Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Epic Delera's a failure?

    Wiki hasn't been updated. Drops haven't been advertised. I haven't seen a LFG even though it qualifies for Reaper XP at end game. Did the developers just totally miss the mark on this one? Even the Lamaland forums aren't helpful. Not to mention SSG removed 95% of the Ghostly Skeletons which were unique to the chain.

    p.s. I'll wait for some replies because this should have been done better or placed on hold until a later update.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

  2. #2
    Community Member noinfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Wiki hasn't been updated. Drops haven't been advertised. I haven't seen a LFG even though it qualifies for Reaper XP at end game. Did the developers just totally miss the mark on this one? Even the Lamaland forums aren't helpful. Not to mention SSG removed 95% of the Ghostly Skeletons which were unique to the chain.

    p.s. I'll wait for some replies because this should have been done better or placed on hold until a later update.
    But it really does not qualify for end game reaper as it is not a native 30+ quest so does not get the bonus. No bonus no real interest. No end game gear. No real interest.
    Milacias of Kyber

    Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

    The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    394

    Default

    I think that is a mistake though. The xp is very good (on reaper) and they are quick zergs if you know what you are doing.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Lots of ranged builds around. Not the greatest pack for it

  5. #5
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Wiki hasn't been updated. Drops haven't been advertised. I haven't seen a LFG even though it qualifies for Reaper XP at end game. Did the developers just totally miss the mark on this one? Even the Lamaland forums aren't helpful. Not to mention SSG removed 95% of the Ghostly Skeletons which were unique to the chain.

    p.s. I'll wait for some replies because this should have been done better or placed on hold until a later update.
    It's a nice casual one-of at r1 for xp. The loot never had a chance due to the level placement, same with the catacombs. It's generally more of the fault of how epic works in DDO than the pack's fault. Was there need for this to be epic? No. It's just there to fill up room in the etr wheel. Was it a waste of developer time? No, I'd much rather do my one and done for favor of this chain at epic than on heroic, a ton of quests at that level range in heroic.
    Social Justice W...arlock
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3
    Okarinios Orgismenos: Hardcore Rage barbarian.

  6. #6
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,649

    Default

    I think it's going to get more popular once Legendary XP (and Legendary Past Lives) are introduced because we'll want to save the level 30+ quests for level 30+ at that point and Delera's will be a nice way to get from 29 to 30 on R1. Right now, we run Sharn and Ravenloft at 29 and that's more XP than we need to hit 30, so Delera's gets ignored.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Uh... because boring?

    I ran it once on Epic and yawned. They never should have Epic-fied both Catacombs and Deleras together. Visual dungeon snooze fests. Should have done Dreaming Dark/Inspiration Quarter along with Catacombs (which they could have legit made 29/30).

  8. #8
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,772

    Default

    It's great, they added quests at a level range where needed.

    I think this is more of a by-product of how many things SSG introduced in a short time - and people choose to focus on different things:

    1) Alchemist class and new past lifes
    2) Anniversary events
    3) 2 packs made epic
    4) A new hardcore season

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I think it's going to get more popular once Legendary XP (and Legendary Past Lives) are introduced because we'll want to save the level 30+ quests for level 30+ at that point and Delera's will be a nice way to get from 29 to 30 on R1. Right now, we run Sharn and Ravenloft at 29 and that's more XP than we need to hit 30, so Delera's gets ignored.
    I'm hoping they at least learn from their previous mistakes and make Heroic and Epic completions separate from Legendary completions so players arent pressured to "save" quests for later to maximize FTBs.

    That assumes, of course, that Legendary becomes a full separate mode at 31+ instead of just being "Super Epic" at 28.

  10. #10
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Its a great addition to the epic xp dailies the chain r1s a fast 500k

    The evoms great from 20-28 can't complain

    We all asked for these to be 30 but they wanted filler i guess
    Damonz Cannith

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Lots of ranged builds around. Not the greatest pack for it
    That's actually a good reason FOR Epic Deleras. People tend to gravitate towards builds that are well-suited for whatever content is popular or optimal. New gear, high XP, etc. If you focus your quest design on serving the popular builds, then that creates a feedback loop.

    Deleras is great for certain builds, ie non-squish AOE, and I think it'll see more popularity once people get back from HC and get their new THF builds up to Epic. All the people that always complain "melee has no role in endgame group content"...well here you go, an entire quest chain that's mob-dense and range-restricted, fire up a LFM

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I'm glad they added it . its basicly exactly like old delera's . when i am siting at 27 waiting to be 29 I get hella bored so it makes that transition easier .

  13. #13
    Community Member Kinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,250

    Default

    fwiw changing the unsoloable lever in delera's 2 alone made my day

  14. #14
    Community Member Mofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    790

    Default

    I like the fact that they made them epic, was not thrilled that they changed up the loot to chest rather than end reward, but have been adjusting to it.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

  15. #15
    Community Member DaviMOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Found it a bit rushed. Feels like there is something wrong with the loot, and little work done to adapat it compared catacombs that came with it.
    Said that is a nice filler , got another minor artifact for lvl 20-28 and became a much better buy having both heroic and epic difficulty.

    Lfg is a bit hard to find anything 25-28 in the server I play. Or it's early epics or it's endgame legendary content and this content just happend to be exactly there in that "desert" lvl range between both.

  16. #16
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    I haven't seen a LFG even though it qualifies for Reaper XP at end game.
    No, epic Delera does not qualify. Only lvl 30 and higher quests gets the 100% bonus on reaper XP, the Delera quests are lvl 27.

    So as other people say, you run them once on R1 or whatever for levelling. And who wants to? We have all done Delera hundreds of times. It is boring.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    I tried to fight for this pack to be made Legendary for the very reasons mentioned in this thread. But the devs didn't want to hear it.

    You don't see LFMs for this, or at least I don't. People ran it once, got their epic voice and have forgotten about it, or occasionally someone runs in while leveling. But the vast majority of the time, this pack is being ignored.
    Stratis on Khyber

    Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    587

    Default

    It's a great one & done quest for epic leveling, it's not in the 30+ epic reaper range for endgame farmers and there are only 2 really nice pieces of loot, so not much reason to farm. Exp is very solid for epic leveling though.

    Overall it's a great addition to the game.

    My one gripe is that it's a massive PITA to farm for any specific item, since you need to run the whole chain in orders unless you window farm it, this was fine for the old system where loot was in the end reward but it really sucks that if you're solo then you need to rerun the entire chain.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    545

    Default Thanks for the reminder!

    I'm on my 3rd epic life in a row, just trying to get back to 30 to ITR, and forgot about these! (Mainly because I never see LFMs). Well, that's going to change tonight! LFM going up and I am level 24 so perfect first time for catacombs

    Honestly, by the 3rd epic life in a row, it has been a drag to level, but this gives me hope!

    Nico

  20. #20
    Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    But it really does not qualify for end game reaper as it is not a native 30+ quest so does not get the bonus. No bonus no real interest. No end game gear. No real interest.
    Low level quests = no interest. Please delete anything low-level and let only quests level 20+ remain.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload