Community Member

Default Sanctified Vial.. how much cleric does my toon need to use?

Ok 3rd alchemist life.. wanted to try Sanctified Vial.. currently 14 Alchemist 2 Cleric.. and still it says that I am the wrong class. Is this thing bugged?

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Quote Originally Posted by Xoetep View Post
    Ok 3rd alchemist life.. wanted to try Sanctified Vial.. currently 14 Alchemist 2 Cleric.. and still it says that I am the wrong class. Is this thing bugged?
    I have not played Alchemist, so this is just speculation.

It looks like it mimics the Banishment spell (6th level), and a common approach to coding in this game seems to be to borrow code when creating new abilities that duplicate older abilities. Perhaps the code treats you as casting Banishment and needs you to have enough Cleric levels, not simply a Cleric level?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    I have not played Alchemist, so this is just speculation.

It looks like it mimics the Banishment spell (6th level), and a common approach to coding in this game seems to be to borrow code when creating new abilities that duplicate older abilities. Perhaps the code treats you as casting Banishment and needs you to have enough Cleric levels, not simply a Cleric level?
    I don't doubt that they built this so stupidly but.. Sanctified Vial is a lvl 12 Alchemist spell and Banishment is a lvl 13 cleric.. if Alchemist is to be the dominant class then this is not possible.

Anyhow.. I'll finish this life.. be triple everything again and then play a class I enjoy..

/rant off

Wiki says that there's a bug in that the spell description says that being in a Divine ED will qualify you, but it does not.

Has anyone ever succeeded in casting this?
    Don't be a figjam.

I have a toon with 9ALC/1ART/1FVS and can't cast it either. Can one of the dev clarify the requirements for this spell, please?