Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Would have been nice to see an Assassinate DC bonus item, or a sneaky focused dagger and shortsword.

Bottle of Shadows Trinket
    (Bottle of Smoke Trinket)

Shadows seems to me like a generic defense items, rather than a "Shadow themed one".

My suggestion:

Bottle of Shadows Trinket
    • Enhanced MS/HIDE + sneak move speed (in amounts that make sense for a combo effect)
    • Assassinate DC
    • On hit weapon effect: -2 Strength, -2 Melee Power (or the Profane effect if this would be too complicated to make)
    • Immunity to knockdown, and Immunity to Spawn Screen*->yes, to a "helpful" effect too.

Community Member

Couple of items to comment on:

Kinetic sphere - does the 20% force absorption stack with that of the Zarash'ak Ward? From memory the general rule is that same values don't stack but it would be good if they did, even if it meant changing the percentage (or type) on the sphere slightly (upwards of course!).

Conduit of the Arcane - two of the bonuses on it (Efficient Metamagic - Empower and Maximise) are the same as those on the goggles for mage set from Sharn (Esoteric Initiate) which makes this of limited benefit for arcanes who use the set. How about changing one of them to Efficient Metamagic - Heighten and the other to quicken or enlarge. The empower/maximise versions are on a number of items but there's almost none with other metamagic abilities (other than healing ones).

Or you could make a new version of the efficient metamagics for this item - if you have the matching enhancement you gain an additional +1 to the reduction in costs (i.e. making it 3 for empowerII/ 5 for maximise II).
    Last edited by CeltEireson; 03-28-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Something it would be good to see more of are "Insightful Combat Mastery" items in endgame. According to the wiki there are only 4 items that gives the top value of that, 2 of which are runearms. Perhaps it could replace one of the Quality Combat mastery sources in this loot list.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

Community Member

I'd echo other people's comments - the lack of Insightful bonus to attributes is a shame given how rare they are. The Soul Splitter pack added some nice options for Quality bonuses, so it would be great if this pack did the same for Insightful.

(My personal bugbear since Ravensloft - how difficult it is to slot Insightful Wisdom in a sensible way).

One single caster club and its only good for wizards-alchemists and limited use at that

Been a long time since we had good clubs still using the night mother or i guess spiral if u like quik swapping every 10 secs

Maybe some different options for that would go along way in selling this pack since its on par with what we have but nothing stands out enough to want to play gear tetris with
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Been a long time since we had good clubs still using the night mother or i guess spiral if u like quik swapping every 10 secs
    I'm still using Vacuum + Ash...
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-30-2020 at 03:35 AM.

I was trying to figure out how best to equip my paladin at cap today and I realized that this:

Brightlord, the Sigil of the Flame Bracers
    Minor Artifact
    Minimum Level: 29
    Max Filigree Slots: 3
    Charisma +22
    Speed +30%
    Insightful Resistance +8
    Extra Smites +3 Smite Evil uses per rest. Smite Evil uses regenerate 15% faster.
    Blue Augment Slot
    Green Augment Slot
    Yellow Augment Slot

seems like a step down from the Legendary Cloak of the Champion:
    Extra Smites
    Parrying +10
    Insightful Constitution +10
    Quality Physical Sheltering +13
    Empty Green Augment Slot

I mean yes it has 3 augment slots versus 1 and is a cloak versus braces but looking at it, speed is not that necessary with blinding speed so QPRR wins, Parrying 10 trumps Insightful Res 8, Extra Smites is extra smites so we're looking at 22 Cha versus Ins Con 10. On the whole I'd rather stick with this cloak and find some other way to slot charisma since the cloak just seems so much better. Sad for the minor artifact.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

My point is til theres tons of weapon options for melees-ranged for sentient weaponing

Casters currently have 2 and there both either outdated useless or have a horrible lame unfun mechanic attached to them and probably causes server lag too

Now the sickle is ok but most pms-alchs have dreadkeeper sets by now and that set has nullification built in already so thats def redundant

Either update some new sw caster weapons seriously or just let us sw lgs i'm down with either option no more quaterstaffs unless you are gonna give us the monkey grip 2 hd weapons feat
    Last edited by mr420247; 04-02-2020 at 12:40 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

I would 100% be behind an epic fiddle which had sonic/bard or fey warlock bonuses. I'm getting scoundrel PLs just to free up quiver slot to use the iconic fiddle on future non-scoundrel lives. It doesn't say it requires tiefling, so should be able to get music on any character.

I'm not so sold on sorc getting another 1 hander to pair with spiral.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-02-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WiseFreelancer View Post
    I'd echo other people's comments - the lack of Insightful bonus to attributes is a shame given how rare they are. The Soul Splitter pack added some nice options for Quality bonuses, so it would be great if this pack did the same for Insightful.

(My personal bugbear since Ravensloft - how difficult it is to slot Insightful Wisdom in a sensible way).
    Didn´t sharn make insighful wis quite easy to slot? goggles necky and 2 rings I believe... but yeah gear tetris is gear tetris.. I´ve been trying for the love of god to find a way to get in litany into my build and also increase the mmr.. but havent found a way out yet... stop being lazy Lavid!
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h
    DDO Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    Didn´t sharn make insighful wis quite easy to slot? goggles necky and 2 rings I believe... but yeah gear tetris is gear tetris.. I´ve been trying for the love of god to find a way to get in litany into my build and also increase the mmr.. but havent found a way out yet... stop being lazy Lavid!
    Your right, most builds witch nead insightful wisdom/charisma/int do fine. Its the builds witch try for str and con witch really suffer. I dont have much experience with dex builds. As of right now we could really use an insightfull con and str items. Ideal slots would be boots, helm, rings, trinkets.

In addition we need another insightful accuracy item. There is a really short supply of thoes.

And lastly the never ending plea for a resistance item witch has all 3 resistance on it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    Your right, most builds witch nead insightful wisdom/charisma/int do fine. Its the builds witch try for str and con witch really suffer. I dont have much experience with dex builds. As of right now we could really use an insightfull con and str items. Ideal slots would be boots, helm, rings, trinkets.

In addition we need another insightful accuracy item. There is a really short supply of thoes.

And lastly the never ending plea for a resistance item witch has all 3 resistance on it.
    Dev's gave casters and ranged cash and prizes from RL and Sharn, the gear really favors anything using WIS/INT/CHR and DEX over CON/STR. So far I've only found a few ways of slotting both Ins Con and Ins Str without major sacrifices and both involved raid items.
    Illustration of a Gnome Inquisitive!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678