Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Community Member

Overall, Preview 2 is a good improvement! Great Job SSG. I have included feedback on 3 specific items below:

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Belts
    Belt of Sure Strikes Belt
    Minimum Level: 3/29
    • Magical Sheltering +5/+54
    • Seeker +2/Insightful Seeker +10
    • Quality Combat Mastery +5
    • Quality Accuracy +8
    • Green Augment Slot
    Great changes.
    Suggest changing insightful seeker to quality seeker which isn't available anywhere else. Insightful seeker is on Cloak of Balance.
    Suggest changing quality accuracy to accuracy. Qual accuracy is on Kalok Shash which almost all melee builds use. Accuracy is on the Celestial Ruby ring but it already conflicts with the new Corroded Iron Figure trinket (stunning) so it is good to have an alternative.
    Don't need to change both, but one would make it more attractive to some builds - regardless it is still a much more viable item compared to Preview 1.

Cloaks
    Charune, Grand Burden of Fury Cloak
    Minor Artifact
    Minimum Level: 29
    Max Filigree Slots: 3

• Strength +22
    • Physical Sheltering +59
    • Raging Strength III Your Rage abilities grant an additional +3 Strength.
    • Anger This will increase the total number of Rages you can use by 3. However, these additional Rages will only take effect after the wielder rests.
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    Lynnabel said the following changes have been made:
    Charune, Burden of Fury
    Anger -> Seeker
    PRR -> Fort Bypass

Both fort bypass and seeker are on the part of the family set which actually makes this change a step down from Preview one. Suggest keep Anger as it is and change PRR to resistance or even a DR30/- like Bloodrage Chrism.

Corroded Iron Figure Trinket
    • Stunning +3/+23
    • Protection +2/+17
    • Insightful Stunning +11
    • Insightful Sheltering +27
    • Blue Augment Slot
    Awesome item. It is a viable alternative to Bloodrage Chrism for THF. Do not change this item!
    Last edited by korgzz_bloodaxe; 04-08-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slominator View Post
    Instead of Quality Dodge on The Shrouded Steps of the Beyond Boots Artifact could we get either Quality Armor Mastery or Quality Assassinate? Maybe drop the Insightful Dodge and trade for both? It's almost always super easy to max out dodge but significantly harder to raise dodge cap. Plus those two effects are super rare at the moment.
    Replacing quality dodge with quality armor mastery would be fine, but please don't remove the insightful dodge. Quality assassinate we already get from the raid necklace.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    I would much prefer they made the dagger into a tanking stile weapon. We have very very few weapons witch are designed with tanks in mind. So my suggestion is to keep the on-being-hit effects (aside from bloodrage), and replace the other effects with tank type effects. Non standard heal amp comes to mind.
    Not sure tanks are using daggers—more like assassins, some bards, a few odd pure vistani capstone splashes. It is just an odd dagger and I can’t quite figure out the target builds. Offhand on a bear? But aren’t they all doing THF now?

How much melee power do they proc on the rage? Again, if this procs with bloodfeast temp hp it would be worth it as that would mean 1K hp like an LGS 3Xpos weapon which would be better anyway—but one which you need to run repeated raids to make
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Unhappy Hmmmmmm

Only 2 really nice items for a melee who isn't a barb or a rogue and they are both trinkets..... nicely done (sarcasm).
    And no more weapons, particularly for 1H melee? For shame....

Casters FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    The esoteric robes (most likely candidate for a PM) do not have false life on them, so /notsigned.
    I'm not sure I agree that's the most likely candidate for a PM, I would say the Dreadkeeper set fits a lot better but, in fairness, I didn't notice that the robes in both sets didn't have false life, because I use the medium armour with EK myself.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valdieron View Post
    Casters FTW!
    I think the whole pack itemization is .. niche or neglected classes & trees ftw

That's ok, I guess, except a whole update goes towards that, again (soul splitter). I'd prefer they addressed all trees in each xpack (or pack) not least because we end up with mis-levelled gear for certain trees (soul splitter). It isn't the tree's fault there are a lot of .. other trees possible - meaning a lot of items. Suck it up, that's what happens when you have so many trees in a game like DDO. More than 4 named items possible in a chest? oh well. That's what is required, when you have so many trees. Also, that's what sentient feeding is for.

To someone playing a niche tree, these content drops are too late, and to someone not playing a niche tree, these content drops are worthless.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Not anymore, this will be fixed with U46.
    Not fixed on Lamannia btw. (tested with heroic conduit)

Community Member

Weapons
    All weapons have the same generic, incorrect description.

Community Member

Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment
    strictly worse than ravenloft sets (+1 DC to select schools vs +2 DC to all schools). Why would anyone use it?

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valdieron View Post
    Only 2 really nice items for a melee who isn't a barb or a rogue and they are both trinkets..... nicely done (sarcasm).
    Trinkets with more than 1 stat or ability are in general extremely rare within the levels 1-3. At least that's my personal experience.

Edit : I'm surprised how much there is available wuith the levels 1-3 , I never realized that : https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Trinket_items
    The only thing I don't remember having ever found is that "Bottle of Water".
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 04-09-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by scut207 View Post
    Possible to switch Transmutation Focus +9 to Insightful Transmutation +4?
    But there's multiple Insightful Spell Focus Mastery +4 items. That change makes the item go from having +2 benefit for Transmutation (+9 over +7 Mastery), to having none. It's better as +9, but if it has to be Insightful, shouldn't it be +5 as a single-school effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Sure, will do.
    Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment
    strictly worse than ravenloft sets (+1 DC to select schools vs +2 DC to all schools). Why would anyone use it?
    In a limited resource set of slots, no one would consider it.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    But there's multiple Insightful Spell Focus Mastery +4 items. That change makes the item go from having +2 benefit for Transmutation (+9 over +7 Mastery), to having none. It's better as +9, but if it has to be Insightful, shouldn't it be +5 as a single-school effect?

Sigh.
    IIRC the raid ring from KT has +4 to all.

If I could find a way I would have tried to fit a +9 in but not a +4 insightful. But since I can't they can go ahead
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

Wink Please don't change the STR trinket and give more info about the dagger!

Dagger of the Liturgist

Please leave this dagger as i'm running a VKF capstone barb just because i saw the preview and wanted to use this dagger although i agree that enhanced bloodrage should not give -50% attack speed unless the benefits are huge huge (let's say 50% added dps, since you are going to lose 50% dps on the lethargy anyway...)

Also for the quality str trinket, as somebody posted before, we can only put qua str on the some leg bracers, which have to compete with str artifact and SL crafter stuff, so please leave it as it is. It's a really nice trinket as it is imho.

Everything's looking kinda nice to be honest, really good job !
    Henttarl : Life 31 Monk (Heroic completionist) 12 ITRs (6x PDK, 6x Bladeforged) 11 ETRs (3x Brace 3x Enchant Weapon 3x Doublestrike 2x Colors of the queen)
    Maagistre : Life 7 Favored Soul, 1 ITR (PDK)
    Darkbomb : Life 2 Paladin archer

YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCe...VdiV9-w/videos

Community Member

Battlesworn Medal Trinket
    Charisma +2/Quality Charisma +5
    Heroism/Greater Heroism
    Action Boost Enhancement
    Quality Doublestrike +5%
    Blue Augment Slot

Could we change Greater Heroism to something else? If a player really wants GH, there are several options they already have (casting the spell, using a scroll, using a clicky, or drinking a pot).

There are several decent and useful alternatives that are not as easily duplicated, such as:

Draconic Reinvigoration
    Alchemical Conservation
    Insightful Charisma +10
    Good Luck +4
    Prayer Clicky CL20
    Vitality +72
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by henttarl View Post
    Dagger of the Liturgist

Please leave this dagger as i'm running a VKF capstone barb just because i saw the preview and wanted to use this dagger although i agree that enhanced bloodrage should not give -50% attack speed unless the benefits are huge huge (let's say 50% added dps, since you are going to lose 50% dps on the lethargy anyway...)

Also for the quality str trinket, as somebody posted before, we can only put qua str on the some leg bracers, which have to compete with str artifact and SL crafter stuff, so please leave it as it is. It's a really nice trinket as it is imho.

Everything's looking kinda nice to be honest, really good job !
    Enhanced Blood Rage is very good for everyone, regardless of their to-damage stat, since it gives flat damage/melee power/constitution for cost of some ac. It's the "normal" blood rage that stays on legendary version of item that's bad. It's ramping up to +8 strength and constitution, but it nerfs your attack speed by 50% once it runs out. Just drop normal bloodrage from legendary version of this item and i'll be 100% happy with effect.

Community Member

Yeah I'd really love to see a new source for insightful spell focus mastery - of course there's the sceptre from Ravenloft but given that the other 3 benefits of the sceptre are superseded by enhancements on the caster sets it seems such a waste to use a slot that really only give you 1 bonus, even if its a nice bonus.

Community Member

Sigh.
    hrm, sorry, I thought it was a good idea... the only non-raid item with insightful spell DC is nightmothers which most of the attributes are overwritten by other gear. I figured getting a blue with +4 insight transmutation combined with the new sickle& a stygian wrath orb would be good for a poison based alchy bombadier who wanted better CC DCs...

Hope I didnt screw anything up for you.
    Last edited by scut207; 04-09-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    Sarlona: Thrundrack, Fizzix, Swyft______(alts x20)

The Stone-forged Gauntlet is a nice item, but can this be changed from gloves? As is, this conflicts with the Feywild Dreamer set (ie: the Acid Artifact set from Sharn), so is there any chance this could instead be changed to a wrist item?

In regards to the changes to 'Charune, Grand Burden of Fury' that aren’t in the notes, please reconsider removing Anger from the item. Especially for Seeker. We’ve got more than enough seeker sources and options at endgame to gear around. However, we’ve got no endgame item with Anger on it. While bears can regenerate rage uses while fighting, barbarians cannot, and while most barbarians use maybe 1-2 of their rages per quest that isn’t the same for those playing Visage of Terror barbarians. How about creating "Legendary Anger" or something along those lines that gives 'x' amount of melee power while raged and gives the additional +3 rages? Or something similar, as some have suggested making "Legendary Anger" +3 rages and +'x' quality seeker.

And on another note, is there any chance the name "Kinetic Sphere" could be changed/reserved for if/when we might ever get a melee-thrower focused orb? I’d love to see an orb that is designed as an offhand booster similar to a Runearm.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Shedrakzo View Post
    In regards to the changes to 'Charune, Grand Burden of Fury' that aren’t in the notes, please reconsider removing Anger from the item.
    Sure thing. Anger back, Seeker gone.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast