Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Sad State of Affairs

This is starting to look like they either don't know how to fix the current issue or they simply do not have the money to do so.

This is gone from lag to the game playing like its broken.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesfury View Post
    This is starting to look like they either don't know how to fix the current issue or they simply do not have the money to do so.

yeah I've been in a solid lag spike for like 10 mins straight now...long enough for me to log in and catch up on all the forum posts lol

I'm behind a safe spot but I feel bad for this one lone kobold shaman left, he's been blasting the wall with lightning bolts this whole time, he must be exhausted by now...

Community Member

Don't worry, you posting 3 threads about it every day will accelerate the speed at which they fix the issue

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by korgzz_bloodaxe View Post
    Don't worry, you posting 3 threads about it every day will accelerate the speed at which they fix the issue
    The LAG on Sarlona is so bad these past few days! So frustrating. Quit after multiple deaths. I think the devs plugged the leak but another one started! Plz help us. Thanks.

Community Member

Yeah, and you trolling valid complaints is sooooo productive, right?

Community Member

Maybe he is a non paid intern or just an forum account in house for DDO. Either way does it matter? All these post on lag and all we get is feedback telling us they are either looking into the issue or assurances that they are committed to constantly improving game play as the situation gets worse.

Let's not let a troll lose site of the thread.

Its either that don't have the money to fix this or they simply don't know how to fix the issue. Which is it?

Community Member

Its either that don't have the money to fix this or they simply don't know how to fix the issue. Which is it?

That's...what the problem is.

They don't know how what to fix yet.

That's how software works, particularly aged spaghetti code.

You don't just go randomly poking around in the code and pushing an update several times a day.

When they know what to fix, have tested fixes, have approved them through internal areas, pushed to live, etc...things may improve.

Have some patience and go play something else in the downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Yeah, and you trolling valid complaints is sooooo productive, right?
    Non-productive comments in a non-productive thread... what's the diff?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Non-productive comments in a non-productive thread... what's the diff?
    Valid complaints aren't hypocrisy.

Complaining that valid complaints won't speed up solving the cause of the complaint is hypocrisy, as complaining about complaints isn't really going to solve the problem either. Some of us have legit complaints, and no pestering in game support with 800 lag reports an hour isn't the best way to report that we don't accept the current state of affairs, as they'll all get closed with no action and the data will be useless, and most of us are too rational to accept an unpaid job as a beta tester for our paid product.

Community Member

I'm glad I'm not getting the same issues as others. This past weekend has for sure been worse, but a typical lag for me lasts for 2 seconds or less this weekend, which usually doesn't cause me much prob.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakehell View Post
    I'm glad I'm not getting the same issues as others. This past weekend has for sure been worse, but a typical lag for me lasts for 2 seconds or less this weekend, which usually doesn't cause me much prob.
    Do you solo a lot or do you run high-level content with a full party of real people?

It is rare for me to see any lag while soloing. What lag I do see is the same you just mentioned, a one or two-second lag, or I rubberband a few paces.

I get a completely different kind of lag when I'm running in a full party. All PC's get stuck in place while the mobs wipe the party.

It is HIGHLY frustrating.

I know that if this situation is not fixed by the time my subscription rolls around, I won't be renewing it.

I refuse to pay good money to play a broken game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite_Prowler View Post
    Do you solo a lot or do you run high-level content with a full party of real people?

It is rare for me to see any lag while soloing. What lag I do see is the same you just mentioned, a one or two-second lag, or I rubberband a few paces.

I get a completely different kind of lag when I'm running in a full party. All PC's get stuck in place while the mobs wipe the party.

It is HIGHLY frustrating.

I know that if this situation is not fixed by the time my subscription rolls around, I won't be renewing it.

I refuse to pay good money to play a broken game.
    It's not just in groups.

My usual solo runs are almost 100% lag free. Up until a week ago or so anyway. But today, today was different. Lag spikes everywhere. In quests, in public zones, in the airship. My patience actually ran out earlier and I ended up closing the game, since I couldn't actually move at all.

Since I know it's not just me with this issue, I'm hoping SSG extends the mimic event, as I was looking forward to clearing some more chests (I want my mimic pet, dammit!), but right now, just opening a chest is risky, as if you get hit by a lag spike as you open it, there's a **** good chance the chest'll be a mimic and kill you while you're frozen (and then count against the mimic limit for that chest).

Of course, I'd like them to prioritise fixing the issue first though.

Here's an idea to help the bug fixing process... Instead of just having tons of posts about how there is horrible lag, maybe some people could actually give some details to the devs so they have at least some idea of what to look into. Simply saying there is rage-quiting lag on (insert name) server, how about something more like this: Last night at around 5pm GMT I was in quest 'A$' with 'x' other players and 'x' hires/pets/dogs, our location was (insert /log info), these aoe spells were going off, these spells were being cast, there were about 'x' mobs, and everyone froze for 45 seconds while still taking damage.

Then the devs may have a place to start looking for the culprits. Trying to fix lag without that basic information is like being told a car in a lot at the airport is acting funny but not being told which car, how it is acting funny, or under what conditions it is acting funny and being expected to fix it because that's you job.

Edit- As Nite_Prowler was kind enough to remind me below, Don't waste time posting the details on forums, include them in your bug report instead.
    Last edited by Buddha5440; 04-06-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Just a thought, but can something like Dungeon Alert be turned off for a test. I'm talking like a 3-6 hour window during peak times, then release the hounds. Record data, concerns then turn back on. If this is the cause, leave it of until fixed. In the mean time a few will zerg til their hearts content but if it doesn't affect my game...my instance I really don't care.

I say this because I have noticed in the explorer zone people with horses are dashing to the quest and leaving the foot slogger to get hung up on Dungeon Alert. While these mobs can be dispatched it does not eliminate the stars/stunned/slow effect. Some even have to kill the game and reload when they start body surfing. This is just what I have noticed in my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesar View Post
    Just a thought, but can something like Dungeon Alert be turned off for a test. I'm talking like a 3-6 hour window during peak times, then release the hounds. Record data, concerns then turn back on. If this is the cause, leave it of until fixed. In the mean time a few will zerg til their hearts content but if it doesn't affect my game...my instance I really don't care.

I say this because I have noticed in the explorer zone people with horses are dashing to the quest and leaving the foot slogger to get hung up on Dungeon Alert. While these mobs can be dispatched it does not eliminate the stars/stunned/slow effect. Some even have to kill the game and reload when they start body surfing. This is just what I have noticed in my game.
    At the very least they should turn off any of the seasonal/temporary "events". I understand HCL is a revenue generating event so my guess is that it is staying regardless, but at the very least disable the anniversary party and mimic event. You can always bring them back once the problem has been isolated.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha5440 View Post
    Here's an idea to help the bug fixing process... Instead of just having tons of posts about how there is horrible lag, maybe some people could actually give some details to the devs so they have at least some idea of what to look into. Simply saying there is rage-quiting lag on (insert name) server, how about something more like this: Last night at around 5pm GMT I was in quest 'A$' with 'x' other players and 'x' hires/pets/dogs, our location was (insert /log info), these aoe spells were going off, these spells were being cast, there were about 'x' mobs, and everyone froze for 45 seconds while still taking damage.

Then the devs may have a place to start looking for the culprits. Trying to fix lag without that basic information is like being told a car in a lot at the airport is acting funny but not being told which car, how it is acting funny, or under what conditions it is acting funny and being expected to fix it because that's you job.
    Turning in a bug report is the thing to do.
    Posting details on the forums is pointless.

Every time I have hit a party wipe lag I turned in a bug report.
    It is time-consuming, but without that information, the devs can't do anything.

We come here to vent our frustrations about this issue. To let SSG know that we are not pleased. If they keep getting people complaining about the same issue, maybe they will get off their hind-quarters and actually DO SOMETHING about it FFS.

Shut the servers down for a few days and do something to resolve this issue. I would gladly welcome a 7-day server-wide shut-down if I thought the game would be playable afterward. At the very least it would let us know that SSG takes this issue seriously, and is willing to take the steps needed to fix the problem. Constantly telling us "we're working on it" while the players never see any kind of improvement only makes the situation worse. Constantly pumping out new (flawed) content is not a good way to keep a strong customer base.

SSG has known about this issue since it started and there has been no change in this very serious problem. People WILL stop paying them for their content if this issue isn't resolved in a timely manner. This has been going on for at least two months with no comment from the devs about any serious effort to resolve the issue.

When they lose half their revenue from people not renewing their subscriptions, then what will they do?

Thanks, forgot to mention the bug report. I do it as force of habit instead of posting on forums.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesar View Post

DA doesnt do anything to cause lag. Its actually there to PREVENT it by discouraging players from training dozens of mobs and aggroing them all.

What causes lag is all those mobs simultaneously trying to chase you and each one needing complicated pathfinding algorithms constantly re-calculating. Turning off DA wont change that, it'll just enable players to increase server load by being able to aggro even more mobs without DA forcing them to slow down and kill some.

If anything, DA should be turned up Harried on Green lol...no skipping anything!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Please don't remind me of Stealthy Repossession. *ugh* *sigh*
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    They don't know how what to fix yet.
    It's time to bring in The Wolf.
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast