Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    Thanks for the gem! Really cool that Cindy Robinson voiced it! Her voice is so wonderful, it really didn't need to be processed so much.
    I came here to say the exact same thing. I was so looking forward to hearing her, and then I heard what sounded like a voice distorted by some freeware on my Commodore 64. I was a little let down. It's kind of a shame to process her voice so heavily.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L30 VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    I came here to say the exact same thing. I was so looking forward to hearing her, and then I heard what sounded like a voice distorted by some freeware on my Commodore 64. I was a little let down. It's kind of a shame to process her voice so heavily.
    I feel likewise. I'm still grateful for the free gift but I feel most/all of her personality/voice quality has been lost due to the excessive over-processing. I am saddened.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member Highdracolich79's Avatar

Default re: Dragon Jewel

I would also like to just add another +1 to the minor* complaint that- it sounds like a mechanical robotic voice modulator was used (similar the Blackrazor jewel?) and if anything, Cindy Robinson's voice acting ability is so dang super good, I feel that crunchy modulation kind of detracts a little from her awesome talents IMO. thanks for the free gift though. peace. on a side note: there does seem to be more triggers and things this new jewel says, I've counted around 15-17 different lines which seems a bit more than any of the other sentient jewels so far. definitely a positive thing on that aspect of it.
    Last edited by Highdracolich79; 02-28-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Malicia sentient jewel means no more Malicia as an antagonist. I'd rather have her as an antagonist roaming free than trapped in a gem.

This is a pretty great anniversary gift.

Actually a Malicia sentient gem might be a lot of fun

Default Are my speakers broke!

Why does this GEM sound so BAD>... It is horrible. I was super excited when this was our gift for the 14th anniversary ... TR'd to my Alchemist life to get my Completionist back (thanks for that BTW :| ) , hit 20, grabbed my shinny new gem and put it in my shinny new throwing dagger and this putrid, horrible, wretched sound is expelled from my speakers! A deep, slow, tin-like rendition of what is supposed to sound like a female dragon!
    Originally I was excited, I mean now we'd have a female dragon (YAY), then this monstrosity. "Hey lets take a female voice, record all these sayings, then slow it down and take every bit of femininity out of it and pass it off as awesome... umm blah.. way to drop the ball on this one guys.
    Maybe on your next hot fix you can pop in there, take the voice changer up a few octaves and give us a nice sultry female dragon voice. If ya can't figure it out then call me, i'll re-record that for you and show you how a female, majestic dragon should sound.
    Last edited by SlordaxSigma; 03-01-2020 at 11:37 PM.
    Mini
    YAY!

Community Member

So I didn't get a Tenser's box because I thought something interesting might come up for the final week, but no sale at all?

Thumbs up Agree

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Malicia sentient jewel means no more Malicia as an antagonist. I'd rather have her as an antagonist roaming free than trapped in a gem.

This is a pretty great anniversary gift.
    Malica is the last real mystery in DDO.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Community Member

Thank you Kindly, but how to get the code ?

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    Thank you Kindly, but how to get the code ?
    I could tell you the code, but instead I'll tell you how to find it. Go to the FIRST message in this thread and read it. The information is there.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    I could tell you the code, but instead I'll tell you how to find it. Go to the FIRST message in this thread and read it. The information is there.
    Get it, Thank you so much~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234