Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sentient xp

Default sentient xp

i pulled a sentient xp from wpm.

i somehow managed to lock it (ok not somehow, i clicked mark as junk in sell window) and now i cant unlock it or eat it.

i have 1k xp staring at me in the face and i feel sad.

anyone know how to fix this?
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Some information is missing here:

1. Did you mark it as Junk originally? And so when you put in sell all junk it got added in to that selection?
    2. Did you mean you marked it as junk whilst you had a selection of junk in a Barter Window that was about to complete the transaction?
    etc

I can't really follow what's transpired other than you got a Sentient Jewel worth 1K Sentient XP from WPM and after doing "something", you can no longer use it. The unlock bit sounds weird here without further info.

Incidentally, I've NEVER tried this, but might be useful, if it's still Sellable, just sell it and then try and buy it back (since if it's "locked", in theory you can't just trash it).

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Some information is missing here:

1. Did you mark it as Junk originally? And so when you put in sell all junk it got added in to that selection?
    2. Did you mean you marked it as junk whilst you had a selection of junk in a Barter Window that was about to complete the transaction?
    etc

I can't really follow what's transpired other than you got a Sentient Jewel worth 1K Sentient XP from WPM and after doing "something", you can no longer use it. The unlock bit sounds weird here without further info.

Incidentally, I've NEVER tried this, but might be useful, if it's still Sellable, just sell it and then try and buy it back (since if it's "locked", in theory you can't just trash it).

J1NG
    1. I misclicked in the sell screen - was trying to lock it so i didnt accidentally sell it. - nothing happens when i say add junk
    2. see above

finally it doesnt appear in sellable window anymore
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Try changing your inventory screen to list view, that has let me lock and unlock sentient xp in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Try changing your inventory screen to list view, that has let me lock and unlock sentient xp in the past.
    that worked - kinda. after several logins and outs it worked

TY!

Systems Designer

Ugh, I've been meaning to dig into this. This is the same reason they sometimes get stuck in chests. I think they're missing some fundamental property that defines them as an item... ugh. Gross all around. I'm glad you were able to figure it out.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Ugh, I've been meaning to dig into this. This is the same reason they sometimes get stuck in chests. I think they're missing some fundamental property that defines them as an item... ugh. Gross all around. I'm glad you were able to figure it out.
    I think the real reason is simpler. Like the Sentient Weapons, they also possess some Sentience, and a slight aversion to being eaten. So when they get the chance, they stubbornly become inaccessible.

Once you've been playing with sentien xp, can you restore their original drop rate in WPM? Because it was definitely reduced just before Sharn xpack.

And let no one talk about luck, because the difference in drop rate is huge. Once, on average 1-3 sentient xp flew for one run, now 0-1, with a setting of 0.
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    Once you've been playing with sentien xp, can you restore their original drop rate in WPM? Because it was definitely reduced just before Sharn xpack.

And let no one talk about luck, because the difference in drop rate is huge. Once, on average 1-3 sentient xp flew for one run, now 0-1, with a setting of 0.
    The effort it would take me to reduce drop rates like this would be pretty astronomical and for literally 0 gain. It hasn't changed since release. Why would I spend all that effort just to make ddo worse? :) it's not really my MO

Depends on perspective I guess.
    DDO seems worse to me.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

when they get stuck in chests, I manually drag and drop them into my inventory and that seems to work. I usually consume them immediately as I am worried they will get destroyed in some enemy attack.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (eventually 17)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

The effort it would take me to reduce drop rates like this would be pretty astronomical and for literally 0 gain. It hasn't changed since release. Why would I spend all that effort just to make ddo worse? it's not really my MO
    I'm not saying it was you, it could have been done by someone else from the team, or it could have been an "unexpected" effect of uploaded changes.

In the end, it's a very strange situation, the drop rate is much lower than it was and nobody changed anything ... yeaaah right ...
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

I'm not saying it was you, it could have been done by someone else from the team, or it could have been an "unexpected" effect of uploaded changes.

In the end, it's a very strange situation, the drop rate is much lower than it was and nobody changed anything ... yeaaah right ...
    A) You were getting lucky before
    or
    B) You are getting unlucky now

That's the thing with RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I usually consume them immediately as I am worried they will get destroyed in some enemy attack.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, bound items can't be destroyed by enemy attacks, can they?
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, bound items can't be destroyed by enemy attacks, can they?
    Looted SXP stones can be traded, but items do need to have durability/hardness in order to break, which is why we don't lose xp pots/stones and such to combat. They have no durability/hardness, so they can never be struck.

Systems Designer

Sorry dude, but the drop rate just hasn't changed. No one but me on the team touches update drop tables, and I can guarantee no one snuck in a window to nerf drop rates out of spite.

Time Bandit
    DDO Players Council

The effort it would take me to reduce drop rates like this would be pretty astronomical and for literally 0 gain. It hasn't changed since release. Why would I spend all that effort just to make ddo worse? it's not really my MO
    There may still be a legacy system in the game that artificially bumps drop rates of named items in new content during the first week to 10 days of a new content release. That system certainly existed in the 2000s ...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    They can.

I've often had scrolls from the guild vendor destroyed. They are BtC.

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    items do need to have durability/hardness in order to break
    Tell that to my Dimension Door scrolls...
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Sorry dude, but the drop rate just hasn't changed. No one but me on the team touches update drop tables, and I can guarantee no one snuck in a window to nerf drop rates out of spite.
    Just a shot in the dark here: I assume the RNG has been checked to make sure it doesn't have any unintended dependencies? I honestly can't see a mechanism by which it could be influenced in such a consistent way, but a minor shift towards one end of the table or the other COULD produce the effects reported without the drop tables being changed.

My personal feeling is that it's just confirmation bias, but I've seen weirder things happen in games. And before anyone complains about my use of the phrase "JUST confirmation bias," this is simply how human brains work. The entire history of science and superstition is our brains being very good at finding patterns. Sometimes those patterns mean something , sometimes they don't, but the more confirmations our brains gather before they encounter contradictory information, the harder it is for us to NOT accept the pattern as true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast