Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default DDO is Getting Unicorns

Severlin dropped more information concerning DDO's plans for 2020 and beyond at PAX East. MMO Central provides a summary with video below:

http://www.mmo-central.com/2020/02/2...x-east-meetup/

DDO also has plans to get to level 40 over the course of years, so there is a partial answer concerning how the new level progression will work.

It's great to see that they still have pretty significant plans for the game. Interesting news; thank you for sharing.

Level 40 cap increase (I think players are going to have seriously mixed feelings about this one)
    Feywild expansion
    Possible player housing
    Last edited by Clemeit; 02-29-2020 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    It's great to see that they still have pretty significant plans for the game. Interesting news; thank you for sharing.

Also, huge news:
    Mega-servers - Future plans to implement guild transfers and open mega-servers
    Level 40 cap increase
    Severlin also discusses potential plans to bring psionics and githyanki to DDO with an Astral Plane expansion as well as the possibility of player housing. The DDO mega servers may not happen as SSG is still looking into the technical aspects of such a move, but there has been progress apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    SSG is still looking into the technical aspects of such a move, but there has been progress apparently.
    Ah, I see. After reading further down the page, I discovered that it's just a possibility.

Severlin also discusses potential plans to bring psionics and githyanki to DDO with an Astral Plane expansion as well as the possibility of player housing.
    Also, wow! Player housing would be super neat!
    Last edited by Clemeit; 02-29-2020 at 02:51 AM.

I shall prepare to gird my eardrums in the event of a unicorn mount, my niece will be overjoyed...
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Í want to ride a goat.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

Default Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Í want to ride a goat.
    I will like to have a chariot to go with my horse maybe a heavy chariot with blades on the wheels ha ha .
    Guild leader Thelanis - Rexit, Guild leader Gallanda -Rextexx, Guild leader Khyber - Rexwar, and former guild leader Argonnessen - Rexonater

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post

Level 40 cap increase (I think players are going to have seriously mixed feelings about this one)
    Feywild expansion
    Possible player housing
    For those of us who don't zerg the game and have not maxed out all of our epic past lives, it is just an extra burden to catch up.

But I doubt seriously if the developers give any consideration at all to any one who hasn't maxed them all out. We are just not that important.

It will be rammed down our throats with no regard to the lesser players or our concerns, as everything else has been.

Increasing the level cap is a seriously bad idea IMHO, especially if you drag it out UNLESS and I mean a big UNLESS it doesnt' take any extra XP AND you have content for it before it lands.

Now I can't see this happening because if it doesn't take more XP then why??? Also you would need the content to be basically almost impossible to complete without the extra levels otherwise they will be dead in the water with the level arrival. I mean you could release a level increase with a dozen or so quests to go with that increase but let's be honest the history for that just isn't there with DDO.

When they increased to 30 there was a larger population and a lot of players signaled it would be the end for them. People were walking away is such numbers that Turbine announced that 30 was as high as they were going to go. It was going to be the level cap and content was coming for it.

I fear this will lead to another exodus but then again I am sure the whales will stick around and pay pay pay and let's be honest that is the reason they are wanting to increase level cap.

2014 DDO Players Council

DDO also has plans to get to level 40...
    I was going to post something suitable negative about this horrible idea, but it's all been said, and devs don't care. They just want to push ahead with destroying what endgame we have. Are the eternal-TR-for-it's-own-sake people really the main source of income for DDO? Maybe so. I can't imagine any other reason they'd repeatedly spit in the face of any other play-style.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    ...Turbine announced that 30 was as high as they were going to go. It was going to be the level cap and content was coming for it.
    And some of us foolishly believed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

UNICORNS! WOOO!

Also yay, more hopes for psionics! I was hoping the next expansion would be psionics-based, but then we got alchemist and the feywild was mentioned, so I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

With the cap going to 40 maybe now is the time to grind out those last couple Iconic lives I've been missing before hand

Community Member

L40

It's so they can sell Epic and Improved Epic Otto boxes together. They previously said you can use both in one life. When both used and all possible xp bonuses, it comes to 10.2M xp (10.5M xp on 10% VIP weekend). So look for the xp to be around those numbers.

I had a lot of innuendo-y puns about all this... but mostly this news gives me too much trepidation to crack jokes. Which, as my wife would attest - does not happen often.

*sigh*
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Severlin dropped more information concerning DDO's plans for 2020 and beyond at PAX East. MMO Central provides a summary with video below:

DDO also has plans to get to level 40 over the course of years, so there is a partial answer concerning how the new level progression will work.
    Unicorns: WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!eleve n!!!

Level 40: Oh, ****. That's not good.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

rofl at everyone who thought they might go to Lvl 32.

33% MOAR LEVELS!!!!

Rather than increasing cap to 40 and having nowhere near enough quests to go with that increase {let's face it, even if they do it gradually they won't be able to build enough GOOD quests to fill out 10 new levels!}....Why not go with the original D&D Cap of 32 with the option of then earning Demigod XP {No future TRs or level gains after 32*} with the eventual endpoint of having your character immortalised as an NPC?

Then the players who have done it all on one character have a specific endpoint to aim for rather than having to come back and rush through 3more TRs every time a new race or class gets introduced!
    Most of those players have other characters too, That then can become their new mains when their first main is finished!

*At Lvl 32 a character could choose to either TR, Stay at Cap as a regular Lvl 32 character OR start earning Demigod XP...At which point that character could no longer TR ever again but would instead be pushing for the the final endgoal of actually WINNING THE GAME!
    Demigod XP should be hard enough to get {say Reaper 10 Lvl 30+ Quests, Raids, Challenges and Events is the only place it's available to earn} and of a large enough amount required to make the Race to be on that Leaderboard worthwhile.
    Something like 10 Demigod XP per Completion with a 10 million Demigod XP requirement

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Level 40: Oh, ****. That's not good.
    I actually agree on that.

Long term goal being level increase to 32 would be OK.

But 40?

What would at level dungeons be? PC going against Dark Six avatars? *sigh*

For once I'm completely AGAINST SSG plans...

Players complain that TR wheel is too much grind, and is putting new players off, SSG decides to further increase it.

I sure hope SSG has some, at least decent, plan, and not some further power creep (can't get players to farm new content if gear power is only marginally better, I mean just compare RL and Sharn ML 29 gear)

I could be wrong, and there is nice potential here, but unless SSG pleasantly surprises me, this is VERY bad plan.

On the other hand, if level increase forces SSG to give us better odds at getting leveling loot (just ransacked Legend revisited with 3 rerolls on each run and no Jibbers, got torch 5+ times, dart twice. HEY!!! Idea: let us exchange 10 torches for Jibbers, that would make farming jibbers actually something doable, losing 288 AS just to see torch has 50% appearance rate at EE is soulcrushing)

Community Member

Wow...as usual, SSG manages to do marketing EXACTLY THE WRONG way...

Why tell us that the level cap is going up to 40, over the course of years? All you're doing is making us feel wasteful for investing in cap characters, knowing its all going to be slowly made obsolete again until we finally reach the new "permanent" cap. Either do it all at once so we can get to cap again, or dont do it at all. Its going to be years of dissatisfaction now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    For once I'm completely AGAINST SSG plans...

Players complain that TR wheel is too much grind, and is putting new players off, SSG decides to further increase it.
    The only way I could see this being acceptable to the wider player base outside of those who TR every 3 days is if the Devs significantly decrease the XP requirements at all levels below 30 {Heck push up the requirements after 30 to silly levels if you wish but give the rest of the players a bone!}.

Someone asked in that video for Guild TRs - Again....That is only going to push the Farmers further ahead - I've been following guild levels long enough to know that a 6 man guild can level ridiculously fast if they wish to!
    Again - For me they'd HAVE TO reduce the costs of first time to Lvl 200 by at least HALF before adding a TR Wheel to Guilds! - Yes that means any guild that has already reached Lvl 175 {or is it 168 that's the mid point?} would be pushed straight up to Lvl 200.}.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast