Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Update 46 Preview 2: 04/07-04/09

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 1 of Update 46 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the late afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday April 9th.

This preview contains the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Druid - Ghost pack will no longer make players in wolf form untargetable to other players
    • Paladins no longer gain the benefits of T4 Vigor of Life without training the enhancement first.
    • Paladin: Righteous Command now requires level 2 paladin spell components.
    • Sanctified Vial works with the described level prerequisites.
    • Divine characters with Beloved of the Divine and wielding an Exoctic Favored Weapon were getting +3 to hit and damage when they should have gotten +1. This has been corrected.
    • Divine characters with Beloved of the Divine and wielding a Simple Favored Weapon were getting +1 to hit and damage when they should have gotten +3. This has been corrected.
    • Sinister Chill now procs more reliably on Poison spells
    • Fixed Typos in the following locations:
      • Druid: Nature's Warrior: Ghost Wolf Pack
      • Cleric: Radiant Servant: Pacifism
      • Max level chat message

Items
    • Sandstorm Glasses no longer drop with Wrist Mythic Boost, and now properly drop with Goggles Mythic Boost.
    • Bracers of the Demon's Consort no longer drop with Goggles Mythic Boost, and now properly drop with Wrist Mythic Boost.
    • Sentient XP stones are now able to be looted from chests more reliably, and are less likely to get stuck in your inventory.
    • Fixed typos in "Proof Against Poison" item effects.
    • Deprecated items will now automatically be cleaned out of bags.
    • Some items from Keep on the Borderlands have more appropriate material types

Quests
    • The majority of Gatekeeper NPC's have moved to the "Gatekeepers Grove" which can be reached via the Stormreach Harbor. This includes all of the following:
      • "Zarnoth the Vigilant" Gatekeeper Favor NPC
      • "Varron Tertius" the Schism Shard Collector
      • The questgivers (and quest entrances) for all of the following quests:
        • The Temple of Elemental Evil Part One
        • The Temple of Elemental Evil Part One
        • Tavern Brawl
        • Slave Pits of the Undercity
        • Secret of the Slavers' Stockade
        • Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords
        • White Plume Mountain
      • Teleport NPC's to the following locations:
        • "Uthor Granth" Teleport NPC to the "Trials of the Archons" questgivers
        • "Surna Garnok" Teleport NPC to "The Devil's Gambit" questgivers
        • "Norogorn Thaq" Teleport NPC to the "White Plume Mountain and Other Tales" questgivers

• The Slayer, Explorer and Rare quests for the Cerulean Hills now have their CRs set to the correct value for the landscape: 3.
    • Fixed a logic issue in "Raven's Bane" that may have prevented Baba Lysaga's hut from opening correctly in some cases.
    • Korthos: Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a player to not be informed that they should enter the tavern in Korthos after helping Baldar and Linus.
    • Korthos: Sacrifices: The underwater section has been adjusted to provide a function for the gates, levers, and doors that previously did nothing.
    • Korthos: Redemption: A waypoint to enter the final battle of the quest Redemption has been added for when the barriers would normally prevent entry.
    • Wheloon: Thrill of the Hunt: Some erroneous cosmetic changes have been reverted.
    • All Epic xp rewards for Catacombat quest increased significantly.
    • Epic xp for The Mystery of Delera's Tomb and Free Delera Increased significantly.
    • Fixed Typos in the following locations:
      • The Deal and the Demon
      • Mask of Deception
      • Patriarch's Crypt
      • Prison of the Planes
      • Catacombs Human Zombies
      • Under the Big Top

UI
    • The Inventory Details drop down tab now properly displays the Crit Multiplier of your equipped weapons.

Miscellaneous
    • Changes have been made to the physics system related to performance issues.
    • Death Watches You Cosmetic should now display properly on all races.
    • Fixed a problem with many secret doors that made them too easy to spot, to the point of your Spot skill not mattering at all. Their Search DCs are not affected. These doors Spot DCs will now scale with level and difficulty, as inteded, and their Spot DC values will be 5 below their Search DCs. This bug only affected doors, not traps or control panels.
    • An otherworldly hut has appeared in the Stormreach Harbor.
    • There is now a moving platform elevator from the docks in the Stormreach Harbor up the cliffside.

Known Issues
    • N/A
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 04-07-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Might be better to have the second color a bit brighter. Dark red is hard to read against a dark background.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

So have I just not been paying attention or is the "Associate Producer" title new? Either way congrats!

Edit: I just haven't been paying attention.
    Last edited by Krelar; 04-03-2020 at 11:01 PM.

Community Member

Hey Cocomajobo, what's up with Lynabelle? She's usually very present in the named items thread but hasn't posted in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully just on leave rather than suffering from coronavirus!

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Hey Cocomajobo, what's up with Lynabelle? She's usually very present in the named items thread but hasn't posted in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully just on leave rather than suffering from coronavirus!
    I tend to just let the players converse amongst themselves when I'm not needed. I don't want to stifle feedback by being too present - but when I see cool suggestions I do try to let the player know that I'm thankful :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Hey Lynn, if you have time to look at previous release... epic linen wraps, 3 effects...

Community Member

Has anything Righteous Command yet? Before it was stuck at 15min duration instead of 25, used a level 4 component and cost the same as a level 4 spell (25sp). Also extend spell didn't work with it either though it works with the other Paladin self cast buffs.
    Illustration of a Gnome Inquisitive!

The boots are disappointing. INT and repair in a boot slot? Too valuable to waste on putting it there, especially with raid boots, and the set piece.
    That's been a huge issue over the last few updates, the gear's getting clunky with "random" stuff just thrown on, and little lateral synergy anymore.

No new weapon types in, well... forever, grossly over-niched gear, random stats on equipment that make zero sense. It's like the Dartboard of Planning gained a level.
    I mean, it's nice you put stuff in there for all those evasion-trip DC-paladin/necromancer left-handed-three-toed builds, but how about gear for the average person.
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I tend to just let the players converse amongst themselves when I'm not needed. I don't want to stifle feedback by being too present - but when I see cool suggestions I do try to let the player know that I'm thankful
    Ahhh so we've not been presenting any cool suggestions!

Anyways glad to know you're alive and well.

I’ve got a better idea...FIX THE GAME CRUSHING LAG INSTEAD OF PUSHING OUT NEW CONTENT!!!

I’m not renewing my subscription unless you address that.

Community Member

Hey Lynnabel,

Since the other thread on loot is closed:

There are 45 Items that give insightful evocation spread +1 thru +4
    There are 17 Items that give insightful Necromancy spread +1 thru +4
    There are 11 Items that give insightful Enchantment spread +1,2,4, and a 5
    There are 5 Items that insightful Illusion (+ 2, and +4)
    There are 3 Items that insightful Conjuration (+ 1, + 2, and +4)

There is one item in game that gives insightful Transmutation: (ML10) +2

Can us peeps looking to play Alchemists get a little more love?
    Last edited by scut207; 04-06-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Sarlona: Thrundrack, Fizzix, Swyft______(alts x20)

Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    That's been a huge issue over the last few updates, the gear's getting clunky with "random" stuff just thrown on, and little lateral synergy anymore.
    As I understand it this is a design decision, ever since they split up sheltering into physical and magical sheltering. They do not want us to get everything easily.

So gearing your character has gone from fun, rewarding and satisfying to annoying and frustrating. Not a good change imo. but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    As I understand it this is a design decision, ever since they split up sheltering into physical and magical sheltering. They do not want us to get everything easily.

So gearing your character has gone from fun, rewarding and satisfying to annoying and frustrating. Not a good change imo. but it is what it is
    Maybe frustrating to you. To other's it's part of what makes the game fun. The game's always been about managing small benefits to make something great (e.g. class splits, ap splits). Adding items to that just makes it one more step in build planning. You don't need a perfect item build, just like you don't need a perfect class split. But optimizing is part of the fun for those of us who want optimal performance.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Lamannia client updating...
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Server's still closed tho.

FASTER!!! MUSH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Client was available to update yesterday
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 45, 48, 21, 36, 115. EvilOzz 37, 48, 9, 34, 93. Ozzistheworst 37, 33, 14, 1, 28. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Default Preview Open!

Preview 2 is now open! OP has been updated with release notes.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by AstorPotamus View Post
    I’ve got a better idea...FIX THE GAME CRUSHING LAG INSTEAD OF PUSHING OUT NEW CONTENT!!!

I’m not renewing my subscription unless you address that.
    This preview contains changes to the games physics systems meant to reduce some performance issues. It this preview does not produce any unintended ripple effects we will be moving forward with deploying those changes to live as soon as possible in our continued work at attempting to resolve the current performance issues being experienced on live servers.

Divine characters with Beloved of the Divine and wielding a Simple Favored Weapon were getting +1 to hit and damage when they should have gotten +3. This has been corrected.

I knew it!!!!! I'm not CRAZY!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Hey Lynn, if you have time to look at previous release... epic linen wraps, 3 effects...
    Finally figured out what's up with these. Fixed internally, will be in u46.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast