Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Keen I/Keen V would be the PERFECT addition for Silver Flame worshipers!
    Its the Silver Blade of the Flame, not the Blade of the Silver Flame

Its not specifically a Silver Flame weapon (unless the flavor text in-game says it is...). Its just a weapon of divine fire, ie light damage.

@Devs: Do you understand that Slave Lords trinkets -- which came out 3.5 years ago -- are currently the ideal gearing solution for melee DPS to slot MRR? I was hoping we'd see new options with melee DPS trinkets that addresses this dependency. It's disappointing that the only U46 trinket with MRR also has Incite and Insightful Incite, which precludes melee DPS from using it. Perhaps you could come up with another trinket, or repurpose a U46 trinket, to provide MRR and is melee friendly.
    Last edited by Carpone; 03-17-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    The Home of Memory, earth elemental chest; I looted a plain non-magical dagger.
    Probably a bug/placeholder for something else?
    Placeholder, thanks for catching that

I've also removed an erroneous additional 33% drop for a Minor Artifact from the Optional list, should be back to Sharn rates by next preview.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    @Devs: Do you understand that Slave Lords trinkets -- which came out 3.5 years ago -- are currently the ideal gearing solution for melee DPS to slot MRR?
    Agreed. The Belt of Sure Strikes should really have MRR on it, not PRR.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by SWCarter View Post
    Agreed. The Belt of Sure Strikes should really have MRR on it, not PRR.
    Sure thing, I can do that for you no problem.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Sure thing, I can do that for you no problem.
    Excellent, that will complement the Sharn item sets nicely .

If I'm able to push my luck further and you're able to add standard (profane) Negative Amplification to a ring, that would address the item diversity issue I mentioned earlier. Maybe even a ring that adds all three standard amp options (Heal + Neg + Repair) along with an effect like Boon of Undeath that procs all three heal types so it's applicable to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Bottle of Smoke Trinket
    Minimum Level: 3/29
    • Dexterity +2/Quality Dexterity +5
    • Smoke Screen You are surrounded by wisps of concealing smoke, giving opponents a 20% chance to miss you.
    • Speed +30%
    • Healing Amplification +88
    • Blue Augment Slot
    Maybe create "legendary smoke screen" and put it to 30% concealment, so 5% stronger then lesser displacement.

Also for all trinkets, none seem appealing to ranged at all. Say one with deception would be a step in the right direction at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Brightlord, the Sigil of the Flame Bracers
    Minor Artifact
    • Charisma +22
    • Speed +30%
    • Insightful Resistance +8
    • Extra Smites +3 Smite Evil uses per rest. Smite Evil uses regenerate 15% faster.
    Parrying is +10 at this level, is it intended to be weaker than that? Parrying also provides an AC bonus, so this is a strict downgrade from that :/

Also this is like "the" Paladin Artifact, and saves are generally not where Paladins fall short. Perhaps it could be a different bonus? I'd sign for Quality Devotion, for instance. Or perhaps an extra Lay on Hands etc, if that's reasonably code-able? Given Smite Evil is either Paladin or US, both of which also have LoH.

Still, I'm literally going to put off my TR into Paladin for this item so yay! Thanks!

Bottle of Smoke Trinket
    • Smoke Screen You are surrounded by wisps of concealing smoke, giving opponents a 20% chance to miss you.
    Is this uh re-flavored Blurry? Maybe with a cosmetic effect?

Dance of Wind
    • When 4 pieces are equipped: Whenever you tumble, you gain a +10% Action Boost bonus to Movement Speed for 10 seconds. This may only trigger once every 30 seconds.
    This is literally the coolest thing I've seen filigrees do! Sweet! I'm totally going to make a swap stick just for this. Can it be set to not activate while you currently have an Action Boost bonus to MS? Given only PDK T1 clicky is <10%, it would allow you to chain Sprint boosts & filigree usage more easily etc. Sad it won't work with Defender MS bonus, but that's life!
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Is this uh re-flavored Blurry? Maybe with a cosmetic effect?
    No it's an old effect from long, long ago. Epic sands/heroic abbot.

Do any of those anger attributes on the dagger cause a proc of the blood feast filigree? That would be very interesting if so

The short sword has so much wisdom damage that it seems like it should have legendary paralyzing; however, the short sword with legendary paralyzing (Timeshard) uses a Fort save(!?!) on the paralysis. So perhaps this weapon is supposed to be paired with it in which case you would want CON damage to reduce a foe's saving throw briefly? Just thinking out loud; I will never acquire these anyway but can have fun thinking about it...
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I want to give very detailed feedback, but that will have to wait till later. At first glance the low-level items look extremely uncompelling. I mean almost complete disinterest. However, the assortment of trinkets is at least intriguing.

Upon hearing that we were getting a Gatekeeper pack, and Gatekeepers being druids, I was hoping for some new druid themed items. Ah well perhaps we will see more weather, plant, animal, ocean, forest, wild themes with the upcoming Fey expansion.
    Same, i was really hoping for some druid item love, hopefully in expansion a nice druid caster staff, robe etc Hopefully just lots of druid love especially spell selection at lvl 9 or lack of.

Default Picking out the items which most stand out to me...

Brightlord, the Sigil of the Flame Bracers
    Minor Artifact
    Minimum Level: 29
    Max Filigree Slots: 3

• Charisma +22
    • Speed +30%
    • Insightful Resistance +8
    • Extra Smites +3 Smite Evil uses per rest. Smite Evil uses regenerate 15% faster.
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    Insightful Resistance compares poorly to Parrying at this level. Many items have parrying, perhaps MRR, or bonus Spell saves instead? I also question Speed but many/most of my melees take Blinding Speed feat. I do not know how many still choose to do so. Perhaps its just me. If many other players do not prefer speed in this slot perhaps blur or lesser displacement? Even a Paladin needs and could really use these effects.

Gilded Gloves of Sanctity Gloves
    Minor Artifact

• Wisdom +22
    • Exceptional Healing Amplification +24
    • Healing Lore +34%
    • Devotion +231
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    I'm a little upset about this one. Finally! Finally! A cleric artifact that can fit with Sharn sets... except Healing Lore and Devotion are already covered by Sharn set. And I know... I know not everyone has Sharn and Sharn sets but cleric especially was left out in the cold when the Caster Wisdom artifact directly conflicted with the cleric set. So here we go again... please change Healing Lore and Devotion to Quality Spell Focus and I would prefer Spell Pen or Insightful Spell Pen. Its almost like Clerics are forced to have Devotion/Healing Lore on every item intended for them. And sometimes I get the impression the devs are afraid to allow clerics to be strong casters.

Kinetic Sphere Orb
    Damage Dice: [1d4]/[1d4]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2
    Shield Bonus: +0/+0

• Spellcasting Implement +3/+29
    • Orb Bonus +1/+15
    • Kinetic Lore +7%/+31%
    • Impulse +47/+214
    • Energy Siphon X
    • Force Absorption +20%
    • Purple Augment Slot
    Looks neat, except level 3 item looks too much like same level random gen or cannith crafted. Has no zing. Can it have a pinch of one of its other effects just to differentiate it from average stuff?

Bottle of Shadows Trinket
    • Profane Well Rounded +1/+2
    • Good Absorption +11%/+30%
    • Law Absorption +30%
    • Lesser Displacement
    • Green Augment Slot
    I'm just curious... is there anywhere in the game we take good damage? Maybe I just haven't noticed it.

Bottle of Smoke Trinket
    • Dexterity +2/Quality Dexterity +5
    • Speed +30%
    • Healing Amplification +88
    • Blue Augment Slot
    I know what would make me really like this item. I would remove Dex+2 at level 3 and instead make the Speed portion the effect that is on both heroic and epic... except it wouldn't be speed at level 3 it would be a couple charges of expeditious retreat and Smoke Screen. Think about it... *Poof* runaway!

Book of Spirits Trinket
    • Ghostly
    • Diversion +34%
    • True Seeing
    • Protection from Evil +10
    • Green Augment Slot
    I honestly don't like Protection from Evil on items. This is something I cast, wand-whip, or drink potions if necessary. But to keep to the theme of the item what about Extra Turns or a bonus to Turn Undead? I hope I'm not the only one that still uses these.

Charune, Grand Burden of Fury Cloak
    Minor Artifact

• Strength +22
    • Physical Sheltering +59
    • Raging Strength III Your Rage abilities grant an additional +3 Strength.
    • Anger This will increase the total number of Rages you can use by 3. However, these additional Rages will only take effect after the wielder rests.
    • Blue Augment Slot
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    Dagger of the Liturgist Dagger
    Damage Dice: [1d4]/5[1d4+2]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2

• Enhancement Bonus +3/+15
    • Blood Rage Anytime you are hit there is a chance that you will fall into a Blood Rage. Blood Rage gives up to a +8 bonus to Strength and Constitution but will also cause short periods of lethargy when your lust for blood becomes sated.
    • Vengeful While its wielder is hit in battle, this item has a 10% chance to cause him or her to become full of anger and go into a Rage.
    • Enhanced Bloodrage This weapon is enhanced by blod - your blood! Each time you take damage or kill an enemy, there is a small chance that you will fal into an unholy bloodrage, greatly increasing your Melee Power, Constitution, and Damage. However, this rage will leave you more vulnerable to Physical attacks, slightly reducing your Armor Class.
    • Relentless Fury While this item is equipped, any killing blows you strike against enemies may drive you into a furious rage, providing a 5% Enhancement damage bonus to your melee, ranged, and unarmed attacks for 30 seconds. Slaying weaker opponents has a reduced chance of producing this effect.
    • Manslayer This devastating ability allows the wielder to defeat a humanoid opponent with a single decisive blow. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit a humanoid target will be killed. Powerful humanoids may resist the vorpal strike and instead take 100 points of damage until they have been sufficiently weakened.
    • Red Augment Slot
    Okay. I wanted to look at these two items together or in tandem. Because looking at the dagger I feel like you (SSG) are trying to make throwing weapons META again by really supporting them through that extra equipment slot they have to get goodies/effects from the off-hand. Or is this somehow aimed at dual-wielding Vistani barbarians? I cannot tell if the dagger is meant to have both Blood rage and Enhanced Bloodrage or if its Bloodrage at low level and Enhanced Bloodrage at a higher level. I know my hubby (who has 2 barbarians) would go guano-crazy if the dagger were an accessory or minor artifact but its a dagger so its not good for either of his barbarians. Whereas the actual minor artifact which seems intended for a barbarian is kind of meh. He's at work but I think he would prefer Str, Blood Rage or Enhanced Bloodrage, Relentless Fury, and Raging Strength. I will direct him to post his thoughts after dinner.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Book of Spirits Trinket
    • Ghostly
    • Diversion +34%
    • True Seeing
    • Protection from Evil +10
    • Green Augment Slot
    Ghostly -> Ghostly
    Diversion -> Deception
    True Seeing -> Exceptional Seeker!
    Protection from evil -> Physical Sheltering(had trinkets with magical/insightful sheltering but no physical cause you put to much of it elsewhere?)

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Bravery Throughout
    • When 2 pieces are equipped: +1 to all Saving Throws
    • When 3 pieces are equipped: +5 Physical Resistance Rating
    • When 4 pieces are equipped: +5% Armor Class
    Individual Filigree
    • Physical Resistance Rating+3 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Magical Resistance Rating
    • Melee Threat Increase +50% -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Extra Rage +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Extra Action Boost +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Intimidate +2 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Constitution +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Armor Class +4 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating

Dance of Wind
    • When 2 pieces are equipped: +5% Missile Deflection
    • When 3 pieces are equipped: +10 Magical Resistance Rating Cap
    • When 4 pieces are equipped: Whenever you tumble, you gain a +10% Action Boost bonus to Movement Speed for 10 seconds. This may only trigger once every 30 seconds.
    Individual Filigree
    • Tumble +2 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Magical Resistance Rating
    • Attack and Damage+1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Dexterity +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Trip DCs +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Strength +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Magical Resistance Rating
    • Armor Class +4 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Physical Resistance Rating +3 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating

Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment
    • When 2 pieces are equipped: -10% Arcane Spell Failure
    • When 3 pieces are equipped: +1 to your Transmutation and Conjuration DCs
    • When 4 pieces are equipped: +1 to your Enchantment and Necromancy DCs
    Individual Filigree
    • Wisdom +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Magical Resistance Rating
    • Charisma +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Magical Resistance Rating
    • Spell Points +30 -~- Rare Version: & +4 Universal Spell Power
    • Physical Resistance Rating +3 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Physical Resistance Rating
    • Force Spell Power +9 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Magical Resistance Rating
    • Intelligence +1 -~- Rare Version: & +2 Force Spell Power
    • Force Absorption +5% -~- Rare Version: & +2 Magical Resistance Rating
    These filigrees seem less inspired than what one would hope for....... far less inspired....

By any chance will you be releasing some new sentient jewels any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeleron View Post
    Ghostly -> Ghostly
    Diversion -> Deception
    True Seeing -> Exceptional Seeker!
    Protection from evil -> Physical Sheltering(had trinkets with magical/insightful sheltering but no physical cause you put to much of it elsewhere?)
    Someday I'd like to see an item that is Improved Deception, Sneak Attack Deception, True Seeing, and Armor Piercing or Ins. Armor Piercing, goggles or a trinket that looks like a spyglass might work. Could be called Deceiver's Perception.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Boots
    Clockwork Boots Boots
    • Intelligence +2/Quality Intelligence +5
    • Shatter +3/[COLOR="#FF8C00"]+24/COLOR]
    • Repair Lore +32%
    • Reconstruction +219
    • Blue Augment Slot
    I love these but now my Doctor Vulcana's Broken Wristwatch has been found lacking.......... too bad the Combat Mastery +18 on them isn't insightful shattering instead....... would be nice if it stacked with the shattering effect on these wonderful boots!

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I think the ancient ML1 harbor trinkets could be changed to Profane stat+1
    Good idea
    *;~ Klorox of Orien ~;*

- Youtube -

Any chance you could have some of these items with the set bonus from sharn sets? I'm thinking pick one item for each set to give the set bonus to. Pick an item slot that isn't part of that set. That way there is more gearing flexibility. Currently, for example, if you play a melee then item item that will ever be made that is a glove or neckless is just going to be ignored. If you add an additional slot item, like say trinket, then all of a sudden all those past gloves and neckless that have been melee focused become contenders again.

Also a filigree that gives +2 to a skill (tumble in this case) seams really poor. Your effectivly saying that tumble is better then all thoes things that give +3 instead (mrr, prr, ranged power, melee power). I would really bump any skill bassed filigrees upto 5. At the minimum.

Your DC filigree, any chance of adding an extra tear to it? Something that boosts evocation and illusion perhaps? Or maybe include evocation in the first tear and illusion in the second tear? That would expand the classes that could value this filigree.

I would really like to see some filigrees with legendary shroud effects on them. Im talking ash, salt, oze, extra. The thing that was really great about legendary shroud weapons was that they would apply to those effects to spells. All other sources only work with actual hitting the target. And unfortunately shroud weapons do not accept sentience so we cant have a shroud item in our main hand.

Thanks

Belts
    Belt of Sure Strikes Belt
    • Physical Sheltering +5/+55
    • Seeker +2/Insightful Seeker +10
    • Quality Combat Mastery +5
    • Quality Accuracy +8
    • Green Augment Slot
    Could you please change the quality combat mastery to either insightful armor piercing, insightful doublestrike, or at the very least to increase the number just insightful Shattering? Insightful combat mastery is kinda watery power wise.... makes the item less desirable.

Could you please Makes the physical sheltering insightful rather than just plain physical sheltering? There is too much it does not stack with!

Could you by chance change the insightful seeker to just plain regular seeker? I am seeing too much loot with insightful seeker on it -_-

Dagger of the Liturgist Dagger
    * Blood Rage Anytime you are hit there is a chance that you will fall into a Blood Rage. Blood Rage gives up to a +8 bonus to Strength and Constitution but will also cause short periods of lethargy when your lust for blood becomes sated.
    Why is this effect still being used on anything? The way it actually functions in game, once the first stack falls off and causes lethargy, the cascade of further stacks falling off results in permanent slow. There is no amount of stats which make up for such an ever-present slow in DDO. Especially as the game has moved into reaper/hardcore/etc styles where one miscalculation can kill you or the party.

Every item with this effect on it is essentially unusable as one operates well with permanent slow. Do not add more items to that list of vendor trash. Either delete this effect, or remove the lethargy component completely.

The only blood rage this causes is to me IRL when I read that it will be on another item. Thanks.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast