Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    56

    Default Astral Shards after hard core

    What happens to the astral shards on after the hc league is over. Does a transferring character bring them over to live servers?

  2. #2
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,221

    Default

    I would think not, astral shards have always been server specific. So any shards unused on HC server will most likely stay there, you can hope they will be available on the next HC run.

  3. #3
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I would think not, astral shards have always been server specific. So any shards unused on HC server will most likely stay there, you can hope they will be available on the next HC run.
    They won't be, new hardcore season is a clean server.

    About all you can do with them is to try and convert them to gear on the astral shard auction house before you transfer your characters to standard. You can also use them for chest re-rolls or daily dice rolls.

  4. #4
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thugblood View Post
    Does a transferring character bring them over to live servers?
    Of course not. The only things that gets transferred with a character are what they can carry. "Account" items, like shared bank or a Guild ownership, are left behind. That's part of being "Hard Core".

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    You can also use them for chest re-rolls or daily dice rolls.
    That's what I did last season. I just used them for more dice rolls. I ended up losing 1 shard, but meh.

  6. #6
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    28,205

    Default

    No, Astral Shards will not carry over with you from the Hardcore server. Make sure to spend the Shards prior to the end of the event. As with the first season, we will be doing a full data wipe on the server once the event is complete.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  7. #7
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, Astral Shards will not carry over with you from the Hardcore server. Make sure to spend the Shards prior to the end of the event. As with the first season, we will be doing a full data wipe on the server once the event is complete.
    Don't astral shards carry over from event to event? I am fairly certain my Astral Shards did.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  8. #8
    Community Member LeoLionxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Don't astral shards carry over from event to event? I am fairly certain my Astral Shards did.
    Interesting. How about MM progress?

    How about Shared banks? I'm guessing those would have been specifically wiped to make sure players couldn't carry goodies over from the first season.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

  9. #9
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Interesting. How about MM progress?

    How about Shared banks? I'm guessing those would have been specifically wiped to make sure players couldn't carry goodies over from the first season.
    Monster Manual and Shared Bank were wiped, at least as far as I can tell.

    Verified my Astral Shards carried over.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  10. #10
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    28,205

    Default

    Regardless of whether Shard totals were preserved between Hardcore season one and two, our public message that this balance is not intended to carry over between seasons, and that you should spend down your total by the end of the season, remains the correct message.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload