Community Member

Default Melt Lock DC is wrong

For starters, thank you SSG for finally making Melt lock function after it'd been buggy and reported since preview 1.

That said, the spell description for knock check vs Lock DC is not accurate. Tested on a Alch with 47 Spellcraft. The base number being used to determine the skill check was 37+ d20 when it should have been 47+ d20 according to the skill (1d20+Spellcraft skill). Doesn't seem to be scaling the way it claims, so what is the actual scaling is not spellcraft+d20 as it claims?

Update: Appears to be the same DC as knock at caster level + INT mod. Please update spell description or modify to work as stated. Please and thanks
    Last edited by Xezom; 02-26-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    I'm a Bard... I don't just take down enemies... I do it with style!... oh and lots of Music Buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xezom View Post

Update: Appears to be the same DC as knock at caster level + INT mod. Please update spell description or modify to work as stated. Please and thanks
    This is what we got too, hopefully they change it to work as described in the description. Based off spellcraft will be much more useful
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Yeah, would have preferred them making it more like lock bash... have an animation where you punt a potion and uses a skill check rather than a short range knock spell. Have all the flavor in hopefully a mechanic that works.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)