Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'd agree with the fact many of the lights "on" or "off" type pentagram type puzzles throughout DDO aren't always that intuitive. As a new player you'd want hints on whether the aim is to light up the puzzle or darken them, even if there was some readable rhyme or poem to pick up.

Greetings axan22, regarding the Dice puzzle. The following page might give you an idea of how they have tended to function in the past: https://ddowiki.com/page/Smash_and_Burn

The Mirror puzzle works but because you are in a dreamlike environment its probably slightly harder to distinguish where the mirrors line up, etc.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 03-21-2020 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Puzzles.

One note about the mirror puzzle--because of the way it works, when you get to the center bit where you are supposed to make the "decision" between the silver flame shield and the bookcase, unless you make an extreme effort you will ALWAYS hit the shield first because you HAVE to turn that middle mirror through the position that aims through the shield before you even CAN aim it toward the bookcase (since the mirrors only rotate in one direction).

The only way to avoid this is to not have the light set to go to that mirror when you rotate that mirror.

It seems kind of dorky to present it as a decision when the default will ALWAYS have you pick a specific one.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    I don't think the 'Dice Puzzle' had a corresponding figure on a stylised "dice" symbol located nearby? To make it easier, so you knew what dice face pip value was "required". However, I may have totally missed spotting that symbol in all the room clutter...
    There aren't enough pips available to do anything other than set all of them to 1, so it doesn't really need a prompt to tell you what to set them to--that part is obvious once you realize it's a puzzle.

There are lots of book podiums around that area, though, putting books or scrolls on them that say what to do with the puzzles would make sense, esp if they were written in a more interesting way, like this for the tile puzzle:

"Too much specialization is not conducive to success; one must visit every area to advance" meaning "you have to light all the circles, not just one"

Hmm, for the others:

Simon Says puzzle: "Sometimes, one must follow as well as lead"

Star puzzle: "unleashing power is always dangerous, but you cannot seek to master it until you are exposed to it"

dots puzzle: "Balance is essential--too much in one place leaves others open"

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post

Thank you for doing what you do!

These videos are really helpful in identifying problem areas to fix/polish.

Hey Flimsy would it be possible to get a reset lever for these dice puzzles? I mean a lever that would reset it back to its beginning formation. I ask because lag does weird, Salvador Dali-esque things to these puzzles where the columns will sometimes go up into the ceiling or follow you around the puzzle. Sometimes if you just keep jumping it will fix itself but sometimes not. I think since Sharn was introduced its happened perhaps a half dozen times but I haven't really played Smash & Burn much so I would say about a third of the time. Anyways, when this happens it would be nice to have a reset to the puzzle instead of just shrugging and going on with the quest ignoring the puzzle optional.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Thank you for doing what you do!

These videos are really helpful in identifying problem areas to fix/polish.
    Cool!

Community Member HedgeHogShadow's Avatar

Default 2nd Preview ?

Is there any chance the 2nd preview will happen soon?
    Who in the world is Brother Augustus?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123