Default Returning Player Question about all of my STUFF

Hello everyone. I am coming in hot on some laid off action with nothing but time to return to my favorite mmo. I hopped on, started a new toon and am having a great time (I am also ISO a guild on Argonnessen). Then I logged into my old toon and started looking through my bank and uhhhhhhh, y'all I have SO MUCH STUFF. Like high level stuff, like stuff that I spent hours and hours farming for, piles and piles and piles of scrolls and wands and pots and named weapons and armor and accessories that I don't even know what to do....

Should I dump it all in a vendor? Try to auction some of it? Is any of it even relevant anymore?
    the tidy lass your mother warned you about

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    Hello everyone. I am coming in hot on some laid off action with nothing but time to return to my favorite mmo. I hopped on, started a new toon and am having a great time (I am also ISO a guild on Argonnessen). Then I logged into my old toon and started looking through my bank and uhhhhhhh, y'all I have SO MUCH STUFF. Like high level stuff, like stuff that I spent hours and hours farming for, piles and piles and piles of scrolls and wands and pots and named weapons and armor and accessories that I don't even know what to do....

Should I dump it all in a vendor? Try to auction some of it? Is any of it even relevant anymore?
    So, there's this new(-ish) thing called Sentient Weapons. You level up your Sentient Weapon to make it more powerful by feeding it named items. So don't vendor any named items, especially those ML 21+, feed them to a sentient weapon instead.

If you don't already have one, you need an eligible base ML20 or higher named weapon (most are eligible, a few are not, it will say so near the top of the description), and a "sentient jewel". There are several ways to get various sentient jewels, but everyone can get a free one by using DDO Store code HAPPY14. You put the jewel in the weapon, then feed the named items to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

It really depends for scrolls and wands - DDoor is still valuable. Just depends on what you have and how much.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12 - -13- -14! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

I would say if you are vip / have access to shared bank... make bank toons to just hold the stuff until you figure out what you want to do.... and only sell off stuff when the space is getting limited... you never know.

Even "outdated" gear is "good enough" unless you are doing high end stuff...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Just save it.. and maybe you want to destroy the named loot by feeding it to a Sentient Jewel to level it up sometimes.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Some older stuff has abilities which aren't there anymore in "modern DDO". For example random items with a "Lionheart" effect, or "unstablibilty" or how it is called, or "mainimg" ... So be careful and try to check via the Wiki what might still be useful and what's not here anymore-

Some items might even be so rare that keeping them is still recommended, like the "Visor of the Flesh Render Guards".

By the way, some event items have changed as well. Crystal Cove, for example, abilities were removed and new ones added ...
    Your old item might still have useful abilities ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post

post your screen name for a guild invite.

Quote Originally Posted by archest View Post
    post your screen name for a guild invite.
    Malvana Swifthand

Thanks!
    the tidy lass your mother warned you about