Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 109

Thread: Lag issues

  1. #81
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Had to abandon a Von5/6 run yesterday. Because of crippling lag. I jokingly put come die in the lag in the LFM. Well I don't disappoint. Some of us died, the rest of us dc'd after a 10 min lagfest.

    What can SSG do about the lag probably nothing much. The internet infrastructure is being stress tested as a whole. SSG can beef up the servers for more traffic but the isp speeds will be out of their control. I would actually plan on isp's to continue to slow speeds as the quarantine continues.

    It's about continuity now not your comfort.
    Last edited by Dnarth; 03-28-2020 at 01:28 PM.

  2. #82
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    Had to abandon a Von5/6 run yesterday. Because of crippling lag. I jokingly put come die in the lag in the LFM. Well I don't disappoint. Some of us died, the rest of us dc'd after a 10 min lagfest.

    What can SSG do about the lag probably nothing much. The internet infrastructure is being stress tested as a whole. SSG can beef up the servers for more traffic but the isp speeds will be out of their control. I would actually plan on isp's to continue to slow speeds as the quarantine continues.

    It's about continuity now not your comfort.
    It is maybe not a bad assumption that you think the internet infrastructure is now "stress-tested" but I can not report performance issues of any kind for my system and ISP.
    I think it is more likely that the SSG servers are stress-tested and cannot bear much more players.
    Of course in your case, it is possible that your ISP is overloaded, you should check your server status display if it reports you unusual latency and packet loss.
    If not it is also more likely for you that it is just the SSG server that has currently problems and not the internet infrastructure.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  3. #83
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    It is maybe not a bad assumption that you think the internet infrastructure is now "stress-tested" but I can not report performance issues of any kind for my system and ISP.
    I think it is more likely that the SSG servers are stress-tested and cannot bear much more players.
    Of course in your case, it is possible that your ISP is overloaded, you should check your server status display if it reports you unusual latency and packet loss.
    If not it is also more likely for you that it is just the SSG server that has currently problems and not the internet infrastructure.

    LOL welcome to the US Federal protocols for roll out of Nation wide nation disaster. The shadow government is in contact with essential infrastructure. This was all written in white papers 20 years ago.

  4. #84
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Kind of a big deal: when big, the hall after the cavern with water is a notorious lag spot.

    A Sharn welcome is really bad, especially on reaper.I suspect for similar reasons to what made the old multi-layer Shavrath quests. It is not uncommon to get caught in minutes-long lag lock in here. (Today on Hard Core, we lost 3 level 29s to this. Could not move for several minutes)

    House of death undone, isn't lag, but Dungeon alert always triggers as soon as the final battle begins--not cool.
    Cilon can be found on Orien.
    Died 9ish times on HC2. Was best known there as Ransack and Carnage (they lasted the longest).

  5. #85
    The Hatchery Aurora1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    I'm not one to usually complain about lag although I do get some it's usually not that bad. The last week or so has been awful though. I just quit because of a particularly bad dose.

    I was recalling from the ravenloft tavern to house J, game took ages to load, probably 2 mins or so when usually it would be 5-10 seconds.

    When I loaded into house J I couldn't move for about 2 more mins. Then trying to run towards the teleported I had really bad lag/ rubber banding. It took me another 1 min or so to get to the teleporter. I logged out, which took about 1 min, instead of the usual few seconds.

    I logged back in which seemed quick as normal I ran a short distance, to about level with the shop next to the teleporter and the lag kicked in again. It took me about 4 mins to get up the hill to the mail box, again stuttering lag and rubber banding. I have checked my internet and everything seems fine, just logged into Ark: survival evolved and connection with public server seems fine so I don't think the issue is my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

  6. #86
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    Had to abandon a Von5/6 run yesterday. Because of crippling lag. I jokingly put come die in the lag in the LFM. Well I don't disappoint. Some of us died, the rest of us dc'd after a 10 min lagfest.

    What can SSG do about the lag probably nothing much. The internet infrastructure is being stress tested as a whole. SSG can beef up the servers for more traffic but the isp speeds will be out of their control. I would actually plan on isp's to continue to slow speeds as the quarantine continues.

    It's about continuity now not your comfort.
    I'ts not the internet infrastructure, I happen to live on top of the East coast backbone with a fiber connection that's a few miles up the road to the a major provider. Not only that but the area I live in has dozens of datacenters, like there are literally more computers then people in this county and 1000Mbps up / down is cheap.

    This is from me to about where the DDO servers at (I'm guesstimating since I don't know exactly) though the point distance is about right.



    This is to two diffrent providers in the area.





    DDO itself use's very little bandwidth, it's measured in the kbps per connection. Yet we're frequently experiencing server wide freezing where everyone just pauses. We know it's server wide because whenever it happens we can hear our guild-mates complaining about it even though in completely different content.
    Illustration of a Gnome Inquisitive!


  7. #87

    Thumbs down Insane lag rn, Orien's dying.

    OMG, it is impossible to raid at peak hours.

    As soon as we start focusing on Boss DPS, instance starts choking up and people are lag frozen till a everyone is dead.
    After raising everyone and trying to DPS the Boss again, it starts choking up EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
    It doesn't matter if it's the last Boss in the room, lag will still freeze players. It happens consistently in every raid too. Both sad and hilarious.

    I'm aware that's its exacerbated by number of players in general b/c there are several public instances that are Lagging like crazy as well.
    One guildie couldn't make it to raids today b/c he was stuck in loading screen going from 1 public area to another and couldn't get back into the game at all.
    DDO's favorite "cleaning up old connection" bug. So nice.

    I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

  8. #88
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    313

    Default

    https://downdetector.com/

    Dare I say it. We should be lucky DDO is still up. even with the lag. Speed tests are cute for a snapshot. Lag is rolling like a blackout.

  9. #89
    Community Member vegabond1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    https://downdetector.com/

    Dare I say it. We should be lucky DDO is still up. even with the lag. Speed tests are cute for a snapshot. Lag is rolling like a blackout.
    That link is irrelevant for DDO, it's not listed in their sites, **** they list Paragon and that game is shut down.

  10. #90
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    551

    Default

    When I play other games and people complain about lag I know they haven´t they havent reallly tried DDO. DDO is a lag fiesta. No idea why this game lags so much when all other games I´ve tried, doesnt lag at all...


    serveral years later and the game still looks like this old video of mine..

    Last edited by LavidDynch; 03-28-2020 at 08:20 PM.
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h
    DDO Anthem.


  11. #91
    Community Member Paladin_of_Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Lag wiped a Baba raid on Orien tonight. Once we got to the shadows the lag got progressively worse. By third totem we wiped and released. Very bad froze , rubber band. This doesn’t look good for you SSG.

  12. #92
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    When I play other games and people complain about lag I know they haven´t they havent reallly tried DDO. DDO is a lag fiesta. No idea why this game lags so much when all other games I´ve tried, doesnt lag at all...


    serveral years later and the game still looks like this old video of mine..
    Because in other games when there was crippling lag that made a game unplayable, it was all hands on deck to solve it ASAP. In fact part of the QA process was to stress test a build prior to release into production precisely to prevent freezes and other incidents that tarnish the brand. If a development managed had allowed crippling lag to exist for more then a few weeks they would of been removed and replaced by someone who values the companies brand image. DDO has had crippling lag issues for years and it's always been papered over and hand waived. Now that more people are playing the same problems that have existed all this have are happening to everyone.

    All future development needs to be put on hold until the root cause has been identified and remediated. The fact that monsters are still 100% fully functional tells us this isn't server resource related.
    Illustration of a Gnome Inquisitive!


  13. #93
    Community Member White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    96

    Default

    best news i've heard in a long time.
    Prettypuppy

    Katapult Kittens
    G h a l l a n d a

  14. #94
    Community Member Knightrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicky-G
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Love DDO but it has gotten progressively worse with the lag. It's completely unplayable at times. I just can't waste my time watching my character freeze and die non-stop. Do we know if something is being done?
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."

    The Burning Hand ~ Sarlona
    (\/)annaz ~ (\/)annox ~ (\/)anny ~ (\/)annfred

  15. #95
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by palladin9479 View Post
    Because in other games when there was crippling lag that made a game unplayable, it was all hands on deck to solve it ASAP. In fact part of the QA process was to stress test a build prior to release into production precisely to prevent freezes and other incidents that tarnish the brand. If a development managed had allowed crippling lag to exist for more then a few weeks they would of been removed and replaced by someone who values the companies brand image. DDO has had crippling lag issues for years and it's always been papered over and hand waived. Now that more people are playing the same problems that have existed all this have are happening to everyone.
    I dont see that extreme even I can also not tell you are wrong, in fact, we dont know who is responsible and what the root source for this lag is, not even the SSG developers know it for sure, they have just some possible culprits.

    Quote Originally Posted by palladin9479 View Post
    All future development needs to be put on hold until the root cause has been identified and remediated. The fact that monsters are still 100% fully functional tells us this isn't server resource related.
    your logic is flawed
    But seriously, my logic tells me that if the server lags badly the monster AI calculations well be still done, slowly but they will be calculated.
    While the players' input is not anymore accepted or fits not to the situation because it is time-shifted.
    The result is that the monsters get their things slowly done (attacking, damaging and maybe killing the player) while the players' character gets no commands from the player and does nothing.
    The reason for that is very well server overload but the question is what is the reason for that? Is it because the servers have not enough performance or is the software code flawed? my assumption is there serious problems with the code maybe because of incompatibilities to the hardware or it was always not well enough or both.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  16. #96
    Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Micki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    [insert comment]
    Posts
    1,152

    Default Lag is making raiding not fun

    I run raids on Orien Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 pm CET/CEST. Since a few updates ago, Too Hot to Handle has been a lagfest, but this Saturday the lag was server wide.

    Temporary lag spikes we can handle, but when we're getting long delays for minutes a time, it doesn't take long for the entire party to die, including the tanks.

    If this can't be solved soon, I might have to postpone the Saturday raids until May (when the packs available to everyone is supposed to end). Wednesdays are still manageable, though Too Hot to Handle has required 2-3 tries each time due to lag. I might have to start resetting the instance a few times at the start to get a less used instance - on Wednesdays. On Saturday the lag was not tied to instance.

    /Thaz
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me on Twitter: @DDOMicki
    YouTube: Thazara ofOrien
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

  17. #97
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loholt-UK View Post
    On Ghallanda instances 2049 and 2050 are the worst for lag. Have not found any instances that are consistently good but these two are consistently bad.
    How do you tell what instance you are in?

  18. #98
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    And exactly this quest is an example of a quest that has a lag that is not server-lag.
    I recommend you try out the 64-bit client in this quest and it is very likely that this quest runs much better for you unless the 64-bit client is not working well on your system (its still beta after all).
    I have been running the 64-bit client since the day it came out and Yester Hill is just as laggy for me with it as it was with the 32-bit client.

  19. #99
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carsonfball View Post
    How do you tell what instance you are in?
    type /loc into a chat window, it will show location information and is quite detailed, the instance is prefixed with an i.

  20. #100
    Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carsonfball View Post
    I have been running the 64-bit client since the day it came out and Yester Hill is just as laggy for me with it as it was with the 32-bit client.
    Because 64bit launcher doesnt have anything to do with lag! It's just supposed to make the game smoother because you can use more memory. 32bits has a memory using limit of about 1,5 gig I believe

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload