Community Member

Default Pet Armor design to make them more relevant for wolves and robodogs.

We are doing a Gatekeepers revamp, which is a druid order, so figured to patch the last major druid hole, which is their pets. This is a pet armor design for wolves and robodogs to make them more relevant in current system. Basically we will make a "War Dog Combat Package" that has relevant stats a dog will need by level. Then just scale those stats by item level. We can just describe it as the War Dog Combat Package level X. Basically it is a pet set of 1 bonus.
    Item level = ILvl = 34 at current cap

Melee Power/Deadly/Accuracy/PRR/MRR/AC/HAmp and RAmp/Fortification = 6x ILvl
    Doublestrike/Intimidate = 3x ILvl
    Saves/Strength/Dex/Con = 2x ILvl
    Int/Wis/Cha/Tactics/Dodge/Blurry = Ilvl
    Speed = ILvl, capping at 30% run/ 15% attack speed
    Deathblock past level 9

A level 34 pet armor could then be designed like:

Cujo's Encasement

War Dog Combat Package level 34
    Vengeful
    Fearsome
    Blood Rage
    Insightful Intimidate +17
    Green Socket
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-05-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Community Member

Sounds like a decent idea, but I'd rather not link it to equipment.

As part of a hireling revamp, just give every hire in the game those benefits by level.
    Let a pet's armor or weapon do something non-stat-related, like Don't Count Me Out, guards, damage procs.

Maybe a drop in some quests with a buff called Warbeast Blessing, increasing their effective level for everything level-related, including those new buffs) by 1-4, depending on whether it's heroic, quest or raid.
    That'd sound unique and worth hunting for while making every hire or pet usable from the start, and without letting the poor skeletons in the closet.

Community Member

There's also a lack of bonuses for the various abilities and skills like trip, intimidate, bluff. The enhancements a pet gets (and the ones available to their master) don't give enough benefit for these to work at higher levels and almost none of the gear available improves these.

Personally I'd like to see a third item a pet can equip to give a little more variety - one that can be crafted from jewelry in the same way that collars can be crafted from handwraps (and a real revamp of pets looking at AI and survivability).

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Sometimes I wonder whether these abilities actually work on pets ... Considering how many bug reports are coming in the course of time because of player character abolities ... and none about collars ... I doubt that anyone is testing if collars on pets are working ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Sometimes I wonder whether these abilities actually work on pets ... Considering how many bug reports are coming in the course of time because of player character abolities ... and none about collars ... I doubt that anyone is testing if collars on pets are working ...
    It's because everyone knows that collars aren't working, so no need for more testing.
    There may be a few item powers that work on collars, but the vast majority do not.

Community Member

LGS Ooze works, or used to work years ago. If I could actually get the pet to survive R7 or so, I would reroll druid just for that.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-06-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    It's because everyone knows that collars aren't working, so no need for more testing.
    There may be a few item powers that work on collars, but the vast majority do not.
    If I was using the same kind of reasoning on player character abilities ... There are abilities everyone know that they aren't working for years correctly (Ki Shout), but still people keep on posting threads about them ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "