Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Love Mimic Event

I just want to say that there are some of us who LOVE the mimic event as we have a lot of alts and need a lot of those cloaks! Please continue to bring it back a couple times a year at least. Plus, it's kind of a neat challenge to never know if you're going to have to kill the chest you just looted or not

Quote Originally Posted by Talam View Post
    I just want to say that there are some of us who LOVE the mimic event as we have a lot of alts and need a lot of those cloaks! Please continue to bring it back a couple times a year at least. Plus, it's kind of a neat challenge to never know if you're going to have to kill the chest you just looted or not
    I like the mimic hunt event as well - although I do think it would be nice if they updated/added to the available reward list.

Cordovan had mentioned in a livestream a few years back that the intention was to make the mimic hunt a quarterly event, which is why the token cost for the rewards is so high. I would like to see it brought back at least 3 times a year, and they should figure out a way to bring back the mimic frenzy - that was a fun idea.

I also love the mimic hunt. I don't need anything from the reward list but I don't mind. I'd rather they updated mimics themselves to include rubble piles, adventurer backpacks, rest shrines, barrels and crates.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'd rather they updated mimics themselves to include ... rest shrines...
    Do people frequently tell you that you are evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricosene View Post
    Do people frequently tell you that you are evil?
    Usually quite the opposite unless they've played Cards Against Humanity with me, but the whole xoriat-aberration experience in DnD is some of my favorite and the first time a DM used a mimic on me it was or looked like my own bedroll. I did not loose that character... then... but it was a close thing, and a rest shrine mimic would recall that experience nicely. See, I just want to share the fun!
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I love it as well, even although several of my low level characters died from the Mimic. Their goo is toxic !
    I love it, I think because if this feeling "I hope that this chest won't be a Mimic again ? Will I be able to reach the resurrection shrine ?" At level 1-3, a Mimic's attack can be a matter of life & death !
    Too bad that they don't scale ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

+1 to loving the event.

I've got 90% of the items I want (always room for one more cloak, ahem), but it always keeps me on my toes.

Thanks DDO!

Community Member

I'd be happy if they made it all year and just reduced the spawn chance significantly i.e. 1-2%. A very active player might get 1 a day while casual maybe one every 1-2 weeks.

Mimics are a cool part of D&D. But the problem at the moment is if a new player joins during a mimic event they are likely to die many times and just get frustrated.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by korgzz_bloodaxe View Post
    I'd be happy if they made it all year and just reduced the spawn chance significantly i.e. 1-2%. A very active player might get 1 a day while casual maybe one every 1-2 weeks.

Mimics are a cool part of D&D. But the problem at the moment is if a new player joins during a mimic event they are likely to die many times and just get frustrated.

What do you think would happen if randomly, any chest could be a mimic? or even worse, all the random things people are saying could be mimics? chests, doors, shrines, etc.
    My team? with past lives, gear, etc? fine. I don't blink at mimic spawns. New folks, struggled through that quest and finally got to the end, wiped out at the chest by the over-tuned mimic spawn? Terrible PR. Making it all year round would just make that issue worse.

I think the mimic repellant, in store, should be hella cheap, or advertised somehow, or maybe the default and you need to opt in to the mimic event. IDK, just something. Lots of folks, especially new folks who really would benefit, don't know about repellant, or don't have the ddo points to spend just cos they are new.

Community Member

I hate the mimic event , its just plain annoying and I wish there was a way to turn it off in your UI. Also, the loot is pretty useless IMHO, and should be updated if the event isnt scrapped. Events like the ice skating thing and others are optional and you need not do them but if you open a chest in the mimic event you have to fight the dumb thing. I simply dont open chests during the event unless theres a chance for a named item I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    I hate the mimic event , its just plain annoying and I wish there was a way to turn it off in your UI. Also, the loot is pretty useless IMHO, and should be updated if the event isnt scrapped. Events like the ice skating thing and others are optional and you need not do them but if you open a chest in the mimic event you have to fight the dumb thing. I simply dont open chests during the event unless theres a chance for a named item I want.
    Mimic vendor can give you "buff" which prevents mimic spawn.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

That's right.

I just thought ... Do Mimics appear in the Monster Manual ?
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    That's right.

I just thought ... Do Mimics appear in the Monster Manual ?
    I remember somewhere/sometime seeing a dev comment about this, and no mimics do NOT appear in MM nor are the likely to because of how they are coded. They aren't like other mobs.

I also love the mimic hunt. I don't need anything from the reward list but I don't mind. I'd rather they updated mimics themselves to include rubble piles, adventurer backpacks, rest shrines, barrels and crates.
    Ooooooh... (scribbles things down)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Mimics disguised as lost souls... just saying...

Doors. Gotta have Mimic Doors.
    Cordo is already on board with the idea too.

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Mimics disguised as lost souls... just saying...
    100% agreed
    >>>Itchybeard (Crafter), Greensmash (Main), All Others (Mules)<<<

Great idea!! I'm not surprised that Flimsy thinks so, too. Evil and fun!
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Ghallanda: Live and Make Die

Don't forget doors!
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast