Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Default Has anybody seen the Mimic vendor??

@Cordovan - as i write this it is ~10am US EST on April 6 (and just shy of midnight 6 April in Australia). Mimic Hunt is posted as running till 6 April (a fair assumption might be that the event runs till midnight on the 6th).

Issue is that the vendor has disappeared...can i please request return of the vendor for a day or two more? Went to trade my tokens and https://ddowiki.com/page/Glynereth is not there.

Any chance she can come back, even for just 24 hours? Please?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drykks - Baanzai - Elyndaar

Community Member HedgeHogShadow's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_the_South View Post
    @Cordovan - as i write this it is ~10am US EST on April 6 (and just shy of midnight 6 April in Australia). Mimic Hunt is posted as running till 6 April (a fair assumption might be that the event runs till midnight on the 6th).

Issue is that the vendor has disappeared...can i please request return of the vendor for a day or two more? Went to trade my tokens and https://ddowiki.com/page/Glynereth is not there.

Yes, I just logged in also so I could get my rewards before the event is over and no sign of the vendor . Crying.
    Who in the world is Brother Augustus?

Community Member

"Til" is different than "Through", to be fair...

Usually the weekend events run "until we get back in the office Monday morning and switch it off". Now that they're WFH I imagine its just "until we log into the remote server Monday morning and switch it off".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    "Til" is different than "Through", to be fair...

Usually the weekend events run "until we get back in the office Monday morning and switch it off". Now that they're WFH I imagine its just "until we log into the remote server Monday morning and switch it off".
    Wait, doesn't someone from SSG have to go into the office Monday morning to feed the hamster? Or is he dead and that is causing the problems over the weekend?

Community Manager

Sorry about that, the mimic vendor and mimic hunt are back on through tomorrow morning.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Nice con game. It's April 7th in Australia. Most of us were rejoicing that the mimic hunt was over. But no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    Nice con game. It's April 7th in Australia. Most of us were rejoicing that the mimic hunt was over. But no.
    Nobody expects the mimic on again. Surprise being the chief weapon.

While I think this visit by the mimics lasted much longer than I prefer so that it just became tedious at a point... I wouldn't mind if they left mimics enabled throughout the year at .01% of the chance they have to pop during the event. Just to keep DDO with that small bit of surprise.
    Happy 14th DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post

While I think this visit by the mimics lasted much longer than I prefer so that it just became tedious at a point... I wouldn't mind if they left mimics enabled throughout the year at .01% of the chance they have to pop during the event. Just to keep DDO with that small bit of surprise.
    I would be fine with that idea. Yes the event went for far to long this time. I got well over 100 tokens each on two toons this time around. I also found not much to spend them on at the vendor. Like a few events it maybe time to add some more selection. But that will never happen now that HC is one month off then back on for god know when event.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_the_South View Post

Thanks for the post, I had totally forgotten that it was ending soon. and thanks cordo for turning the vendor back on. I was able to pick up my Necklace of the Glib Tongue tonight, it's a fun niche item if anything. That was my first mimic event item, and probably will be my last. There's really nothing left to interest me in the future. The loot refresh mentioned above is a very good idea. The cloak could be something special. In the spirit of mimics, how about...

L28 Cloak of the Mimic -- Goo Guard, Improved Deception, True Seeing, insightful Hide +11, DR 15/Law

just a thought.
    Zamsil - L30 VKF Assassin - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zanthiss - L24 Acrobat

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Nobody expects the mimic on again.
    Like the Spanish Inquisition ?
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

I would actually prefer this method instead. In additon they could rejig the event by periodically increasing the % by what mimics spawn. This could also be further potentially increased through events like weekend bonuses etc.

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sorry about that, the mimic vendor and mimic hunt are back on through tomorrow morning.
    Thank you, that was very kind of you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drykks - Baanzai - Elyndaar