Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Customer service is non existent

    I have a problem with an account.I put in a ticket and also sent an email to help.The email replied within 1 day.The ticket got merged in to the email.The email told me I had to pay some money to get the account back.I try to pay but xsolla says my bank declined the purchase,I call my bank,My bank says there is no problem with payment.I send another email to SSG.that was 3 weeks ago...NOTHING SINCE...AND I put in 2 more tickets and they keep merging the tickets into the email that doesn't respond...even after I wrote in the ticket"Please do not merge this request into the ticket because I am being run around in circles"There is NO phone number for STANDING STONE GAMES,so This is all I have to deal with,Funny how they responded to the email within one day,then after that about 10 emails i sent every other day have no response.And the tickets just merge into the email.It's sad,I am playing this game since 2007,this is how I am treated,I spend plenty of money on this game.I PM'd Cordovan and he sent me a helpful message one time 3 weeks ago,to get in touch putting in a ticket,but tried again and I am ignored.What does one do?OH BTW contacted xsolla same thing,they say try a diff bank card for use,but SSG says they will only accept the bank card on file,then xsolla doesn't accept payment for"security reasons".How does this place do business?How can I have an account for 13 years paying them money hand over fist and then be ignored like this.I have never dealt with a company that does business like this.Especially when I am being accused of breaking terms of service that ARE NOT EVEN THERE.I am disgusted at this point with this place.TURBINE at least had a phone number and if you had a problem people would help you.This place just ignores you and preys on new customers.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Yeah I lost a guildmate few months ago to this ****, he was trying to pay with discover and apparently Xsolla shadowbanned discover as they charge a higher transaction fee to merchants. Best guess anyways.

    Add that to a loss to lag and another loss to U 45 killing all usable ranged tr options and my guild now has one active player, me. Sucks.

  3. #3
    Community Member Drunkendex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Somwehere where there is LOTS of rakija.
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Add that to a loss to lag and another loss to U 45 killing all usable ranged tr options and my guild now has one active player, me. Sucks.
    Again this ****?

    I tr-ed into archer since U45 and am doing quite nicely, in fact, I'm doing better than 2 lives ago when that toon was also ranged, and only real difference is one elf PL and one warlock PL, gear is mostly same.

    You people relied waaaay too much on IPS...

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    Again this ****?

    I tr-ed into archer since U45 and am doing quite nicely, in fact, I'm doing better than 2 lives ago when that toon was also ranged, and only real difference is one elf PL and one warlock PL, gear is mostly same.

    You people relied waaaay too much on IPS...
    You've got your perceptions of what's acceptable, they've got theirs. This guy had played ranger, rogue mech for years before inq came around, played inq awhile during the "ranged era", but spent a good amount of time doing non inq ranged as well. After U45 we did 2 past lives and he couldn't get ranged damage up enough to satisfy him, so he's gone. You can think 70% of last month's dps is awesome fun, doesn't mean anyone else has to pay for it or enjoy playing it. He played alch thrower 1-30, it was only any good at cap. He tried mech and inq, both significantly reduced unless you do archer's focus, which is utter trash for 1-29 overall due to loss of aoe damage. Really SSG's own fault, don't sell power and then try to take it away, because during the time the mad power is around it will become the new expected normal, I guess.

    I enjoy caster, melee, ranged, what I don't enjoy is being the last player in my guild, with no tr buddy and noone to group with in the times I play. SSG sucks at building a customer base, seems the best they can do is a temporary no TR surge on the HC, which is utterly useless to the TR players.

    I don't expect them to un nerf ranged. I don't expect them to back off the pay to win or the bait and switch. I don't expect them to fix the payment problems. I don't expect them to fix the lag. I do expect their ever loyal supporters to cry every time someone mentions a problem on the forum, though. That's one thing we can apparently count on around here.

  5. #5
    Community Member Graskitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bittergoat View Post
    I have a problem with an account.I put in a ticket and also sent an email to help.The email replied within 1 day.The ticket got merged in to the email.The email told me I had to pay some money to get the account back.I try to pay but xsolla says my bank declined the purchase,I call my bank,My bank says there is no problem with payment.I send another email to SSG.that was 3 weeks ago...NOTHING SINCE...AND I put in 2 more tickets and they keep merging the tickets into the email that doesn't respond...even after I wrote in the ticket"Please do not merge this request into the ticket because I am being run around in circles"There is NO phone number for STANDING STONE GAMES,so This is all I have to deal with,Funny how they responded to the email within one day,then after that about 10 emails i sent every other day have no response.And the tickets just merge into the email.It's sad,I am playing this game since 2007,this is how I am treated,I spend plenty of money on this game.I PM'd Cordovan and he sent me a helpful message one time 3 weeks ago,to get in touch putting in a ticket,but tried again and I am ignored.What does one do?OH BTW contacted xsolla same thing,they say try a diff bank card for use,but SSG says they will only accept the bank card on file,then xsolla doesn't accept payment for"security reasons".How does this place do business?How can I have an account for 13 years paying them money hand over fist and then be ignored like this.I have never dealt with a company that does business like this.Especially when I am being accused of breaking terms of service that ARE NOT EVEN THERE.I am disgusted at this point with this place.TURBINE at least had a phone number and if you had a problem people would help you.This place just ignores you and preys on new customers.


    I am not sure if it is a sensitive issue that you are unable to discuss on the forums, but what is the account issue that requires you to pay money to get the account back?

    do you mean that you lost vip status (subscription expired), and therefore you lost access to some of your characters?

    or do you mean that your account is locked and you are unable to access the account entirely?

    what is your country? I had some issue in making payment with a prepaid mastercard (a reloadable card which otherwise acts as a credit card) - the payment kept getting declined. eventually, I was able to get the prepaid mastercard registered through paypal, and then made payment through the ddo store through paypal. I do not know why the direct payment kept getting declined. have you tried paypal? (I am not sure if that is a payment option available in your country)

  6. #6
    Community Member Inanout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hamilton,ON,CA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    They have an F rating at the BBB for a reason.
    I think they need to change the leadership or actually have a leader who is grounded in reality.

    What company is happy to operate at an F rating?

    Why am I still here? Well friendships, and nothing else at the moment.

    I went from playing every day to once a week.

    Why, well one reason was seeing Lynn decide on the fly to change archers focus due to one player complaining mobs die to quick. But do they listen to a 80/20 poll.

    I wanted to be a fanboy and was one. Just not feeling anymore.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

  7. #7
    Community Member Drunkendex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Somwehere where there is LOTS of rakija.
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inanout View Post
    They have an F rating at the BBB for a reason.
    (Note: This post has been edited by Cocomajobo to make it less rude/trolling)

    This user does not appear to believe that using the Better Buisiness Bureau as a criteria for rating a company is useful.
    In addition, this user would like to note that Archer's Focus does not lose stacks when swapping to a different target.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 03-17-2020 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Trolling/Rudeness

  8. #8
    Community Member Fallout47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bittergoat View Post
    I have a problem with an account.I put in a ticket and also sent an email to help.The email replied within 1 day.The ticket got merged in to the email.The email told me I had to pay some money to get the account back.I try to pay but xsolla says my bank declined the purchase,I call my bank,My bank says there is no problem with payment.I send another email to SSG.that was 3 weeks ago...NOTHING SINCE...AND I put in 2 more tickets and they keep merging the tickets into the email that doesn't respond...even after I wrote in the ticket"Please do not merge this request into the ticket because I am being run around in circles"There is NO phone number for STANDING STONE GAMES,so This is all I have to deal with,Funny how they responded to the email within one day,then after that about 10 emails i sent every other day have no response.And the tickets just merge into the email.It's sad,I am playing this game since 2007,this is how I am treated,I spend plenty of money on this game.I PM'd Cordovan and he sent me a helpful message one time 3 weeks ago,to get in touch putting in a ticket,but tried again and I am ignored.What does one do?OH BTW contacted xsolla same thing,they say try a diff bank card for use,but SSG says they will only accept the bank card on file,then xsolla doesn't accept payment for"security reasons".How does this place do business?How can I have an account for 13 years paying them money hand over fist and then be ignored like this.I have never dealt with a company that does business like this.Especially when I am being accused of breaking terms of service that ARE NOT EVEN THERE.I am disgusted at this point with this place.TURBINE at least had a phone number and if you had a problem people would help you.This place just ignores you and preys on new customers.
    Please be aware that SSG appears to have been hacked. There are 'Invalid' TP codes and VIP codes out there. They are for sale on sites like E-bay. From what I can tell, from a recent player's experience is that they know the codes are hacked/invalid and instead of disabling them, they have tagged them to allow them to be turned-in.

    Once used, it takes about 2-3 days for the ban to occur. This player put in a ticket which was responded to by Anatres. It included a link where he was requested to pay for the TP he received from the invalid code. After doing so he waited 2 weeks for his account to be released with no response. He had AMEX recoup the money after 2 weeks of no responses and his ticket was auto-closed.

    He is done, unistalled after years of playing and buying top line packs. I was not going to share this story but it so closely matches the OP that I figure I should put it out there. Buyer be ware. Know where your codes are coming from. Gifting VIP subs and TP was a nice benefit in guild and family, but their lack of customer service and their shear customer contempt is leading to further destruction of the player base.
    HELTER SKELTER - GLAND

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    I am not sure if it is a sensitive issue that you are unable to discuss on the forums, but what is the account issue that requires you to pay money to get the account back?

    do you mean that you lost vip status (subscription expired), and therefore you lost access to some of your characters?

    or do you mean that your account is locked and you are unable to access the account entirely?

    what is your country? I had some issue in making payment with a prepaid mastercard (a reloadable card which otherwise acts as a credit card) - the payment kept getting declined. eventually, I was able to get the prepaid mastercard registered through paypal, and then made payment through the ddo store through paypal. I do not know why the direct payment kept getting declined. have you tried paypal? (I am not sure if that is a payment option available in your country)
    I am in the US.I can not log into my account at all,when i try it says invalid username or password.I was given point codes as a gift,these point codes come from DDO.They MADE THE CODES,then they tell me I used invalid codes..and I have to pay for the used codes.I didnt even use all the points.I told them charge me for the points used and take away the other points.In the EULA and TERMS OF SERVICE it says you can use points that are authorized by SSG.BUT THEY DO NOT give you a list of who is approved.So how am I supposed to know I did something wrong?So far,I've sent multiple emails,they responded to the first in 1 day....after that for 2 weeks they say nothing.I even tried to pay just to end this **** and get the account back.Now xsolla is not accepting payment from my card,after SSG says I MUST PAY WITH THE CARD ON FILE....then xsolla says send a screenshot of the charge we used to verify your account,but their charge only lasts 3 hours,so it disappeared from my bank records,so they are asking me to show bank records that they made disappear.It's like talking to one moron then another.On top of everything,SSG doesn't even have a phone number.So they will just keep ignoring the emails.I am about to get my lawyer into it.Firstly they suspended my account unlawfully,then they will not even let me make payment just to squash this whole thing.Absolutely ridiculous,what kind of business is this????...and yes,I tried paypal,my paypal account actually links to the same card(which they said i had to use) and still gets declined for "verifaction reasons" LOL PAYPAL has my ss number,if that dont prove its me then what does???
    Last edited by bittergoat; 03-15-2020 at 06:01 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout47 View Post
    Please be aware that SSG appears to have been hacked. There are 'Invalid' TP codes and VIP codes out there. They are for sale on sites like E-bay. From what I can tell, from a recent player's experience is that they know the codes are hacked/invalid and instead of disabling them, they have tagged them to allow them to be turned-in.

    Once used, it takes about 2-3 days for the ban to occur. This player put in a ticket which was responded to by Anatres. It included a link where he was requested to pay for the TP he received from the invalid code. After doing so he waited 2 weeks for his account to be released with no response. He had AMEX recoup the money after 2 weeks of no responses and his ticket was auto-closed.

    He is done, unistalled after years of playing and buying top line packs. I was not going to share this story but it so closely matches the OP that I figure I should put it out there. Buyer be ware. Know where your codes are coming from. Gifting VIP subs and TP was a nice benefit in guild and family, but their lack of customer service and their shear customer contempt is leading to further destruction of the player base.
    WOW! So you mean your friend actually paid them and they still didn't respond?This place is unreal.But ya,same thing,it was Antares that responded to the first message the next day,since then they haven't responded.I put in a few tickets,they keep merging the ticket into the email.I cant believe your friend paid,then they ignored him.These people gonna need a lawyer,If I cant get my account back ,Imma gonna fight for it,I have the money to do so.This is just utter ridiculousness,they can't treat loyal customers like this.I am not giving up an account I played and worked on for 13 years almost non stop,I only took a 2 year break in all that time.And did nothing wrong on top of it.
    Last edited by bittergoat; 03-15-2020 at 05:44 PM.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bittergoat View Post
    These people gonna need a lawyer,If I cant get my account back ,Imma gonna fight for it,I have the money to do so.
    Once you say this they cut off communications with you and their legal assets handle it, or so I've heard.

  12. #12
    Community Member Drunkendex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Somwehere where there is LOTS of rakija.
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    You've got your perceptions of what's acceptable, they've got theirs. This guy had played ranger, rogue mech for years before inq came around, played inq awhile during the "ranged era", but spent a good amount of time doing non inq ranged as well. After U45 we did 2 past lives and he couldn't get ranged damage up enough to satisfy him, so he's gone. You can think 70% of last month's dps is awesome fun, doesn't mean anyone else has to pay for it or enjoy playing it. He played alch thrower 1-30, it was only any good at cap. He tried mech and inq, both significantly reduced unless you do archer's focus, which is utter trash for 1-29 overall due to loss of aoe damage. Really SSG's own fault, don't sell power and then try to take it away, because during the time the mad power is around it will become the new expected normal, I guess.

    I enjoy caster, melee, ranged, what I don't enjoy is being the last player in my guild, with no tr buddy and noone to group with in the times I play. SSG sucks at building a customer base, seems the best they can do is a temporary no TR surge on the HC, which is utterly useless to the TR players.

    I don't expect them to un nerf ranged. I don't expect them to back off the pay to win or the bait and switch. I don't expect them to fix the payment problems. I don't expect them to fix the lag. I do expect their ever loyal supporters to cry every time someone mentions a problem on the forum, though. That's one thing we can apparently count on around here.

    (Note: This post has been edited by Cocomajobo to be less rude.)

    This user does not agree with the above quote based primarily on the following factors:
    - They appear to believe that the impact of the Improved Precise Shot nerf has been overblown
    - They appear to believe that the number of threads claiming doom for DDO whenever a change is made is evidence that segments of the playerbase is too reactionary.
    - They posit that part of the issue is players unwillingness to find groups outside of their own guild.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 03-17-2020 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Rudeness

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    I'm only active member of my guild and have been grouping regularly, there is no rule prohibiting grouping with people from other guilds (SHOCKING!!!).

    Also, have you tried changing guild? recruiting someone into your guild?
    I've made the same decision many others have, I just don't pay for DDO anymore. I don't want to work really hard to counter $$G's treatment of players new and old that drives most everyone away. It's honestly easier and more fun to just play something else.

    You're ignored btw, don't want to make OP's thread about how much you love $$G and how we should just find workarounds as they lock accounts and ignore communications, so don't bother responding.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Once you say this they cut off communications with you and their legal assets handle it, or so I've heard.
    they have cut off communications by not responding to me for 3 weeks.So I dont see where I am in a different standing.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bittergoat View Post
    they have cut off communications by not responding to me for 3 weeks.So I dont see where I am in a different standing.
    Yeah, kinda sucks, but now they'll point to that excuse if anyone asks why they aren't dealing with it... if they bothered to respond which they won't... guess you're right.

  16. #16
    Community Member Gniewomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    aaaa
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bittergoat View Post
    In the EULA and TERMS OF SERVICE it says you can use points that are authorized by SSG.BUT THEY DO NOT give you a list of who is approved.So how am I supposed to know I did something wrong?
    And where did you buy them? If it was a shop or any well known company you can always contact them with complaint. But if it was random forum user advertising on random forum "i've got super cool codes on sale, 10 bucks per 10k points, buy now!!!"... well, it's obviously not authorized and legit, but also there's high probability it might be a scam, no reason to be suprised about it.

  17. #17
    Community Member Graskitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    And where did you buy them? If it was a shop or any well known company you can always contact them with complaint. But if it was random forum user advertising on random forum "i've got super cool codes on sale, 10 bucks per 10k points, buy now!!!"... well, it's obviously not authorized and legit, but also there's high probability it might be a scam, no reason to be suprised about it.

    well, he said that he received the points code as a gift. maybe the person that had gifted the code bought them from those ebay listings which Fallout47 mentioned (I looked at those listings - the description is not in sync with the auction title, so it looks rather suspicious/fraudulent; the seller location was "Russian Federation" but there are Chinese characters in the item description)..... -_-

    if there is someone that is generating fraudulent/counterfeit ddo codes that actually work when you enter them in the ddo store, that probably should be addressed by SSG to warn the community about. but I would still be wary of receiving "gifts" on ddo codes... if you get a forwarded email from your friend that lists the code in the actual email product receipt from the DDO Market, that would probably be a lot more reassuring than receiving just a code itself. I am not sure when you buy DDO points or game time codes as a gift from the DDO Market whether the purchase lets you enter an email address to forward an official product code certificate guaranteeing the authenticity.

    the issue is that bittergoat is unable to get a recompense payment through (I am assuming via the DDO Market website since he does not have access to logging into the locked account) to unlock the ddo account. I have read past threads of people having issues with credit card payment authorization - the billing address can be very sensitive for purpose of authentification. I do not know why ssg told him that he needs to use the bank card on file. anyway, I hope you get this sorted out.

  18. #18
    Community Member Gniewomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    aaaa
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    well, he said that he received the points code as a gift. maybe the person that had gifted the code bought them from those ebay listings which Fallout47 mentioned (I looked at those listings - the description is not in sync with the auction title, so it looks rather suspicious/fraudulent; the seller location was "Russian Federation" but there are Chinese characters in the item description)..... -_-

    if there is someone that is generating fraudulent/counterfeit ddo codes that actually work when you enter them in the ddo store, that probably should be addressed by SSG to warn the community about. but I would still be wary of receiving "gifts" on ddo codes... if you get a forwarded email from your friend that lists the code in the actual email product receipt from the DDO Market, that would probably be a lot more reassuring than receiving just a code itself. I am not sure when you buy DDO points or game time codes as a gift from the DDO Market whether the purchase lets you enter an email address to forward an official product code certificate guaranteeing the authenticity.

    the issue is that bittergoat is unable to get a recompense payment through (I am assuming via the DDO Market website since he does not have access to logging into the locked account) to unlock the ddo account. I have read past threads of people having issues with credit card payment authorization - the billing address can be very sensitive for purpose of authentification. I do not know why ssg told him that he needs to use the bank card on file. anyway, I hope you get this sorted out.
    Well, as long as he wasn't attacked on the street by random, unknow person who gave him ddo points code, he can alwas contact the person who gave them to him and ask for details - where it was bought etc + help with complaint.

    Also im not assuming op is trying to lie, but the thing is we don't know the truth. If he bought them from obviously not legit source (personally i saw extremly cheap codes on one of trading mmo accounts and stuff like that sites) then i doubt he would admit it cause it would be proof of attempt to fraud and against terms of use.

    Also if there's someone generating fraud codes that work - i really doubt ssg would like to let everyone know about it. :P It's possible they can detect some of them, but if they're not able to detect all fraud codes - it could hurt their incomes one way or another (either by banning more people or simply lower official codes sales).

    Tho obviously i agree lack of help is unnaceptable, especially when it comes to stuff that require your personal bank data (after receiving any payment they got your account number etc). I might be a bit too careful, but if i had a choice: perma ban or giving ssg any of data connected with bank account (number, name, adress) - we'll, there're other games.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout47 View Post
    Please be aware that SSG appears to have been hacked. There are 'Invalid' TP codes and VIP codes out there. They are for sale on sites like E-bay. From what I can tell, from a recent player's experience is that they know the codes are hacked/invalid and instead of disabling them, they have tagged them to allow them to be turned-in.

    Once used, it takes about 2-3 days for the ban to occur. This player put in a ticket which was responded to by Anatres. It included a link where he was requested to pay for the TP he received from the invalid code. After doing so he waited 2 weeks for his account to be released with no response. He had AMEX recoup the money after 2 weeks of no responses and his ticket was auto-closed.

    He is done, unistalled after years of playing and buying top line packs. I was not going to share this story but it so closely matches the OP that I figure I should put it out there. Buyer be ware. Know where your codes are coming from. Gifting VIP subs and TP was a nice benefit in guild and family, but their lack of customer service and their shear customer contempt is leading to further destruction of the player base.
    If you buy codes from sources other than SSG you deserve what you get.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    If you buy codes from sources other than SSG you deserve what you get.
    That is a pretty ignorant comment IMO. First of all let me guess. You've never done anything wrong in your life? Secondly assuming we take his word for it he was gifted the points. Even if he wasn't (and I'm not saying it is ethically correct) but just for curiosity sake i read through the Eula/TOA (Over 10years playing and never done that!). I didn't see anything in there that said not to buy point codes from 3rd parties. And wouldn't steam be technically be a 3rd party? It does say that codes are non transferable though. So I guess he did break this rule. Though i must say my GF brought me a subscription years ago (which she learned to regret) so technically by giving me this I broke the rules.

    Lastly he seems to be trying to atone for this by paying whether he actually did anything wrong or not. Which brings us back to what the thread is actually about. SSG's lack of customer service. I think that their customer service is dismal at best. I had an issue ages ago and same thing. Complete lack of communications. It really wasn't that big of deal but in today world where it would take 15 seconds to write an email response and then everyone would be happy they just completely ignore you. It is very frustrating. Since then I have really reduced my play time and don't really spend any money on the game which is sad. I love this game. One of the best MMO imo and there is nothing else like it. Character development is amazing! But SSG seems intent on running it into the ground. As a long time player I have steadily seen the user base drop and I don't think it will be too long before the servers are empty. You would think that as such a company like this would put a little effort into customer service to maintain the user base. But that is just my two cents.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload