Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Deep Promise Onyx Trinket
    Minimum Level: 3/29
    • False Life +8/+83
    • Negative Healing Amplification +8/Insightful Negative Healing Amplification +44
    • Quality Negative Healing Amplification +22
    • Quality Intelligence +5
    • Blue Augment Slot
    False life doesn't stack with most of the new armor sets. Can you change false life into something else? What would be super amazing is if you can make false life into standard (profaine) negative healing amplification + 85. As of now its very difficult for a melee to slot negative healing amplification. Only slots available are off hand, caster armor, and belt. Having this be on a trinket would give an additional slot option. I would really nice to see some more options for heal amplification and this is close but we already have a great trinket with insightful negative healing amplification. So change the slot (1), change insightful to profaine (2), or replace false life with profaine (3). #3 would make me very happy and let me finally gear out my undead 2hf toon that i really really want to play!

Community Member

Default I like this but...

Corroded Iron Figure Trinket
    Stunning +3/+24
    Protection +2/+17
    Insightful Stunning +11
    Insightful Sheltering +28
    Blue Augment Slot

We have enough stunning items. I would replace the +24 stunning with +17 Resistance. Leave the rest the same. (Unless you can replace +24 stunning with +30 speed. The cornerstone champion is my go to until i can get a reasonable speed item.

Unfortunately, none of the new gear is able to be tetris'd into my set, and that makes me sad panda

Thanks!
    Nico

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    What would be super amazing is if you can make false life into standard (profaine) negative healing amplification + 85. As of now its very difficult for a melee to slot negative healing amplification.
    +1. Melee-focused Pale Masters really struggle with negative healing amp. They need a way to slot standard (profane) negative healing amp as they're not going to be wearing the caster-focused Dreadkeeper set. It wouldn't be quite as bad if Cannith Crafting didn't force you to craft gloves or armor, which also breaks other Sharn sets. Adding it to this trinket or to a separate ring or something would be really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Bone Figurine Trinket
    • Strength +2/Quality Strength +5
    • Evil Absorption +11%/+30%
    • Doublestrike +24%
    • Insightful Seeker +10
    • Blue Augment Slot
    It's possible to change Evil Absorption for Insightful Sheltering?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    ...Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    False life is a crappy attribute either way, it isn't going to help much at all!
    While I completely disagree, I would rather see an insightful con slot somewhere. especially for dc wizards normally trinket. Cant do bracers, cant do goggles, and cloak is for dc items.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrus View Post
    It's possible to change Evil Absorption for Insightful Sheltering?

Thanks.
    Please do not make this change, as this is the only item outside a raid tower shield to mitigate the evil damage in THTH (that I’m aware of). I think this trinket is nearly perfect as it is for melee, but if something were to get eliminated for insightful sheltering, I would consider insightful seeker, as that is on a couple melee item already. Doublestrike and Quality Str in this trinket is amazing... thank you-thank you for this trinket.

First ever forum post- hopefully i am doing this right...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelledren View Post
    Please do not make this change, as this is the only item outside a raid tower shield to mitigate the evil damage in THTH (that I’m aware of). I think this trinket is nearly perfect as it is for melee, but if something were to get eliminated for insightful sheltering, I would consider insightful seeker, as that is on a couple melee item already. Doublestrike and Quality Str in this trinket is amazing... thank you-thank you for this trinket.

First ever forum post- hopefully i am doing this right...
    Well, Evil Absorption is good for THTH, but MRR is good for any damage spell.
    Not everyone runs THTH.

But, i agree that Evil Absorption is better than loss Ins. Seeker.
    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    ...Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    Stunning +3/+24
    Protection +2/+17
    Insightful Stunning +11
    Blue Augment Slot

We have enough stunning items. I would replace the +24 stunning with +17 Resistance. Leave the rest the same. (Unless you can replace +24 stunning with +30 speed. The cornerstone champion is my go to until i can get a reasonable speed item.

Unfortunately, none of the new gear is able to be tetris'd into my set, and that makes me sad panda

Thanks!
    Nico
    I disagree - fitting in both stunning and insightful stunning can be a issue so getting them both on one item can be useful - not everyone has a DC so high they can ignore some additional bonuses to stunning.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    False life doesn't stack with most of the new armor sets. Can you change false life into something else? What would be super amazing is if you can make false life into standard (profaine) negative healing amplification + 85. As of now its very difficult for a melee to slot negative healing amplification. Only slots available are off hand, caster armor, and belt. Having this be on a trinket would give an additional slot option. I would really nice to see some more options for heal amplification and this is close but we already have a great trinket with insightful negative healing amplification. So change the slot (1), change insightful to profaine (2), or replace false life with profaine (3). #3 would make me very happy and let me finally gear out my undead 2hf toon that i really really want to play!
    Now that's something I could agree with, false life is not useless per se, but it is indeed on every sharn armor so far, so not quite uncommon as opposed to neg hamp, which is far less present, agreed, +1.
    Last edited by PublicEnemy; 03-26-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    Now that's something I could agree with, false life is not useless per se, but it is indeed on every sharn armor so far, so not quite uncommon as opposed to neg hamp, which is far less present, agreed, +1.
    Another vote to replace false life with profane negative heal amp on the deep promise trinket. False life is present everywhere even in augments. There's no neg heal amp augments. As I pointed out earlier only 1 item in the game currently offer lvl 29 profane heal amp (2 but both variants of same armor). Until a new item comes out we're locked into that armor for any seriously difficult content.

Essentially we are locked into putting all our points into EK because we must wear that light/medium armor because there's no other choice.

Maybe if archmage was ever updated we would actually regret having to do that. This new trinket could coincide with an archmage update so we could put some points into that too instead of being locked into EK? PM and EK are inextricably linked now.
    Last edited by capsela; 03-27-2020 at 12:15 AM.
    Toon on cannith

Stunning +3/+24
    Protection +2/+17
    Insightful Stunning +11
    Blue Augment Slot

Thanks!
    Nico
    Are you crazy? That trinket is wicked good. Stunning + Ins stunning is amazing AND provides higher stats than perfect pinnacle's stunning stats. The fact that you get BOTH and bonus defenses makes it a BiS trinket for monk and many other melees.
    Argonesson: Taliimara

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sythe777 View Post
    Are you crazy? That trinket is wicked good. Stunning + Ins stunning is amazing AND provides higher stats than perfect pinnacle's stunning stats. The fact that you get BOTH and bonus defenses makes it a BiS trinket for monk and many other melees.
    Agree, but means I have to rearrange my monks items yet again after doing so quite recently!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Agree, but means I have to rearrange my monks items yet again after doing so quite recently!
    ¨

Such is the life with many rpg (including this one) when new items come out.

Hey, there is a real shortage of insightful +10 stats to gear in this update and the past few. Any chance you could replace ALL of the quality stat bonuses to insightful stat bonues?

Another great option would be to allow us to select witch bonus we can have, like you did with sharn gear.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sythe777 View Post
    I get it. Perfect pinnacle used to be my go to as well, but i have completely overhauled my gear with sharn and raid stuff. I use the sunken chains for stunning. What fits other toons may not fit everyone. I personally dont see enough resistance (saves) items on named, so i thought it would be a good idea to include it. Either way, this is a great item, and no, i am definitely not crazy just thinking differently and have a different gearset alltogether. Im sure there be no change.

That being said, we do need more resistance items and more melee alacrity/speed options.

Nico

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Manslayer on the dagger is... underwhelming.

I'd expect a level 29 weapon to at least have a stronger version of the effect, if not outright Sovereign Vorpal

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Sure, I can swing that no problem.
    The idea of Manslayer is basically good but it needs to have also better versions of that effect (Sovereign Manslayer).
    But even better would be if effects like vorpal banishment Disruption Smiting and Manslayer would be calculated in a different way so they dont need to have different versions and they work at any level.
    Obviously you want to have the slay effect gets better when the monster is already heavily damaged it could be a calculation that increases the chance to closer the monster is to zero hp.
    I made already a suggestion for this but I try to repeat it here...
    After you roll a 20 on an attack you could make a second d100 roll versus the monster hp % your roll has to be higher than the monster hp and then the monster is slain.
    To make this roll may be more difficult if you wish when you fight monsters with a higher CR you could add the monsters CR to the monsters hp percent.
    And if you want that vorpal effects to work at lower levels better you give a bonus to the player d100 roll.
    And if you give the player a mean to increase the players' chance on a successful vorpal hit you could add a bonus e.g. the players' seeker bonuses to the d100 roll.
    In general, in my opinion, you should try to give items effects who either scale with the players' character level or dont need such a scale because they work at any level either because of they work anyway (like the old vorpal) or because of a smart calculation.
    I make just a suggestion for a possible calculation but maybe there better ideas.
    Last edited by Chacka_DDO; 03-27-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    I disagree - fitting in both stunning and insightful stunning can be a issue so getting them both on one item can be useful - not everyone has a DC so high they can ignore some additional bonuses to stunning.
    I do like that combo to be honest. I for one dont have an insightful combat mastery item, but i do use deadly iui instincts, which for me is 1/2 wis modifier added to my DCs. This seems to be enough for my build, but i get that the insightful srunning a great addition to a very high stun trinket for other folks that may not use falconry. This is a great item for all melee classes!!!

Nico

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hipparan View Post
    Silver Blade of the Flame is pretty cool, but I feel like it would be cooler if it had something especially for Paladins/Clerics/FVS of the Silver Flame. How about some extra damage dice or something? I'm excited to see what the appearance of the Longsword looks like.
    If they can't code extra benefits by way of religion choice, maybe something like Divine Vengeance where your class and alignment modify the effectiveness of the weapon?
    "I didn't change my mind, It changed all by itself" – Luna

Community Member

I do like that combo to be honest. I for one dont have an insightful combat mastery item, but i do use deadly iui instincts, which for me is 1/2 wis modifier added to my DCs. This seems to be enough for my build, but i get that the insightful srunning a great addition to a very high stun trinket for other folks that may not use falconry. This is a great item for all melee classes!!!

Nico
    But youre right about getting sufficient resistances - its usually possible to get items on most of my characters to boost two saves, but trying to get all 3 raised is difficult these days as they seem averse to the old resistance bonuses that gave bonuses to all 3 saves. Ended up crafting a slave lords item to fill some gaps for a few characters.

Community Member

Please keep Corroded Iron Figure Trinket as it is.
    Last edited by korgzz_bloodaxe; 03-28-2020 at 02:31 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast