Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default 17favored soul/2rogue/1 iconic class past life guide

    This guide is for those that want a build that can scale really well into epic content and get any iconic past life feat with relative ease, while also being a great option for playing like a support in reaper level content.

    It does however require a dexterity tomb of the highest type you can find. But bare minimum a +3 (rather +5) Dexterity tome. (Add to 21 for the feat Improved precise shot)

    Leveling order: 1 conic, then 2 rogue, then rest into favored soul.

    base stats: 36 point build
    str: 8
    dex: 15 (put more points into if you dont have a tome)
    con: 15
    Wis: 15
    Int: 14 (need for trap skills, 8 if you dont think you can)
    CHA: 8

    Inquisitive falconer:
    41 points in inquisitive for capstone
    31 points in flaconer for the lvl 18 requirement
    the last 8 points really dont matter, you can place them in the mechanic tree for increased trap skills or sneak attach range increase.

    The increased helpelss damage from falconer makes things really easy when paired with shiradi. Once you make anything helpless, get it lined up helpless with 1 more mob, then just huse hunters end and shoot later will just 1 shot most mobs

    If you plan on running reaper content and dont have many fate points, bite the bullet and just twist in meld into darkness (T3 shadow dancer)

    If you have ample fate points: T4 sense weakness for increased helpless damage, T3 meld into darkness, T1 Rejuvination cacoon (in spell point management is an issue), T1 a dance of flowers)+1 base weapon die), T1 purification (divine crusader)

    Feats are pretty obvious so I wont include them. Simply put: ranged stuff.

    Also, at level 26 try to get a duster from legendary shroud, as it will multiplicatively increase your damage output on all mobs

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Thanks for posting, I'm going to try this out with a few changes to stats on my next iconic life

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Nammmmmmm View Post
    This guide is for those that want a build that can scale really well into epic content and get any iconic past life feat with relative ease, while also being a great option for playing like a support in reaper level content.

    It does however require a dexterity tomb of the highest type you can find. But bare minimum a +3 (rather +5) Dexterity tome. (Add to 21 for the feat Improved precise shot)

    Leveling order: 1 conic, then 2 rogue, then rest into favored soul.

    base stats: 36 point build
    str: 8
    dex: 15 (put more points into if you dont have a tome)
    con: 15
    Wis: 15
    Int: 14 (need for trap skills, 8 if you dont think you can)
    CHA: 8

    Inquisitive falconer:
    41 points in inquisitive for capstone
    31 points in flaconer for the lvl 18 requirement
    the last 8 points really dont matter, you can place them in the mechanic tree for increased trap skills or sneak attach range increase.

    The increased helpelss damage from falconer makes things really easy when paired with shiradi. Once you make anything helpless, get it lined up helpless with 1 more mob, then just huse hunters end and shoot later will just 1 shot most mobs

    If you plan on running reaper content and dont have many fate points, bite the bullet and just twist in meld into darkness (T3 shadow dancer)

    If you have ample fate points: T4 sense weakness for increased helpless damage, T3 meld into darkness, T1 Rejuvination cacoon (in spell point management is an issue), T1 a dance of flowers)+1 base weapon die), T1 purification (divine crusader)

    Feats are pretty obvious so I wont include them. Simply put: ranged stuff.

    Also, at level 26 try to get a duster from legendary shroud, as it will multiplicatively increase your damage output on all mobs
    I have a question for the OP, or anyone following this post. Is there a main reason for taking Rogue over Artificer? I'm not nitpicking the build. I'm just generally curious if there's a big advantage. I was wanting to try this build out; but, everything in my head is telling me to lean toward Artificer over Rogue. I feel like I'm missing something.

    Anyways, thank you for the build. Best wishes.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubbinSeals View Post
    I have a question for the OP, or anyone following this post. Is there a main reason for taking Rogue over Artificer? I'm not nitpicking the build. I'm just generally curious if there's a big advantage. I was wanting to try this build out; but, everything in my head is telling me to lean toward Artificer over Rogue. I feel like I'm missing something.

    Anyways, thank you for the build. Best wishes.
    I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can offer more insight, but my assumption is for two reasons:

    First, Rogue is freely available to everyone, whereas Artificer must be purchased or unlocked via Favor.

    Second, Rogue offers double the skill points per class level that Artificer does, which makes it more possible to squeeze in trapping and such, which is otherwise prohibitively hard to do as you miss the important quad-skill-points first level as an Iconic (unless you're leveling a Shadar-kai in which case, congrats! you're a Rogue anyway).

    That said, /2 Artificer is definitely an attractive alternative for Rune Arm use, a couple ranged feats, and other minor bonuses (including trapping as a tight but not impossible option).

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syranthian View Post
    I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can offer more insight, but my assumption is for two reasons:

    First, Rogue is freely available to everyone, whereas Artificer must be purchased or unlocked via Favor.

    Second, Rogue offers double the skill points per class level that Artificer does, which makes it more possible to squeeze in trapping and such, which is otherwise prohibitively hard to do as you miss the important quad-skill-points first level as an Iconic (unless you're leveling a Shadar-kai in which case, congrats! you're a Rogue anyway).

    That said, /2 Artificer is definitely an attractive alternative for Rune Arm use, a couple ranged feats, and other minor bonuses (including trapping as a tight but not impossible option).

    That makes perfect sense. For whatever reason, I forgot you had to buy Artificer. I'll probably put both options in a planner, and look at the difference. Thank you for the reply. Have a great day/night.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    My apologies. I may have another (possibly silly) question. When putting this into a builder, I have an extra feat compared to my previous inquisitive build. I was curious as to what people may recommend; and, I was wondering if people would recommend the SP or HP FVS feat. I was considering taking maximize and the SP feat.

    Thank you again.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubbinSeals View Post
    My apologies. I may have another (possibly silly) question. When putting this into a builder, I have an extra feat compared to my previous inquisitive build. I was curious as to what people may recommend; and, I was wondering if people would recommend the SP or HP FVS feat. I was considering taking maximize and the SP feat.

    Thank you again.
    I always go with HP; can't burn SP when you're dead and FvS already have a crazy good spell point pool.


    Although I'd drop falconry entirely from the build; it's a lot of points being spent for limited results. FvS already gets Wis or Cha to hit/dam and with 4 AP spent in War Soul then one gets the insight bonus to damage. AP is better spent in War Soul & Beacon of Hope. Or if one does 2 Arti instead of rogue then AP could be spent on the 3 extra action boosts from Battle Engineer.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    I always go with HP; can't burn SP when you're dead and FvS already have a crazy good spell point pool.


    Although I'd drop falconry entirely from the build; it's a lot of points being spent for limited results. FvS already gets Wis or Cha to hit/dam and with 4 AP spent in War Soul then one gets the insight bonus to damage. AP is better spent in War Soul & Beacon of Hope. Or if one does 2 Arti instead of rogue then AP could be spent on the 3 extra action boosts from Battle Engineer.
    That's fair. Just to clarify, is it the divine inquisition from the inquisitive tree that allows the Wisdom or Charisma for hit/dam? I'll give the other trees a look at. Do you really feel like 60% helpless damage isn't worth it? Granted, I guess it's not consistent. I don't have any experience with Falconry. Thank you.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubbinSeals View Post
    That's fair. Just to clarify, is it the divine inquisition from the inquisitive tree that allows the Wisdom or Charisma for hit/dam? I'll give the other trees a look at. Do you really feel like 60% helpless damage isn't worth it? Granted, I guess it's not consistent. I don't have any experience with Falconry. Thank you.
    Yes, divine inquisition works with whatever FvS feat you choose (Wis or Cha) for the favorite weapon hit/dam. Helpless damage is great on trash, but trash dies so fast it's rarely worth caring about; it won't do anything for boss fights. If it was a cleric build then falconry would be the way to go, but it's fairly redundant to spend 31 points for that given that the main reason to go deep falconry is for the hit/dam + insight bonus that FvS gets for free/cheap AP.
    Last edited by rabidfox; 07-31-2020 at 07:08 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Yes, divine inquisition works with whatever FvS feat you choose (Wis or Cha) for the favorite weapon hit/dam. Helpless damage is great on trash, but trash dies so fast it's rarely worth caring about; it won't do anything for boss fights. If it was a cleric build then falconry would be the way to go, but it's fairly redundant to spend 31 points for that given that the main reason to go deep falconry is for the hit/dam + insight bonus that FvS gets for free/cheap AP.
    Those are very good points. Thank you for pointing all that out. I'll go your direction with the FVS life then. Have a great day.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubbinSeals View Post
    I was considering taking maximize

    As to this part of your question. This type build wouldn't be using any spells where maximize would make any real difference. Quicken, empower heal, & extend are solid choices. With prayer now scaling based off level, having it extended can be nice. But if you don't have quicken, that's pretty much a must have so you get heals off fast when needed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload