Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    The lag is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Ignore most of the "many threads", as they grossly exaggerate the scope of the problem.
    It is much worse than it was.
    that's my experience.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

I recognize many of the posters suggesting that lag is worse as being from Orien. Orien is the default server right now, and when DDO went free to play on all content, it easily doubled our population. Probably much more so. The Who panel tells the story. The server is getting a wee bit crushed right now. There really wasn't a ton of lag before this, but now it is stand still Mabar spectral dragon kind of lag once in a while. Anyone saying there isn't lag is not on Orien.

I don't want the default changed, I want a c5.9xlarge for Orien. Or maybe a 24! :-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    It is much worse than it was. That's my experience.
    Oh I agree. I said as much but it got deleted.

I was normally getting some rubber band lag about once a month - you move 3 steps forward, you reset back to where you were, move 3 steps, reset, etc - lasted maybe 30 secs.

This month? I'm getting "stuck in the ground" lag about 3 times per day, and it lasts for a long minute or more.

But so far this month, it's only adversely affected one encounter, and I just spammed heals on our tank till the lag monster left. He survived.

===

A few hours ago Cocomajobo posted that they are on top of this latest infestation and working to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo
    We have identified some likely culprits of the recent extreme issues you all are experiencing. We are working on fixes for them currently and have tentatively scheduled to get those out to the live servers early next week. I'll keep you all updated on if that timeline needs to change based on unforeseen complications.
    I don't know what SSG's situation is, but be aware most companies are closed or teleworking with minimal staff. Try to be more patient than normal, as we are still in abnormal times.
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 03-26-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Community Member

Default Thank you all!

Thank you all for taking the time to share your experiences, I have read them all as has the friend who was considering returning with me.

Also thank you to Cordovan for cleaning the thread instead of locking it, I appreciate that that's more work for you, but it's much more useful in this state than either the "locked" or the "toxic" version. Thank you. And thanks to SSG for opening up all content for April, I think that was a great idea and suggest you consider a "free content week" twice a year or something, similar to what HBO does. It would be a great marketing strategy.

Based on your feedback I'm going to try it, probably on off-peak hours and maybe on Wayfinder. Maybe I'll be able to rope in a family member to join me. Maybe try for a mount if it's fairly quick, or just explore Sharn a bit.

Sadly no other member of my PnP group is returning, the one friend who was considering it decided he'd rather focus on the game we're currently playing, so I may be pugging after all.

Peace and health to you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Games which not only allow, but embrace players playing differently in their own game space, succeed far more often, as well as succeed in far higher measurable degree, than those which force players into playing a specific way.

Community Member

I only solo and I get bad lag too often. Too often to me is experiencing anything resembling unplayable even once during a gaming session. Unplayable means I can't play the game, ie I can't move or attack etc. I can't imagine how bad it gets with 6 man groups or even raids. So while I've never experienced a lag raid wipe, I can certainly believe these happen due to what I've experienced solo.

When the game runs well, even with some changes I don't agree with, it's still fun. THF is a blast now, a very welcome and appreciated change.

Community Member

Default That didn't go well

LOL, that went badly :-(

So I got a couple of family members to log in with me and check out Keep on the Borderland, thinking to see how fast horse feathers drop, and now we're all locked in limbo.

Lag on the airship was moderate, but we went ahead and entered Keep, and we all stuck on the loading screen.

We logged out and back in, if we select that character it says Loading and gets to 100% and hangs there.

If we select a different character, we can get in, but if we go out and back in to the Keep character, it loads to 100% and freezes again.

Reboot does not help.

I guess there's still some work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Games which not only allow, but embrace players playing differently in their own game space, succeed far more often, as well as succeed in far higher measurable degree, than those which force players into playing a specific way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12