Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    To celebrate our 14th anniversary we are giving all of our players a 14th Anniversary Dragon Sentient Jewel!

Here is the Coupon Code to redeem which will place the Sentient Jewel of the Dragon into your inventory:

HAPPY14

Code can be redeemed ONCE per Account (1/Account), so make sure you redeem the code on the server you wish to have the Sentient Jewel on. The Jewel is Bound to Account. This Coupon Code can be redeemed through December 31st, 2020.

Notes:

• Remember this code can be redeemed once per account, not once per account per server. Make sure to redeem the coupon code on the server of your choice!
    • This code can be redeemed on the Hardcore server if you want. Obviously be careful if the character dies to transfer it to the right place afterwards.
    • This Jewel has a temporary bug where it can be accidentally sold at a vendor. Don't do that. At the very least lock the item. The item will not be replaced by customer service. This bug will be fixed in the next game update.
    • This item, as with all Sentient Gems, is minimum level 20. It can be acquired by a character of any level.
    • The voice work is done by the one and only Cindy Robinson, who has done frequently-popular work with us for years now, including Menace of the Underdark, most of our Kobolds, and more. Hope you like it!

Thank you and Happy anniversary.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aoeusnth View Post
    Nice! Cindy Robinson has done some fantastic work. Can't wait to hear it.

(As a side note, I find it interesting how all the speculation about the anniversary reward being a cosmetic or pet was met with complete negativity, but sentient gems can be obtained easily in game so this is basically a cosmetic voice lol)
    I love this item. I especially love it as a gem for people who don’t have Ravenloft.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Thank you. Good choice for a gift.
    And Happy Birthday of course!!!

Any chance of uploading soundfiles? It would be nice to have every sentence on the wiki/compendium.

Cheers,
    Titus
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Default Dragon Jewel

I am looking Forward to the new Jewel see what it says Thank you interesting Birthday gift.
    Guild leader Thelanis - Rexit, Guild leader Gallanda -Rextexx, Guild leader Khyber - Rexwar, and former guild leader Argonnessen - Rexonater

Community Member

Default Underwhelmed

Does it come with filigree slots unlocked? Or sentient XP to upgrade it? Or can it be used to upgrade the WPM gear?

I don't care about voice work as I play with music on, or watching a show. I don't care about cosmetics either.

This appears to functionality be something granted for free once per life per character in Ravenloft. Thanks, I guess?

Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Happy 14 years DDO

wallpaper size
    https://imgur.com/78rlSro
    Last edited by Lagin; 02-26-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Happy 14th, everyone!
    Maybe next year, we will get a Sentient Dungeon Gem. Personally, I'd like either a The Pit, or Xorian Cipher Gem... but that's just me being me. Cheers!
    How about a Spawn of Whisperdoom gem, then?
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    Great. An anniversary gift that isn't useful to the whole player base. Thanks.
    simple, play epics and you will use it!

dude it's a gift!

I am happy to get a new chance to get to know another sentient jewel and to appreciate it's quirks.
    Khyber: Pinel / Laerak / Sibeli / Kaeral / Gilmara - Crafter

"A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

The voice work is done by the one and only Cindy Robinson, who has done frequently-popular work with us for years now, including Menace of the Underdark, most of our Kobolds, and more. Hope you like it!
    Big fan of her work with DDO, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, Bioshock 2, Mass Effects, various Ratchet & Clanks, etc.

Thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Who voiced Malicia again?
    Cindy also voices Malicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuddy View Post
    Big fan of her work with DDO, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, Bioshock 2, Mass Effects, various Ratchet & Clanks, etc.
    Fun fact I didn't know until recently: Cindy is also the voice of the Emergency Broadcast System in the Purge movies and TV show.
    Last edited by Knockback; 02-26-2020 at 05:01 PM.

To celebrate our 14th anniversary we are giving all of our players a 14th Anniversary Dragon Sentient Jewel!

Here is the Coupon Code to redeem which will place the Sentient Jewel of the Dragon into your inventory:

HAPPY14

Code can be redeemed ONCE per Account (1/Account), so make sure you redeem the code on the server you wish to have the Sentient Jewel on. The Jewel is Bound to Account. This Coupon Code can be redeemed through December 31st, 2020.

Notes:

• Remember this code can be redeemed once per account, not once per account per server. Make sure to redeem the coupon code on the server of your choice!
    • This code can be redeemed on the Hardcore server if you want. Obviously be careful if the character dies to transfer it to the right place afterwards.
    • This Jewel has a temporary bug where it can be accidentally sold at a vendor. Don't do that. At the very least lock the item. The item will not be replaced by customer service. This bug will be fixed in the next game update.
    • This item, as with all Sentient Gems, is minimum level 20. It can be acquired by a character of any level.
    • The voice work is done by the one and only Cindy Robinson, who has done frequently-popular work with us for years now, including Menace of the Underdark, most of our Kobolds, and more. Hope you like it!
    Ooooh yeah!
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Community Member

Thank you for the gem, this will be the first time in a couple years I've bothered to pick up the Anniversary gift

Quit complaining. It's an awesome anniversary gift, as it's a two fold purpose.

1) You can grab any named ML20 (unbound item from the AH, guild shared vault, etc), and attach it to it. This now becomes your portable waste disposal for any named (non augmented item) that you don't want. Build up some Sxp on it as you quest. Simply padlock and off you go.

2) Should you decide to get into epics, then at least you'll be able to undock the Sentient Gem from it's holding slot, and have something for your epic self to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    Does it come with filigree slots unlocked? Or sentient XP to upgrade it? Or can it be used to upgrade the WPM gear?

I don't care about voice work as I play with music on, or watching a show. I don't care about cosmetics either.

This appears to functionality be something granted for free once per life per character in Ravenloft. Thanks, I guess?
    If you don't want it, don't get it..

lol lol @ filigree slots unlocked.. This is DDO we have to grind.

-----------------

All that ^^ aside, awesome on the gem, and getting Cindy for the voice work...

Now we need.. "Hate Magnet, awwwww", A sentient gem for Baba ("shoo", etc) and the chap who does delirium
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien

"The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Why is my Search-Fu failing me?

Who voiced Malicia again?

Cindy Robinson... Did an Interview with her awhile back, ICYMI
    "Denn Die Toten Reiten Schnell"
    "For The Dead Travel Fast"

I think this is awesome but I'm concerned... as its only 1 per account, period, full stop. There needs to be some place to get more. Some of us still play multiple characters, some really wild folks play multiple servers. What if we really, really like this sentient personality and want it for more than one character? I'm not saying they need to give more free ones right now... I'm just saying I'd like to see this available again or elsewhere eventually.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Thanks!!!

HAPPY14

Notes:

Happy 14th!!!

Community Member

Default Tried the Jewel

Well, I tried it in my level 21 weapon that had a couple filigrees in it. I unslotted with 4 sentient toolkits and fed the old jewel to the new jewel.
    I have to say I'm underwhelmed. The voice sounds to me like it's "over-processed" (too much added FX). It's as if you tried too hard.
    If this is the person who did Malicia, then you should have just done a Malicia jewel instead.

I understand it's free, so a thank you is still in order, but count me as a non-fan. I'd rate it 2.5 of 5 stars or a "C" if I had to give it a grade.

It's true: Some people will whine about ANYTHING.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkysz View Post
    Ahhh...I was expecting a cake with quiver of alacrity...

The raid is basically dead. Making it hard to find more people to loot it and even harder to find someone who will pass the item...(I am talking about Cannith, the only server I play).
    I play on Cannith as well and understand the pain... tbh I plan to just get scoundrel lives instead.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast