Default Anniversary Rewards??

Are any of them worth the bother? I scanned through them several times and didn't see anything but I'm not the best judge of equipment by far.

Thanks.

Assuming you meant the ones buyable with party favor.

The forum posts are amazing for nuking casters (sorcs for example). I am using those quite a lot.

If you want to be a knife thrower I reckon the throwing knives are as good as it gets for 1-28.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Community Member

Garbage, pretty much all of it. Unless your a new player and dont have any other named or decent gear yet.

I dont know why they keep having these events and releasing obsolete gear with them.

For the most part the rewards are meh. But some that are good in my opinion are:

- 12 sided die, especially for non-UMD characters.
    - Kobold sentient just in case you don't have it yet.
    - Some of the gear is good for select levels.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Community Member

forum posts are definitely okay.

as others have stated, forum posts, I use the d12 all the time even on classes that can scroll teleport easily, kobold gem, possibly the coffee flask if you ever think you might want to play a tank. If you have extra favors buy a pile of the raspberry linzer cookies.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    forum posts are definitely okay.
    Dunno, I swap hand items all the time, for this reason I don't like the hp/sp on weapons/shields at all..., for a starter character these are okay I guess. I could like the festive ability cookies if the Cookie Jar accepted them, and the duration / price ratio was improved by a lot. ~like: 1 hour per cookie.
    There is no shame in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Dunno, I swap hand items all the time, for this reason I don't like the hp/sp on weapons/shields at all..., for a starter character these are okay I guess. I could like the festive ability cookies if the Cookie Jar accepted them, and the duration / price ratio was improved by a lot. ~like: 1 hour per cookie.
    The wizardry effect isn't that important though at lower levels where a Ioun Stone with 200 beats anything else anyway.
    At level 20 I have yet to find anything better for a nuking sorc that has both desired stats and the ability to slot a sentient gem.

My character has ~80 PL so I wouldn't call it a starter one

Please though, if you have better suggestions than Forum Post + Ioun Stone for lower levels or Forum Post for level 20 for a nuker build I am curious to hear.
    Danskerne

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    At level 20 I have yet to find anything better for a nuking sorc that has both desired stats and the ability to slot a sentient gem.

Please though, if you have better suggestions than Forum Post + Ioun Stone for lower levels or Forum Post for level 20 for a nuker build I am curious to hear.
    Boarderland scepters are 10x easier to farm, available year round and just as good or better as long as you can get insightful evo somewhere else IMO.

ML 20 purchasable weapons
    Weapons purchasable at Morten Edgewright. BtA, eligible for Sentient Weapon upgrades.

Epic Sceptre of (Element): +6, +16% (Element) Lore, +111 (Element) Spell Power, +55 Insightful (Element), +97 Insightful Wizardry, Empty Red Augment Slot Icon tooltip.png
    Comes in Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic, Light, Positive, and Negative flavors. Requires one Epic Arcane Ingot per Sceptre.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_44_named_items
    Last edited by Swimms; 02-19-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    It is all good if you like that setup.

Borderlands scepter works for me:

Epic Sceptre of (Element): +6, +16% (Element) Lore, +111 (Element) Spell Power, +55 Insightful (Element), +97 Insightful Wizardry, Empty Red Augment Slot Icon tooltip.png
    I used to use an Epic Ring of Elemental Essence, but these days I only care to slot a +150 augment at 20 and keep upgrading the augment unless some higher level wizardry fits in naturally.

The trinket slot is too valuable for me to slot a trifling ioun stone :P . We can have much superior casting stats slotted thru CC. Bauble, Eardweller, Dusk and the PLIS also conflicts with a trinket swap, however that is bad for pretty much all trinkets with important stuff on it :P

I dont really equip for lower levels, for me it feels like a waste, but I dont have opinion for those who want the best level 5 mage, go for it .
    There is no shame in pain.

Community Member

Borderlands scepters are good as well. Costs 995 DDO points though.
    The Wizardry part is indeed a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    It is all good if you like that setup.

Borderlands scepter works for me:

I used to use an Epic Ring of Elemental Essence, but these days I only care to slot a +150 augment at 20 and keep upgrading the augment unless some higher level wizardry fits in naturally.

The trinket slot is too valuable for me to slot a trifling ioun stone :P . We can have much superior casting stats slotted thru CC. Bauble, Eardweller, Dusk and the PLIS also conflicts with a trinket swap, however that is bad for pretty much all trinkets with important stuff on it :P

I dont really equip for lower levels, for me it feels like a waste, but I dont have opinion for those who want the best level 5 mage, go for it .
    Borderlands weapons are great too for level 20, you will get no argument there. I find it harder to slot the +2 ins evoc dc than insightful spell power but that is a matter of preference. That hardly makes the forum post bad though as the two options are quite similar.

For lower levels (up to 15 at least) using the Ioun Stone for buffing and the first few nukes till the extra spell points is gone and then swapping to something else is superior in my book but to each his own.
    Danskerne

Broccoli and Brussel Sprout Beater are nice one handed epic ooze fighting weapons. I can get oodles of free sentient gems in RL, but the kobold really makes me smile. Shame that they had to make it such a grind to get one. Banhammer is fun for its level.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snook59 View Post
    Are any of them worth the bother? I scanned through them several times and didn't see anything but I'm not the best judge of equipment by far.
    Steel's Eternal Flask of Soothing Happy Calm Times Coffee looks pretty great if you're a DPS toon raiding; means you won't pull aggro from a tank, which is pretty great.

Steel's Eternal Flask of Icy Pumpkin Coffee for runearm charge rate might be worth it as well? I don't run Artificers though.

Severlin's Leaden Boots might be worth grabbing if you're a melee main, for fighting Air elementals.

And of course the D12 lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.