting VIP at the beginning of May since I absolutely love this game; However based on how silent people are in game, I can only assume this post will either A. Not get any replies, or B. I will get told I'm a troll and get hated on just for the sake of it.

All I want is to play DDO with some people that don't spew curses and obscenities at me NONSTOP.

Community Member

I'm the leader of the guild Old School Rejects on the Cannith server.

We try to run as a team and discourage zerging. About half of us use voice the other half only use text chat. We are fairly laid back and prefer dungeon crawling to zerging. Most of us don't have any alts above lvl 20 so we run a lot of Heroic content.

If this sounds like a play-style you could get on board with, send Syngallong an in-game mail message. I tend to play daily and always log in to Syngallong first to see if any new recruits have sent me a message.

DDO Players Council

You haven’t mentioned what server you are playing on.

If you are looking for a guild that is a true community, I recommend The Silver Legion. They are a multi-game guild and a great place for new and veteran players along with casual or extreme players. Check out their website at http://www.guildmedieval.com
    Last edited by Jacque159; 04-27-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    Cannith Server toons
    Nightingaile
    Juriss Prudence
    Terallyn

Community Member

I haven't really committed to a server since coming back, since that's the case; listing a server would only limit my options. However, I have a terrible track record with guilds that play multiple games since that usually includes all of the things I mentioned in the opening post happening to me.

Well, you confuse me a bit. This game is 90% english. You must have really bad luck in grouping.
    How can you be memend in a pure textchat?
    So you rage because people don't talk english? Is that the reasn they insult you?

Just trying to figure this out before I make a recommendation.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Last edited by TitusOvid; 04-27-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Last year when I played I tried to play on Argonesson I kept getting guild invite spammed and spammed in tells by people speaking portuguese and spanish, while they knew barely any english. One guild I joined on a whim not realizing it was full of foreigners and it was immensely frustrating to play with people that could speak english, they just straight out refused to. I ended up joining a permadeath guild which is the only group of people I got along with toward the end of my time last year until I went on hiatus.

I currently have been trying to play on Sarlona, not really making much progress on my own without VIP.

Apparently asking for friends doesn't get me anywhere as far as trying to find people to play with, which is why I mentioned getting memed on.

Community Manager

This thread is too much of a fly trap for racist comments. To the OP, harassment is harassment regardless of the language used, so please report it as needed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com