Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 26th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Update: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, February 26th to release Update 45.2. Click here for the Release Notes.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-26-2020 at 09:58 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Thanks. Still hoping you find a way to let us pick the HCL1 rewards rather than the HCL2 rewards this time around if we missed those the first time

Edit based on replies: Not the exact same but something similar. E.g. "watery footprints" rather than "bloody footprints" etc. so it is still easy to tell which season the reward is from. This to further interest those that find the new rewards less appealing.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 02-26-2020 at 11:16 AM.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

From the Release Notes:
    'Smite Evil (Melee) and Exalted Smite (Melee) now lock you into the animation for a shorter period of time. '

That's good, but does that mean the ranged version of smite will still have the ~2 second animation that's like "Oh, yeah, great shot."
    Per Cocomajobo - Ranged has easy access to AOE - apparently 3 feats, BAB 11 and Dex 19 is considered easy access these days. post here

Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

Any time frame on when the free feat issue will be fixed for FvS? I still am stuck without being able to change any of my feats at Freddy's.....I do not even have an option to use Astral Shards or a Siberys Dragonshard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgemina View Post
    From the Release Notes:
    'Smite Evil (Melee) and Exalted Smite (Melee) now lock you into the animation for a shorter period of time. '

That's good, but does that mean the ranged version of smite will still have the ~2 second animation that's like "Oh, yeah, great shot."
    No, but not because of this note. First one on the list.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To be very clear, the change to IPS does not specifically have to do with Inquisitive overperforming. It is the result of evaluating the way that Ranged Weapon Users interact with the overall build meta and (especially) melees.

Community Member

Quick question regarding cleave changes in U45. Does Eldritch Knights Eldritch Strike and Eldritch Tempest gain attack speed/animation speed like "normal" cleaves do with haste/swf etc.? Can those 2 attacks double strike, and if they can, do we get double proc? Meaning 2 instances of aoe elemental/force damage? I tried to test it on my own, but I'm still low level after reincarnation and my doublestrike chance is quite low.

Very happy to see fixes to THF hitboxes, Cleaves, and Smite Evil animation.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgemina View Post
    From the Release Notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    No, but not because of this note. First one on the list.
    Awesome, thanks Steel!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new hit boxes for greataxes.
    Per Cocomajobo - Ranged has easy access to AOE - apparently 3 feats, BAB 11 and Dex 19 is considered easy access these days. post here

Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

Community Member dsmwhiteknight's Avatar

I think under Enhancements that "focused aim" is a typo and you mean "aimed shot".

I have never heard of or noticed a saga for the Soul Splitter chain. Is that referring to the end of chain reward or something else?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, February 26th to release Update 45.2. Click here for the Release Notes.
    How come the Paladin's KOTC Vigor of Life (+30 heal amp) doesn't give ANYTHING and it is not going to be fixed?
    I also asked with a few of my colleagues who are trying to make a paladin now, it doesn't work for them either.

When is it going to be fixed?

It is in T4 and T5 and missing a 60 heal amp is a lot.

I just cannot understand that so much was said about the "new paladin" but it really doesn't feel like it was properly taken care of to satisfy divine melee players.

Cheers.

Ps. And would you like to know why people don't talk about this bug so much? Because even after the update the Paladin is quite inferior to other classes and almost nobody plays it so people don't even notice that it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Malusny; 02-25-2020 at 08:25 PM.

"Dragonborn females will no longer fall through horses while drinking a potion."

That is easily the funniest thing I read today.

How about bank fixes? Item indexes I believe

Caypenne returns!! Yes!! Thank you!

Am sorry I missed seeing a DB female falling through her horse while drinking. That would've been chuckle-worthy.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Thumbs down Shouldn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Thanks. Still hoping you find a way to let us pick the HCL1 rewards rather than the HCL2 rewards this time around if we missed those the first time
    I'm definitely against this ^^

And I know of a few others who feel the same.

HCL1 was great, new and pure (e.g. we didn't know that we were used as Guinea Pigs for future nerfs).

So I wear those rewards proudly, since i was happy to have participated.

After seeing the way it will be now (more than 1/2 of the year w HCL, nerfs based on HCL) I will not wear or get any of the new rewards.

Since I know a few people (from my small group of in-game friends) that feel the same so there must be more who share my view, I say each HCL should have its own rewards and not a "mix and match".

You don't get the "Trophy for World Championship of (insert sports event here) 2015" in 2019 either.
    Last edited by Aeron1976; 02-26-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeron1976 View Post
    I'm definitely against this ^^

And I know of a few others who feel the same.
    I am also against offering HCL1 rewards now. I did not get any rewards from HC1 but it seems entirely reasonable to only get rewards for the competition you are participating in. Every HC should have unique rewards that have to be attained in that competition. Since the rewards are only cosmetic and do affect game play that doesn't seem unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Riffolk View Post
    "Dragonborn females will no longer fall through horses while drinking a potion."

That is easily the funniest thing I read today.
    Agreed, best update note.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

The game is like, back up and stuff.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Just logged on, checked thf strike box for Gaxe & Gswd, it's almost 180'. From 9 to 3 o'clock. Animation seams a little smoother as well.

Thanks

Under no circumstances will tomorrow's work "fix lag".

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I wasn't wanting the exact first HC rewards myself. But ones close to the first with minor changes. Specifically the red level 20 sash they could have just put a "II" in place of the I on the thing, but alas no joy. Not enthused by the new blue one and there is no way I'm getting to 10 reaper points for that new cloak so... I'm done, glad I didn't go all the way to 20 for nothing.
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtooth333 View Post
    I wasn't wanting the exact first HC rewards myself. But ones close to the first with minor changes. Specifically the red level 20 sash they could have just put a "II" in place of the I on the thing, but alas no joy. Not enthused by the new blue one and there is no way I'm getting to 10 reaper points for that new cloak so... I'm done, glad I didn't go all the way to 20 for nothing.
    Exactly the job i would assume takes about 10-15 mins to produce, clone item, open the texture's source image, recolor, add a +I, save output, swap image reference, link up the new item id to vendor id. Then again ~stuff can complicate ~things in software .
    There is no shame in pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast