Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Can cenuleans hills area increase to level 5?
    Yes please.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Default Speaking of Fixing Types ...

Is it not about time to fix the dialogue box for the High Roads quest giver Rina Belostos that makes many DDO players look dumb? ("I'll talk to Freda")

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Deprecated items will now automatically be cleaned out of bags.
    [*]Korthos: Sacrifices: The underwater section has been adjusted to provide a function for the gates, levers, and doors that previously did nothing.
    i really like these two

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Fixed a problem with many secret doors that made them too easy to spot, to the point of your Spot skill not mattering at all. Their Search DCs are not affected. These doors Spot DCs will now scale with level and difficulty, as inteded, and their Spot DC values will be 5 below their Search DCs. This bug only affected doors, not traps or control panels.
    This will effect the automatic search enhancement/epic feat, I guess. So now you have to have a fairly high wisdom for spot, too to make it work? If so, the enhancement/epic feat will lose a lot of its appeal because it is too expensive to push wisdom that high.
    Please do the math and check the difference before you implement this.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

If we have True Seeing, will we still automatically find secret doors if we don’t have enough spot? I hope that True Seeing doesn’t have some kind of spot check before the search check that will break multiple quests after this patch. I’m worried that this change will have unintended consequences. Especially for quests like the two in castle ravenloft where finding the secret door is required for completion. Or catacombs. Or a variety of other quests.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Hi,

Any chance you guys can squeeze in the sorting changes to shared banks for both TR Cache and Crafting Storage as well.

This would really make a great update.

Cheers.

The dev event has begun! Members of the DDO team are on lamannia right now collecting feedback and answering questions in real time! Simply hop on and "/joinchannel devchat"
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I just wanted to provide feedback here.

In no order, just what I noticed :

- I tried to play a cleric/rogue with a quarterstaff. I used Lamannia to see how far it can go. 2 levels Cleric, 2 levels Rogue, Human, trying to specialize into quartertaff combat
    - Through The Voyage, I got to level 4 this way.

- The NPC handing out wepons on the Marketplace stairway where you arrive as a new level 54 character has only 1 kind of quarterstaff . and that is unfortunately WITHOUT flame damage, only with spell points. If I wanted to use a profane thief acrobat with no magic at all this would be of no use.
    - I had bought a quaterstaff from the Harbour weapons vendor and used only that one.

- There is no quarterstaff in named loot for the new adventures.

- I did 1 1/2 of the new quests. Quest 1 was a nice and very balanced challenge. I didn't see the Earth Elementals coming, so I was surprised that each time I had slain one it seemed to be resurrected !

- Cerulean Hills are much more full of Bugbears & Orcs now.

- The quests are nice, but I had expected more collectables. Later in the quest it seemed to be fine, though.

- I DO MISS the old "Lords Of The Rings" reference with that abandones mine with the DM saying "someone must have been digging far too many times" or how it sounded ! Please restore that somewhere !
    Edit : Strange : Now i get the comment, but didn't earlier ...

- Quest 2 was very difficult, because my character died very early : without exploring the cave more, my character jumped down into that lava-filled sealed mine part - got hit by 2 mephits and a big fire elemental. With no hireling and far too few health potions, my character died by failing more and more saving throws against that "fire aura". That was the point where i left it.

- Nice is that "visions of the past" thing : I had read Eberron novel having a very similar mechanism last month or the month before that. I think it was "Rise Of The Seventh Moon". It is also a nice read about Gatekeepers.

All in all playing with a quarterstaff only is challenging at level 4. Plus, there is not much support for it, like quarterstaffs with special abilities (named loot). In general they seem to drop much rarer than other kinds of weapons as random loot, but their random values seem to be similar to other random loot.

As a last note I was quite surprised to see that i wa the only player with level 4 at that time. Everyone else had level 30. Don't people want to test level 3 quests ? I fear so.

If I have the time I'll test more, but right now I need a pause.
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 03-19-2020 at 09:06 AM.
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Thank you for this, appreciated the preview. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check out the heroic versions of the new quests before Lamannia goes down, but at least I got to try them all on Legendary (enjoyed them, by the way - interesting maps, fun options for "race to completion" or "explore every nook and cranny")

Lightbulb harbor teleport

with talk of or rather with the mention of possible talk of a teleport location near gatekeeper's grove i nominate or under condition of previous nomination i give my vote over to or yes i go so far as to proclaim that i hereby declare today to be epic viking metal day! oh wait duh that's just everyday what i'm really trying to say is

the lighthouse seems like a landmark worthy of tele status eh?

Default Preview Ended

The first preview for Update 46 has ended. Please place all additional feedback in this section of the forums!
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Had fun in the new grove. Think the quest's will be fun for level 3 and just some rxp for legendary rxp run.

Btw I found the end of the DDO world with my Easter egg run. Couldn't help myself just wanted some one of kind screenshots.

Community Member

I look forward to trying out Foxpaw's quest - but as for the rest of them. I ran them on R4 on an alchemist (caster) - and didn't experience any real difficulty. Housekeeping was interesting - I enjoyed that one. Though the ending is kinda unclear. I mentioned in the dev event that Capstone's quest could easily be a speed run. The items... they are interesting. There was only a few items I was interested in - the sickle for alchemist is actually lovely. The artifact gloves would be great.... if they didn't break the Hruit set, though I suppose it could work for the Flame Cleansed set.
    ~Kozha~
    Obnoxious Officer of Down 'n' Dirty
    Gland

Quote Originally Posted by Carrow12 View Post
    I look forward to trying out Foxpaw's quest - but as for the rest of them. I ran them on R4 on an alchemist (caster) - and didn't experience any real difficulty.
    R4 around level 3 ? Or R4 around level 30 ? Why don't people specify levels anymore ? It just becomes silly now.

HungarianRhapsody, currently within the live servers 'True Seeing' auto reveal for (Secret Doors) is based upon the [Search] DC of 30 and NOT a Spot value or else it would "auto reveal" every single generic Secret door in the game LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    [...] If we have True Seeing, will we still automatically find secret doors if we don’t have enough spot? ...
    Even if it weren't; theoretically you couldn't 'auto reveal' the 'Secret Door', if its Search DC was greater than 30. At best (using True Seeing) assuming it had been programmed with a Spot check DC of 30? You would only expect the "Spot: Hidden" alert on a Door having a Search DC of 31 - it certainly SHOULD NOT auto reveal.

Most compulsory Secret doors have very low or negative values, i.e. Search DC -5 so it shouldn't be an issue with most compulsory Secret doors doors. There is one F2P Quest exception (Heroic Elite) I can think of that requires you to have a Search DC of 10 (or use a Spell like ability to find that mandatory Secret door) to complete the quest.

Aside: in either case; it would help if the DDO Team actually bothered to rewrite the 'True Seeing' description to clarify what [DC 30] actually meant (maybe it means 30 apples or 30 carrots?) with regards to Secret doors, as its rather vague. That's partly why you have such obvious bugs not being fixed for over five years. Because the Item descriptions are so poorly worded. :-/
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 03-20-2020 at 06:23 AM. Reason: True Seeing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    R4 around level 3 ? Or R4 around level 30 ? Why don't people specify levels anymore ? It just becomes silly now.
    We didn't run the quests at lvl 3 this time around. We also did one on r8 at 30. Have you run borderlands sub level 4 on r4 those are pretty easy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrow12 View Post
    I look forward to trying out Foxpaw's quest - but as for the rest of them. I ran them on R4 on an alchemist (caster) - and didn't experience any real difficulty. Housekeeping was interesting - I enjoyed that one. Though the ending is kinda unclear.
    Could you elaborate on what was unclear/confusing about the ending?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Could you elaborate on what was unclear/confusing about the ending?

If I remember correctly, the objective is to kill all the hags at the end. My party had killed two of the hags, third one was at 10% when all of a sudden the quest just ended. We tried 3 times to kill the hags in different order - and we still could only get 2, then the last to 5-10%, then bam - a dm text stating we didn't think we were done with them. It was annoying when it happened with Irk, but at least there was a story element explaining why we couldn't kill him outright. This was just... unsatisfying. If there is a story reason (leading onto a different chain, the hags popping up in further quests, etc), I would like that to be a bit clearer. If there is a different way that we need to figure out how to kill them, that's fair. But as it is right now, it just comes across as a unfinished story that doesn't seem to go anywhere. We already have quite a few of those in the game.
    ~Kozha~
    Gland

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    We did the legendary version on R4/R8 at level 30.
    ~Kozha~
    Gland

Thank you for being more specific.

I never did the quests at level 4 with Reaper, only normal mode. And my experience is written down somewhere here ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast