Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Ironclad Armbands Bracers
    Minimum Level: 3/29
    Protection +2/+17
    Healing Amplification +8/+85
    Parrying +10
    Devotion +214
    Green Augment Slot

So I know I'm gonna get alot of hate for this but can we get the healing amp changed to insightful cuz the only insightful heal amp in the game currently is +50 and limited to only fire stance monks and it's a max lvl 20 bracer(jidtz teka, sorry for bad spelling if I spelled wrong) and idk about everyone else but the more heal amp I can place without sacrificing alot mean I get to live longer so would be nice to see some more insightful to put into my builds and it doesnt even have to be the bracers or 85 maybe the artifact gloves and have it 50 or 65
    Find me on Orion: Shiks, Shikagami, shikee, shikers

I don't comment on gear really, but have you thought about named items having different variations once again ?

Like stats or tactics and such ? Or insightful variant of otherwise 21 stat item ?

Like we had with Dragon Helms, Dun Robar rings, Intricate Optics or Citw sets ?

Imagine Insight Dex wpm goggles, Trip Sunken Chains or keeping both suggested versions of melee trinket discussed here ?

That way you offer more options. Not locked into particular stuff, don't have to recraft stuff like slavers or Sharn again to fit one new item. It's sometimes impossible to even come up with new gearset without completely redoing everything.

You put lot of work into new gear, but it often only fits particular build or gearset so it's just sentient food. That's a mistake imo.
    Last edited by Wipey; 04-08-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (panda) Ghallanda/Devourer

I can't figure out the dagger.

What is enhanced bloodrage? Also the lethargy of the heroic bloodrage is brutal. Can there be some way of mitigating it?
    Like if any one of the other trinkets (or even one specifically that you create with the theme of anger) is used from this pack, have them form a set in the same way that the parasitic breastplate and the sustaining symbiot prevent symbiotic backlash.

Does enhanced bloodrage proc the temporary hp of the Beast's mantle set? That would make the dagger interesting.

I would also give it Anger, increasing the number of rages a barbarian can use. Why not? Of course people swap weapons out quite a bit so these charges will get lost, but it adds to the intrigue. Or if you use my idea of a matching trinket, put Anger on that trinket.

You can make a trinket look like this:
    Some bloated ability score, maybe quality something, or quality Con
    Anger
    Healer's bounty
    quality fortification (IDK)
    quality armor piercing
    etc
    Last edited by Saekee; 04-08-2020 at 07:50 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I'd like to have something resembling the old "Thaumaturgy" quarterstaffs back again.
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorpus View Post
    Divine Augmentation would be pretty useless to the majority of players even it were functioning properly, because just like Arcane Augmentation it would only increase CL not MCL. Augmentation hasn't really been something that's had much value at cap ever since the meta moved away from shiradi years ago.

On a side note, due to the way that divines are/can be played optimally, even if Divine Augmentation increased MCL it would be pretty bad because divine spells are not a good option for nuking at level cap and increasing the MCL of your healing spells has extremely limited value when your heals can already fully heal the vast majority of players with minimal investment on your end and theirs.

The relevant change is swapping out healing stuff (which already exists on a lot of items that a divine will likely be using at least one of) for quality spell focus (which previously had no good slotting options for wisdom-based divines), so even though Divine Augmentation doesn't have much value the overall item is still more useful than it was before.

It would be an even better item if Divine Augmentation were replaced with a more useful effect (wizardry would be ideal), but I'd certainly take this version over the previous one.
    I think Divine Augmentation would be a great enchantment, if it worked. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/509288)
    If nothing else, +2 caster levels = +2 stacking spell penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Deep Promise Onyx Trinket
    • False Life +8/+81
    • Negative Healing Amplification +8/Insightful Negative Healing Amplification +43
    • Quality Negative Healing Amplification +22
    • Quality Intelligence +5
    • Blue Augment Slot
    Since we already have false life on the Sharn sets, please could this be some other type of false life - Insightful, Quality, anything besides the standard type. Thanks!
    Last edited by KhellendrosUK; 04-08-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I think Divine Augmentation would be a great enchantment, if it worked. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/509288)
    If nothing else, +2 caster levels = +2 stacking spell penetration.
    Well hmmm... I didn't know it didn't work. It wouldn't even have occurred to me to test something like that, after all they've had Arcane Augmentation in the game forever. I just assumed Divine Augmentation worked the same way but for divines. I guess its still useful to Favored Souls and at least it doesn't conflict with the Flamecleansed Fury set anymore.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    Why does the Sickle, which is clearly a PM item, not have Necro 9 on it?
    Because it's very clearly not a PM item...? It's a poison Alchemist item.

Community Member

Lynabelle, being very cheeky here, but wondering if you could do another wizard trinket (or some other item not part of the wizard set) - one aimed at the living variety rather than necromancers. Know you already have a generic one in there but half the stats on it overlap with the esoteric initiate set so a bit of a waste in some ways.

So something with exceptional healing amp or something else to improve survivability for the fleshy wizards, although we are likely few in number For other enhancements on it possibly insightful spell focus mastery as quality spell focus mastery is quite common on recent items, whereas I don't think there's been any insightful items since Ravenloft.

But know you likely can't at this late stage and if you created one item on request you'd be so inundated with suggestions that you'd never get anything done, but a man can dream

Maybe if you'd bear it in mind for future items!

Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

As we see a rise in popularity of S&B builds, I am surprised you only have an orb listed and no shields.

Maybe something along the lines of;
    Improved prr/mrr,
    Dex bonus for shield mastery,
    +[w] for shield rush/charge,
    Vanguard Assessment (lvl 29) (my own idea) choice of skills when taking 40 pts in tree.

In addition a new and matching weapon would be nice. Make it set with both defensive an offensive bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Under no circumstances will tomorrow's work "fix lag".

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Shikagami16 View Post
    Ironclad Armbands Bracers
    Protection +2/+17
    Healing Amplification +8/+85
    Parrying +10
    Devotion +214
    Green Augment Slot

So I know I'm gonna get alot of hate for this but can we get the healing amp changed to insightful cuz the only insightful heal amp in the game currently is +50 and limited to only fire stance monks and it's a max lvl 20 bracer(jidtz teka, sorry for bad spelling if I spelled wrong) and idk about everyone else but the more heal amp I can place without sacrificing alot mean I get to live longer so would be nice to see some more insightful to put into my builds and it doesnt even have to be the bracers or 85 maybe the artifact gloves and have it 50 or 65
    Sure, sounds good to me.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    I don't comment on gear really, but have you thought about named items having different variations once again ?

Like stats or tactics and such ? Or insightful variant of otherwise 21 stat item ?

Like we had with Dragon Helms, Dun Robar rings, Intricate Optics or Citw sets ?

Imagine Insight Dex wpm goggles, Trip Sunken Chains or keeping both suggested versions of melee trinket discussed here ?

That way you offer more options. Not locked into particular stuff, don't have to recraft stuff like slavers or Sharn again to fit one new item. It's sometimes impossible to even come up with new gearset without completely redoing everything.

You put lot of work into new gear, but it often only fits particular build or gearset so it's just sentient food. That's a mistake imo.
    Items that are created during Treasure Generation (such as the old level split items and the Citw sets) are, internally, a nightmare to test and iterate on. They're almost impossible for CS to replace or fix, they're almost impossible to work with recipe-wise, and the end result is not something as fun as letting the player have agency over the random portion - such as Sharn's items. If we had a better way to put it all together, I'd be all for it, but right now it's not in the cards.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    It only applied to beacon of hope slas.
    Not anymore, this will be fixed with U46.

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

I spent a small amount of time on the test server and did not experience any lag with a level 15 Artificer warforged. My comments are included below some of the items listed below. I comment only on the epic versions of items.

[QUOTE=Cocomajobo;6312467]Belts
    Belt of Sure Strikes Belt
    • Magical Sheltering +5/+54
    • Seeker +2/Insightful Seeker +10
    • Quality Combat Mastery +5
    • Quality Accuracy +8
    • Green Augment Slot

This looks like a solid item! Any offensive melee build would consider using it. the MRR is a welcome addition as well.

Boots
    Clockwork Boots Boots
    • Intelligence +2/Quality Intelligence +5
    • Shatter +3/+23
    • Repair Lore +31%
    • Reconstruction +214
    • Blue Augment Slot

This looks like a fair item! Not many builds would seek it out. Quality Int is great but consider throwing on repair amplification instead of repair lore and reconstruction. An artificer or other warforged caster type would likely have repair lore and reconstruction on another item already. The change to repair / healing amp and something else (such as insight or quality PRR) would likely make the item stronger. And would benefit a variety of builds.

The Shrouded Steps of the Beyond Boots
    Minor Artifact
    Minimum Level: 29
    Max Filigree Slots: 3

• Dexterity +22
    • Enhanced Ghostly Equipping this item causes you to become partially incorporeal. Your melee and missile attacks do not roll a miss chance for Incorporeal targets. Enemy attacks have a 15% chance to miss you due to your incorporeality. You receive a +5 enhancement bonus to your Hide and Move Silently skills.
    • Insightful Dodge +10%
    • Quality Dodge +5%
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot

This looks like a nice item. Consider throwing on a boost to assassinate abilities and drop one of the dodge effects. The item seems geared toward the sneaky killing types.
    Rings
    The Bloodsigil Ring Ring
    Minor Artifact
    Minimum Level: 29
    Max Filigree Slots: 3

• Intelligence +22
    • Quality Combat Mastery +5
    • Quality Deception +4
    • Quality Deadly +5
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot

This looks like a solid item! Very tempting.

Ring of Changes Ring
    • Intelligence +2/Quality Intelligence +5
    • Spell Resistance +5/+47
    • Transmutation Focus +9
    • Quality Resistance +4
    • Blue Augment Slot

This looks like a solid item! Transmutation focus is needed. Not excited about spell resistance. Consider replacing this with something such as what is on the old Torc. I think a ring of changes could change physical damage into spell energy. Would be a welcome addition for multiple builds.

Book of Spirits Trinket
    • Ghostly
    • Diversion +33%
    • True Seeing
    • Protection from Evil +10
    • Green Augment Slot

This one seems very underpowered when compared with others. True seeing is certainly nice but I think it lacks a stronger benefit than diversion or protection from evil.

Conduit of the Arcane Trinket
    • Wizardry +41/+440
    • Efficient Metamagic - Maximize +I/+II
    • Efficient Metamagic - Empower II
    • Efficient Metamagic - Intensify I

• Green Augment Slot

This one needs improvement. a trinket with quality or insightful spell focus mastery would be of great value. Or one that has spellcraft and two spell school focuses would be good as well (maybe the ones folks have already brought up that are needed on more items in the game...transmutation focus, conjuration focus). I would drop at least two of those efficient benefits if not all three. Freedom of movement would not be a bad addition.

I hope this helps.
    Cannith! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, Lorrtank (my main), Lorrgar, Batonrouge, Jimmyhendrix, Jimipage, Ironzealot, Lorrsane, Taurnish, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KhellendrosUK View Post
    Since we already have false life on the Sharn sets, please could this be some other type of false life - Insightful, Quality, anything besides the standard type. Thanks!
    The esoteric robes (most likely candidate for a PM) do not have false life on them, so /notsigned.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Weapons
    Dagger of the Liturgist Dagger
    Damage Dice: [1d4]/5[1d4+2]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2

• Enhancement Bonus +3/+15
    • Blood Rage Anytime you are hit there is a chance that you will fall into a Blood Rage. Blood Rage gives up to a +8 bonus to Strength and Constitution but will also cause short periods of lethargy when your lust for blood becomes sated.
    • Vengeful While its wielder is hit in battle, this item has a 10% chance to cause him or her to become full of anger and go into a Rage.
    • Enhanced Bloodrage This weapon is enhanced by blod - your blood! Each time you take damage or kill an enemy, there is a small chance that you will fal into an unholy bloodrage, greatly increasing your Melee Power, Constitution, and Damage. However, this rage will leave you more vulnerable to Physical attacks, slightly reducing your Armor Class.
    • Relentless Fury While this item is equipped, any killing blows you strike against enemies may drive you into a furious rage, providing a 5% Enhancement damage bonus to your melee, ranged, and unarmed attacks for 30 seconds. Slaying weaker opponents has a reduced chance of producing this effect.
    • Sovereign Vorpal (Epic Only. Replaces Manslayer)
    • Red Augment Slot
    I love this dagger, its amazing concept for a "I'm very angry" beater that's not THF, but are you 100% sure Bloodrage (normal, not Enhanced version) on legendary version is good idea? Up to +8 strength is great for heroic, but in legendary it's gonna be barely noticable. The drawback of -50% attack speed for 12 second is gonna mean the better your gear, and your character, the worse this dagger becomes. It gets much worse if you're not focusing on strength as your to-hit and to-damage stat, which is the majority of cases with dagger users. Assuming you've got perfect uptime, you end up with 12s of +1 hit/dmg, 12s of +2hit/dmg and 12s of +4hit/dmg, after which you take 12s of -50% attack speed. Assuming your attack speed is 115% (100% base and +15% for haste) it's 44% dps loss during those 12 seconds. I'm sure up to +4 damage on every swing for 36 seconds is a lot less than 44% of your total dps for 12 seconds.

I'd suggest dropping normal bloodrage from legendary version of item, and keeping vengeful on it, since it's not gonna be detrimental to your characters damage. Or perhaps change it to some other fitting effect. Limb chopper sounds nice, but it's small piercing weapon, not a large slashing one, so that absolutely doesn't fit thematic of weapon. Maybe heal on-kill effect, depending on enemies CR? Like that ability in Divine Crusader tree? I think sacrificing enemies lives, for your god/personal gains fits thematic of "Liturgists" daggger, and goes hand in hand with Relentless Fury we already have on it. Or just some magnitude of vampirism would fit this item really well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaalaos View Post
    I love this dagger, its amazing concept for a "I'm very angry" beater that's not THF, but are you 100% sure Bloodrage (normal, not Enhanced version) on legendary version is good idea? Up to +8 strength is great for heroic, but in legendary it's gonna be barely noticable. The drawback of -50% attack speed for 12 second is gonna mean the better your gear, and your character, the worse this dagger becomes. It gets much worse if you're not focusing on strength as your to-hit and to-damage stat, which is the majority of cases with dagger users. Assuming you've got perfect uptime, you end up with 12s of +1 hit/dmg, 12s of +2hit/dmg and 12s of +4hit/dmg, after which you take 12s of -50% attack speed. Assuming your attack speed is 115% (100% base and +15% for haste) it's 44% dps loss during those 12 seconds. I'm sure up to +4 damage on every swing for 36 seconds is a lot less than 44% of your total dps for 12 seconds.

I'd suggest dropping normal bloodrage from legendary version of item, and keeping vengeful on it, since it's not gonna be detrimental to your characters damage. Or perhaps change it to some other fitting effect. Limb chopper sounds nice, but it's small piercing weapon, not a large slashing one, so that absolutely doesn't fit thematic of weapon. Maybe heal on-kill effect, depending on enemies CR? Like that ability in Divine Crusader tree? I think sacrificing enemies lives, for your god/personal gains fits thematic of "Liturgists" daggger, and goes hand in hand with Relentless Fury we already have on it. Or just some magnitude of vampirism would fit this item really well too.
    I would much prefer they made the dagger into a tanking stile weapon. We have very very few weapons witch are designed with tanks in mind. So my suggestion is to keep the on-being-hit effects (aside from bloodrage), and replace the other effects with tank type effects. Non standard heal amp comes to mind.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    I would much prefer they made the dagger into a tanking stile weapon. We have very very few weapons witch are designed with tanks in mind. So my suggestion is to keep the on-being-hit effects (aside from bloodrage), and replace the other effects with tank type effects. Non standard heal amp comes to mind.
    I don't think daggers fit tank thematic at all, but I'd rather see them do 180 degree turn on this items concept and do changes you propose, rather than releasing it with Blood Rage on legendary version which will make this item worse than morninglord weapons you don't even need to farm for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    Tank-designed weapons is a very good idea. Perhaps some smaller portions of Affirmation from LGS would also be a good idea for future loot designs, for a tank weapons. Anything that makes the playstyle more active in nature is never a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Instead of Quality Dodge on The Shrouded Steps of the Beyond Boots Artifact could we get either Quality Armor Mastery or Quality Assassinate? Maybe drop the Insightful Dodge and trade for both? It's almost always super easy to max out dodge but significantly harder to raise dodge cap. Plus those two effects are super rare at the moment.
    Sarlona - Quentina, Chiptune, Keldoram, Galindrim

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast