Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Community Member Fenix93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    278

    Angry SSG You made it impossible to unlock free the Falconry universal tree!

    I spent almost the whole afternoon trying to do the Twilight forge I had also done a part and I banged to make the person flutter but the haste and nervousness made me lose my patience ... not only did we have to redo the first part ... but I was not able to be there for the completion because for me it was too late that I had to have dinner ... so after dinner I relocated and I found myself out of the raid ... rough ... and FRUSTRATING! this raid is too essential to unlock the falconry tree ... you did it on purpose so people are forced to buy it from the shop ... but I prefer to buy quest packs than universal trees! SSG you hate your players and want to make life impossible in order to make money, I don't say you have to give us things but at least make life less frustrating ... already and tiring to do these in Rentless isles, however, the raid never does it almost nobody because it is a long boring and confusing cabbage raid, many will not agree with me but I say that this raid is an insult to the players' intelligence and a waste of time and mental status, who did this raid he had to be really ****ed at the whole world and he wanted to make players crazy.

    so I hope that among your future plans there will be a rework of rentles isles or of adding free argents alternative quests to compensate for those 30-12 points that are needed to reach 700 favors because this is impossible and frustrating.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"


  2. #2
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    I spent almost the whole afternoon trying to do the Twilight forge I had also done a part and I banged to make the person flutter but the haste and nervousness made me lose my patience ... not only did we have to redo the first part ... but I was not able to be there for the completion because for me it was too late that I had to have dinner ... so after dinner I relocated and I found myself out of the raid ... rough ... and FRUSTRATING! this raid is too essential to unlock the falconry tree ... you did it on purpose so people are forced to buy it from the shop ... but I prefer to buy quest packs than universal trees! SSG you hate your players and want to make life impossible in order to make money, I don't say you have to give us things but at least make life less frustrating ... already and tiring to do these in Rentless isles, however, the raid never does it almost nobody because it is a long boring and confusing cabbage raid, many will not agree with me but I say that this raid is an insult to the players' intelligence and a waste of time and mental status, who did this raid he had to be really ****ed at the whole world and he wanted to make players crazy.

    so I hope that among your future plans there will be a rework of rentles isles or of adding free argents alternative quests to compensate for those 30-12 points that are needed to reach 700 favors because this is impossible and frustrating.
    Erm…
    you didn't get the favour because you had to eat dinner.
    And that is SSGs fault?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  3. #3
    Community Member Fenix93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Erm…
    you didn't get the favour because you had to eat dinner.
    And that is SSGs fault?
    I'm just saying it's frustrating not being able to make content that nobody wants to do but that are needed to unlock a branch that's what makes me angry
    "It's time for epic adventures!"


  4. #4
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    I spent almost the whole afternoon trying to do the Twilight forge I had also done a part and I banged to make the person flutter but the haste and nervousness made me lose my patience ... not only did we have to redo the first part ... but I was not able to be there for the completion because for me it was too late that I had to have dinner ... so after dinner I relocated and I found myself out of the raid ... rough ... and FRUSTRATING! this raid is too essential to unlock the falconry tree ... you did it on purpose so people are forced to buy it from the shop ... but I prefer to buy quest packs than universal trees! SSG you hate your players and want to make life impossible in order to make money, I don't say you have to give us things but at least make life less frustrating ... already and tiring to do these in Rentless isles, however, the raid never does it almost nobody because it is a long boring and confusing cabbage raid, many will not agree with me but I say that this raid is an insult to the players' intelligence and a waste of time and mental status, who did this raid he had to be really ****ed at the whole world and he wanted to make players crazy.

    so I hope that among your future plans there will be a rework of rentles isles or of adding free argents alternative quests to compensate for those 30-12 points that are needed to reach 700 favors because this is impossible and frustrating.
    This has happened to me, time and time again. Whenever I don't do a quest, I don't get credit for it. It's really frustrating, and I'm sure they do it on purpose. This one time I went on vacation for a week, and when I came back; would you believe I was at the same place I was when I logged off! Literally same xp, same favor. Not even an extra copper coin. Ridiculous. They need to do something about this!

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Ugh! If only there were a system in which, by playing, we get small but regular rewards. Just a shot in the dark, but I think "points" are an apt term for such a concept. These "dungeons and dragons online points" could be used in an integrated bazaar (or maybe just "store"? idk) where various monetary perks were available at achievable point values...

    500 points = 2000 favor = less than a heroic life. I believe in you

  6. #6
    Community Member Buddha5440's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    Ugh! If only there were a system in which, by playing, we get small but regular rewards. Just a shot in the dark, but I think "points" are an apt term for such a concept. These "dungeons and dragons online points" could be used in an integrated bazaar (or maybe just "store"? idk) where various monetary perks were available at achievable point values...

    500 points = 2000 favor = less than a heroic life. I believe in you
    Nah, that would take too long. Just start everyone in a room where they can select any/all feats, items, quest packs, race, class, enhancement tree, epic destinies, and set their desired amount of plat/AS and experience. Then SSG will have the money rolling in and this business (yes it is a business and hence must profit to survive) and this game will last forever.

    *sarcasm off*

    Seriously, just enjoy the free access to every quest/expansion and stay healthy.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    551

    Default

    You do not need that raid to get the falcon-tree via Patron... do the math again and come back.
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h
    DDO Anthem.


  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    500 points = 2000 favor = less than a heroic life. I believe in you
    ^this. It's often much easier to get just get points naturally leveling than trying to grind out other stuff.

  9. #9
    Community Member Buddha5440's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    You do not need that raid to get the falcon-tree via Patron... do the math again and come back.
    On this you are wrong. Free agents have a total of 723 favor (of which 48 are from Twilight Forge and Titan raids, so 675 max favor non raid) and Falconry tree is awarded at 700 favor. You must run Twilight Forge to access Titan and need 25 favor between the two of them (HE forge and HN Titan or some other combo) to reach 700 with every other Free agent quest done on HE (EE in the case of Precious Cargo).
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    551

    Default

    I unlocked the falcon some time ago doinf everythig except just the final bugged raid (we used to 3-4 man run it in the past but failed 3 times in a row wtih 2000% better characters-- but if SSG changed the actual points neeeded to unlock falcon than I was wrong..... it used to be everthing but just the titan-final raid..

    on the other hand falcon free that was really that super awesome some updates ago isnt all that anymore......so u might end up with a better build withut the access...
    Last edited by LavidDynch; 03-27-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h
    DDO Anthem.


  11. #11
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,328

    Default

    Solo Walkthrough and extensive Guide

    Watch it in any case, because it is awesome.

    Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  12. #12

    Default

    Almost all free agent quests are....free.

    This is a joke post, right?
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

  13. #13
    Community Member Gniewomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    aaaa
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    I'm just saying it's frustrating not being able to make content that nobody wants to do but that are needed to unlock a branch that's what makes me angry
    And i love it. Not a sarcasm, not trying to mock you, i really do. All those complicated raids/quests that noone wants to run that require more knowledege/brain usage/coordinaton/solving puzzles than just dps (and probably thats the reason why noone wants to run them) are in my opinion best in ddo. Actually this one is the one of very few quests/raids that do not insult players intelligenece. Most of them are designed for halfwits. And the fact that they're actually needed for something and some people will have to host them and run them (and it also means i'll have someone to run with) are one of few things i consider good for ddo. In the same way i would love to see almost all current sagas deleted, so far they're only used to sell newest content, and new ones, based on old, almost always skipped quests, should be introduced.

    Honestly, at some point i was going to support you. If i understood correctly you spend a lot of time trying to fill it and thats the issue here. The low population, the dozens of adventure packs (so there's literally 0 reason to buy some of them, you'll have enough xp without them and better gear in other ones), the fact that people do not like stuff that demands thinking - those are the real problems here. And lack of knowledge - 2 people who do know the raid and can lead the others and you can finish preraid in 20 min. But after i read you consider this raid confusing, boring, insult to intelligence, trying to drive people crazy... Sorry, but since i read it for me you sounds like someone who never really bothered about learining it and you just want free stuff (by free i mean running something that do not require any intelligence, just like most of the quests: step in, kill everything, done). And this attitude and exaggerating is not something im gonna support. Anyway, im wholeheartedly against any changes here other than merging servers (and fixing lags).
    Last edited by Gniewomir; 03-28-2020 at 12:50 AM.

  14. #14
    Community Member Fenix93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    278

    Unhappy Hear apologies to everyone...

    Ok the other day a person on channit who was with me for "Wilight Forge" told me that the titan is not necessary to unlock the falconer, thus reaching 705 total favors (All 3BC quest - Cargo aslwell, all Arsbringher of Madness, all ftp Quest and Sand) looking on the wiky then the riddles of the raid are not difficult (the underwater one I have no idea how to do it so I don't know), even Rentless isless in itself is not difficult after you take the map ... for this I would like to apologize for my outburst as usual I speak always reflect ... I don't want to blame anyone ... but if we want to be honest for me the DDO wiky is wrong in saying that 725 points are needed for the Free Argents and that the titan is not necessary, even the descriptions of some quantities of favor received in an elite quest of Free argents is a bit wrong or dated and must be updated, to make people a little clearer and not frighten them ... basically the Falconry tree and feasible, the only difficulty perhaps and for the forge quest that requires a bit of coordination and having the wiky in hand.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"


  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    Ok the other day a person on channit who was with me for "Wilight Forge" told me that the titan is not necessary to unlock the falconer, thus reaching 705 total favors (All 3BC quest - Cargo aslwell, all Arsbringher of Madness, all ftp Quest and Sand) looking on the wiky then the riddles of the raid are not difficult (the underwater one I have no idea how to do it so I don't know), even Rentless isless in itself is not difficult after you take the map ... for this I would like to apologize for my outburst as usual I speak always reflect ... I don't want to blame anyone ... but if we want to be honest for me the DDO wiky is wrong in saying that 725 points are needed for the Free Argents and that the titan is not necessary, even the descriptions of some quantities of favor received in an elite quest of Free argents is a bit wrong or dated and must be updated, to make people a little clearer and not frighten them ... basically the Falconry tree and feasible, the only difficulty perhaps and for the forge quest that requires a bit of coordination and having the wiky in hand.
    I did the same misstake as you and tried for several days to get guys and gals of various IQ to complete it -- it turned out I was on the lower end of that bell curve. The end raid -- the actual Titan fight isn´t needed for the favor-points...

    somehow I find this song fitting....
    Last edited by LavidDynch; 03-28-2020 at 07:30 PM.
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h
    DDO Anthem.


  16. #16
    Community Member Gniewomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    aaaa
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    =but if we want to be honest for me the DDO wiky is wrong in saying that 725 points are needed for the Free Argents.
    As far as i know wiki says 723 is max favor available for free agents and nothing else. If you'll look at both: category favor and description on free agents favor both says: 700 Favor: Champion of Stormreach
    Capshaw the Crier: As a small token of our thanks, we shall have our allies instruct you on how to use all manners of birds to assist you in your fight to keep the city safe. You now have access to the Falconry enhancements tree.

    Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    The end raid -- the actual Titan fight isn´t needed for the favor-points...]
    But if you're not running for xp it's also the easiest part. One player above lvl 20 in fury ed and good dps and titan fight takes like 10 seconds (altough i hope they'll fix it one day).

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    As far as i know wiki says 723 is max favor available for free agents and nothing else. If you'll look at both: category favor and description on free agents favor both says: 700 Favor: Champion of Stormreach
    Capshaw the Crier: As a small token of our thanks, we shall have our allies instruct you on how to use all manners of birds to assist you in your fight to keep the city safe. You now have access to the Falconry enhancements tree.



    But if you're not running for xp it's also the easiest part. One player above lvl 20 in fury ed and good dps and titan fight takes like 10 seconds (altough i hope they'll fix it one day).
    True also any form of untyped DPS will do wonders . but problem arises when you do not have a build like that. The tries we did the pillars was dropping in random directions. TLR As long as they dont waste time to make this raid epic Im fine as it is....
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h
    DDO Anthem.


  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,263

    Default

    All the OP's specifics aside, he does raise a good point...

    It'd be nice if they added in a few more Free Agents quests to make unlocking Falcon a little more accessible, especially to those who cant complete the raid, or Precious Cargo EE - which is an annoying quest even on lower difficulties.

    They did it for Inqui after all - it originally required almost a full Elite clear of Sharn (which, admittedly, was already pretty easy since you could just do it HE with a L30 char), but then they added Soul Splitter which made it so you could just do mostly Hard completions and get enough even with a first-life at-level char.

    Considering how many packs it requires you to own already (aside from the free for all right now), I dont see why Falconry couldnt be comparably accessible.

  19. #19
    Community Member Gniewomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    aaaa
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    It'd be nice if they added in a few more Free Agents quests to make unlocking Falcon a little more accessible, especially to those who cant complete the raid, or Precious Cargo EE - which is an annoying quest even on lower difficulties.

    They did it for Inqui after all - it originally required almost a full Elite clear of Sharn (which, admittedly, was already pretty easy since you could just do it HE with a L30 char), but then they added Soul Splitter which made it so you could just do mostly Hard completions and get enough even with a first-life at-level char..
    What if it's actually the reason why they made requirements for falconry so high?

    I remember when they added +5 tomes for 5k favor. You had to run literally everything, including most of the challanges to unlock it. Now we've got max favor like 6.5k, you can skip a lot of quests and still unlock it. And like you said the same happened for inqui, after some time more favor was added. We don't know their plans, there's a chance that sooner or later max free agents favor will be 800 or even more (tho i dont think it'll happen soon, there's a lot of patrons and i would not be suprised if new one will be introduced with next expansion).

  20. #20
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    We already know they're planning on doing Legendary Titan this year, and who knows what that'll look like or whether they plan to add some more Restless Isles quests as part of that whole dealio.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload