Community Member

Default Epic Destiny XP reset in all spheres after Reincarnation

Strap in. This post is longer than 6 words. All times indicated are US-Eastern, which is also Boston time.

I don't expect any personal benefit from this post, but maybe it'll help someone else, and if it does, that's enough.

Screenshots available upon request.

Fun Fact: When you open the Help window to try to read the FAQ or open a ticket or report a bug, there are no options displayed on the screen! You have to already know where the buttons are supposed to appear in the Help window and then run the mouse over that area to get them to draw.

Monday, 2 March '20, upon reaching level 20 again and going to the FateSpinner to set up my twists and begin Epics, I found all the Destinies greyed out and the Map View had the exclamation mark telling me that I should choose a Destiny to level up. The Tree view had Draconic, Magister, and FateSinger as options for me to choose.

Prior to getting Racial Completionist, I accumulated 15 Epic Past Lives and achieved Epic Completionist. The Epic past life feats still show up in my Past Life feats list and the stances (like Colors of the Queen and Skill Mastery) work. In the Epic Destiny Map view, I still have 6,000,000 karma in each sphere. My Destinies were full/finished, now they are exactly the opposite.

So, Monday I opened a ticket at 3p. I tried to concisely explain my issue with these words:
    "All my Epic Destiny trees have been reset. Each sphere shows the correct 6m Karma in Map view, but all the dots indicating progression within each sphere are dark and the Tree views show no Destinies claimed. I still have the 15 Epic Past Life feats that I earned, and four Twist slots."
    I stayed logged in until 6:45p and then logged out. At 7:27p the ticket was closed with this text:
    "03/02/20 07:27 PM The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...form_id=438007 to aid in the research of this issue. Please understand that while bug reports are great for gathering information, bug reports may not be responded to and may not offer an immediate resolution to your issue."

Tuesday 3 March 2020 I tried again. I knew other people had experienced similar problems and got sorted out because I Googled "DDO FORUMS EPIC DESTINIES LOST", then read some of the threads.

I opened a new ticket at 6:52am. In the Morning. I stayed logged in to the game, but not playing (because leaving something the way you found it until the person who can fix it looks at it is the polite thing to do) until CS contacted me in game 6:47pm. In the evening, 12 hours after I opened the ticket. I waited because I'd like to get this sorted out and didn't want the ticket to be closed because I had logged out. I was contacted by the same CSR that closed Monday's ticket.

CS asked some clarifying questions, asked for some screen shots, and updated the ticket at 6:56pm with:
    "The issue you have reported requires additional research and is being escalated for further review. We will contact you if we need additional information to investigate the problem, or if new details can be provided about this issue. At times, research can take several days as the In-Game Support team often works with other departments to find the appropriate resolution to your issue. Please be patient while we work to resolve this issue for you."
    I was asked "is there anything else we can assist you with" and I responded with:
    you could tell me what I can do to make this easier for you
    perhaps what I could have worded differently in the original ticket
    and how best to make myself available. I have stayed logged in since 6:52a EST so as to not miss a response from CS, but 12 hours is not a thing I can do every day.
    The response to this was:
    "The original ticket was closed as we needed you online to discuss aspects of the ticket and query the character"
    "Now that we have this in researching we will post you updates and you can tell us when you are next available"

And that was it for Tuesday.

Wednesday, no updates to the ticket. Plenty of people in game asked me why CS didn't have me stand at the FateSpinner and level up my destinies. No quests with the character - it's going to be fixed, right?

Thursday, 5 March 2020, no updates to the ticket. I googled "DDO FORUMS EPIC DESTINIES LOST" and added a comment to the ticket with links to three threads where someone had the same problem and indicated that it had been resolved.
    Haven't heard anything back.
    Here are some Forum threads at DDO.Com about problems that are the same as mine:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Reincarnation
    Resolution: "My epic destiny XP has been restored. Thank you very much to Cordovan, Gazebo and everyone else working silently behind the scenes"

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...iny-Experience Resolution:
    In-game support got to me after I raised a new ticket and they assisted with restoring my destiny experience.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...pic-Destiny-XP
    Resolution: Believe it or not, a GM responded after only 20 minutes and fixed everything. I'm still a little shocked that she even got a GM response on a Sunday night.

Hopefully this will make it easier for you to sort out how to help me move forward.
    At this point, I'm sure enough that I don't care what caused the problem as much as I care about fixing it, and that it looks like applying XP to the destinies will get them back where they were, so I do that and add another comment to the ticket.
    I selected a destiny (Draconic), and earned enough XP to advance it a little, and it applied correctly.
    I was able to select a Tier-1 enhancement, and the pips that connect one destiny to another started to fill in.
    Screenshots attached. https://ibb.co/[redacted] https://ibb.co/[redacted]

Friday, no updates.

Saturday, no updates.

Sunday through the following Thursday (12 March 2020), No Updates from CS.

I no longer expect this to be fixed through Customer Service. I can fix this myself by playing the game, and I'll start working toward that end.

It was disingenuous for CS to close the first ticket stating "the issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. and then on the next day say "The original ticket was closed as we needed you online to discuss aspects of the ticket and query the character". The second response was very likely also less than completely candid.

12 hours is a long time to wait in game for a response from CS. I know I didn't have to wait 12 hours for a response, but I checked around and if 12 hours is a long time, 11 hours and 55 minutes is 99.3% of a long time, which is a long time.

It's frustrating to have put that time in and not received any follow up on an issue that's been around for more than 7 years and for which other players have received resolutions within 20 minutes. Maybe it's this particular CS, maybe it's the state of the game now and customers should expect this.
    Last edited by Neils.Bohr; 03-12-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neils.Bohr View Post
    I no longer expect this to be fixed through Customer Service. ... Maybe it's this particular CS, maybe it's the state of the game now and customers should expect this.
    unfortunately, this is the position we should all start with when it comes to this game's CS

SSG just doesn't care

sorry to hear about your issues

Alkaid, Cordovan, someone from SSG see this and help out.

Cheers,
    Titus
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Any news?
    Except silence here.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Any news?
    Except silence here.
    No change in ticket status from CS.

It's been 10 days since the original ticket.

Someone suggested that the CSRs probably have a dashboard that prioritizes response time in order of [(Dollars Spent) / (Hours Played)], and if that's the case, I'm fine with it, however it would be polite to make this clear up front. I'm not currently a subscriber, but if being a subscriber would have put me in a higher priority queue ten days ago, I'd have bought some time.