Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    740

    Default Does cooldown reducement work for sla's?

    Hello

    As per title i am wondering if reducing spell cool downs either via epic arcane past life active feat or through the magister enhancement [spell school] familiarity EDIT - work for slas?
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    740

    Default

    So i did a test.

    I twisted the one from magister which should reduce cooldown for evocation by 15%.

    It does not seem to work for sla's. It does not seem to work for tsunami and burst of glacial wrath.

    Not having it work for these makes me think it does not work for any epic sla/spells.

    So my suggestion is to not take it. Seems useless.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Your observation is correct: Effects that decrease or increase cooldown of spells do not affect SLAs.
    Last edited by cru121; 05-03-2020 at 10:19 AM.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Your observation is correct: Effects that decrease or increase cooldown of spells do not affect SLAs.
    But shouldn't it work for burst of glacial wrath or tsunami?
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

  5. #5
    Community Member Sythe777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    But shouldn't it work for burst of glacial wrath or tsunami?
    Not sure about tsunami, but burst of glacial wrath is not a SLA. SLAs are characterised by no increased sp cost when using metamagics on them; burst's sp cost increases with metamagics.

    Additionally, like someone else has said, SLAs are not affected by cooldown reduction or addition.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sythe777 View Post
    Not sure about tsunami, but burst of glacial wrath is not a SLA. SLAs are characterised by no increased sp cost when using metamagics on them; burst's sp cost increases with metamagics.

    Additionally, like someone else has said, SLAs are not affected by cooldown reduction or addition.
    I undestand that. And i understand my initial question has been answered.

    Now i am just wondering why it does not work with burst or tsunami. As you stated burst is not an sla, so either it is not classified as a evocation spell or these reductions in cooldowns are bugged and does not work at all...

    That is what i am trying to figure out now.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload