Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Next Monster manual coming when....

It's been a while since we got one, and I know with Lag and Feywild and other things on the horizon another manual is fairly low on the radar most likely. Though I've been enjoying keeping track of all of the monsters I've collected currently. I've also been looking at a possible list of monsters not yet in the manual that have a fair number of monsters to them. Ones I found just off a couple days of looking include:

Lizardmen ( Seriously, there is like 40-some variations of these by now minimum )
    Harpies ( At least a dozen of these )
    Medusa ( Considering nearly every medusa has a name, should be a fun hunter requirement )
    Quell ( admittedly this one may only have 4 - 6 types )
    Wheep
    Griffin
    Crab ( We haven't had another critter monster in a while. Maybe this one can give a companion in the end. )
    Will-o-wisp

There are surely more out there as well.

Monster Manual is fun, and should be prioritised higher by SSG!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Hyenas, I say !
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post
    It's been a while since we got one, and I know with Lag and Feywild and other things on the horizon another manual is fairly low on the radar most likely. Though I've been enjoying keeping track of all of the monsters I've collected currently. I've also been looking at a possible list of monsters not yet in the manual that have a fair number of monsters to them. Ones I found just off a couple days of looking include:

Lizardmen ( Seriously, there is like 40-some variations of these by now minimum )
    Medusa ( Considering nearly every medusa has a name, should be a fun hunter requirement )
    Wheep
    Griffin
    Crab ( We haven't had another critter monster in a while. Maybe this one can give a companion in the end. )
    Will-o-wisp

Goblin

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Only mentioning threads that are asking for more Monster Manuals or more monsters added to said manuals, here's what I can find in the last two years:

March 2020 thread, thanks Aelonwy

December 2019 thread with Cordovan mentioning "no short-term plans" for adding more MM's.

July 2019 thread.

May 2019 second thread - complimenting devs on adding to MM's with Sharn release.

May 2019 first thread.

March 2019 thread includes Lynnabel stating that SSG isn't against adding more MM's, which was the previous stance AFAIK.

December 2018 thread.

October 2018 thread.

-----

Worth mentioning:

May 2013 to August 2019 long-term thread listing Monster Manual issues, in 2016 NoWorries said they're not keeping all entries up-to-date due to being busy, but I believe they are currently not on the dev team.

------

This is a topic that comes up sorta often lol (largely from the same forumites, TBF). I remember devs saying it's a bit of a pain to add monsters to them, and to add more manuals, but I can't find that quote. Lynnabel's comment (linked above) at least indicates that it's a possibility though.

-----

Edit: Added Aelonwy's link from earlier this year.
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 04-08-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

You missed my thread (March 2020):

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Money-maker?

I'll give you a pass though because I didn't put MM in the title.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

At least they added monsters to the existing manuals in the meantime. Like Borderland Bears, for example. Or some special figures from The Anniversary Party.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    At least they added monsters to the existing manuals in the meantime. Like Borderland Bears, for example. Or some special figures from The Anniversary Party.
    Actually I was disappointed Lichabel (sp?) didn't count for my liches. But yes, I am always pleased when they remember to make certain their newest content counts toward the MM.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Default Dragons

I want to see the Dragons section broken down by color and dragonkin. Like wyverns, green dragons, black dragons, etc...
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post

Wheep
    Griffin
    Will-o-wisp

The other giant types: Stone Giant, Fire Giant, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Actually I was disappointed Lichabel (sp?) didn't count for my liches. But yes, I am always pleased when they remember to make certain their newest content counts toward the MM.
    It's not typically that we don't remember it's usually a case of: What's the first large time task that can be punted to after initial release to make sure we hit our release date?

The answer to that question is very often monster manual.

Then there are the cases of festival monsters which we have gone back and forth on whether they should count for the manual at all over the course of several years.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Then there are the cases of festival monsters which we have gone back and forth on whether they should count for the manual at all over the course of several years.
    Well just IMHO but I would especially like to see all the Anniversary +dev mobs in my MM. Its funny to say I've beat the snot out of +Cordovan x number of times and such. So when one isn't included its disappointing like Flimsy although that's at least understandable because there is no scarecrow entry.

FYI +Steelstar beats the snot of me half the time so... now I wonder if in some alternate universe I'm in his MM. :/

As a large time task, I'm guessing this means each entry needs to be manually entered into the MM in the correct categories rather than something that can be automated? If so, then maybe there could be a separate MM category specifically for enemies that only appear during the festivals & which gives out a few rewards related to the event? You could have the exterminator deeds as a bonus for lots of runs & the hunter deeds would be a nice little reward for those who don't necessarily want to run it a lot but still want to explore it all. I'd kind of like a candy cane & shield combo like the gingerbreads use for a laugh - also, unrelated to the event but if we could get Skinny (horc from Siegebreaker)'s frying pan as a weapon or just as a cosmetic, that'd be nice too
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I'd really like to see Reapers added to a Monster Manual.

Killing them is often a big deal, so getting the brownie points for the killing would be nice.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post

Killing them is often a big deal, so getting the brownie points for the killing would be nice.
    And knowing how many of my deaths come from them would be fun as well. I wonder what my Reaper K/D is lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post

Without a doubt this is the monster I most want to see added to a monster manual.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    As a large time task, I'm guessing this means each entry needs to be manually entered into the MM in the correct categories rather than something that can be automated? If so, then maybe there could be a separate MM category specifically for enemies that only appear during the festivals & which gives out a few rewards related to the event? You could have the exterminator deeds as a bonus for lots of runs & the hunter deeds would be a nice little reward for those who don't necessarily want to run it a lot but still want to explore it all. I'd kind of like a candy cane & shield combo like the gingerbreads use for a laugh - also, unrelated to the event but if we could get Skinny (horc from Siegebreaker)'s frying pan as a weapon or just as a cosmetic, that'd be nice too

I know without question it would not be as easy as it sounds. But is there any way to make that more convenient when new monsters are added that when you enter a new monster into the game when you select the race of the monster it goes into that category in the monster manual? I know if would be 2 very different databases talking to each other which does have the possibility of errors if not configured right. And that's even if the npc database keeps race as a flag. ( which one would assume it does, else having to change flags on monsters for spider-bane, elf-bane, etc would be a serious pain in the behind )

Community Member

It's not typically that we don't remember it's usually a case of: What's the first large time task that can be punted to after initial release to make sure we hit our release date?

The answer to that question is very often monster manual.

Nice that you guys are taking the MM this serious, its one of the better addition to the game.
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h
    DDO Anthem.

Community Member

Monster Manual: Festival Edition
    New group in Monster Manual called "Events" containing a list of the individual events "Anniversary Party", "Mabar", "Cove", etc. *
    Monsters in events only count towards that event, so the undead in the Mabar event won't also register in the undead section of the Monster Manual, for example. **
    Awards for hunter / slayer thresholds are cosmetic and/or rewards for that event, so the Anniversary Party targets award Party Favors, the Cove targets award green dragonshards, etc.

This idea has had no thought applied to it, so I may have overlooked an obvious problem, but it would resolve the whole "should event creatures count?" debate.

* So "Events" is a group just as "Aberration", "Animal", "Construct", etc. are currently, and the individual events are in that group just as the monster types "Beholder", "Wolf", "Stone Golem", etc. exist within their groups.

** This may result in needing to adjust the hunter thresholds in the rest of the Monster Manual, but the main sections shouldn't be relying on getting creatures which are only available during an event anyway, IMO.

If Event Monsters had a special tag called "festivalMonster" or something like that, they could be placed into that new "Festival" folder.
    The "festival" folder should definitively be F2P, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast