Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 19th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, February 19th to release Update 45.1. Click here for the Release Notes.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-19-2020 at 10:44 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Thanks for fixing Titan.

btw: Titan Awakes not Titan Attacks.

Cheers,
    Titus
    Last edited by TitusOvid; 02-18-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, February 19th to release Update 45.1. Click here for the Release Notes.
    Since some of the release notes on Alchemist are incorrect, could we please have an official list of what Alchemist is supposed to have? I expect that what went live is probably what it's supposed to have, but since that doesn't match the release notes, is there a way someone could please check through the release notes compared to what went live and list which version (release notes vs. in-play actual) are supposed to be correct?

I know that making patches takes a lot of work, but it would be nice to know which things in Alchemist are different because the release notes weren't updated vs. which things in Alchemist are different because they're bugs.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

So HCL2 starts tomorrow after the update. Same exact rules as season 1, including VIP only
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

If possible, take a look at the new shield from anniversary party (Artemist Aegis).
    Looks a little weird (looks like it is strapped at the hand, not at forearm - Half Orc if matters).

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ballrus; 02-18-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    ...Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Since some of the release notes on Alchemist are incorrect, could we please have an official list of what Alchemist is supposed to have? I expect that what went live is probably what it's supposed to have, but since that doesn't match the release notes, is there a way someone could please check through the release notes compared to what went live and list which version (release notes vs. in-play actual) are supposed to be correct?

I know that making patches takes a lot of work, but it would be nice to know which things in Alchemist are different because the release notes weren't updated vs. which things in Alchemist are different because they're bugs.
    I 2nd that. Majority of spells are completely different from what U45 release notes say, and while it's a positive in some cases (crowd control spells, cooldowns are much shorter while costing more SP) it's massive nerf in every other aspect. Especially crimsonite damaging spells. Instead of being cool, unique effect spells (molotov as circular firewall, hearstopper poison being aoe dot, etc. etc.) they are all just diferent colours of fireball. Like what's even the point of using different spells when they do exactly the same, escpecially when you unlock t5 in bombardier and make everything take your favorite type of damage? I didn't test class on Lamania, were those spells the same there? Or did they change them into this uninspired boring thing just before rolling patch out?

Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Will the Anniversary Gift be available w/ update?

Under no circumstances will tomorrow's work "fix lag".

Phooey, I was hoping you'd add quicken to the list of metamagics that curative admixtures can use.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Jeez Crapsticks!

I was hoping for a bit of warning for Hardcore.... so that I could plan my free time.
    Starting it "just like that" is.... sad.

Well anyway.
    Don't tell my boss it is starting.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Augment Armor now properly uses a Deflection bonus to Armor Class.
    So wait, it's supposed to be deflection? I figured just the desc was wrong. So Augment Armor and Stiffen Skin both grant a deflection bonus? Is that right? And given how common deflection items are in mid to late-game, that kinda sucks. Guess I can dump those two spells. And the SLA for that matter.

Seems to me that Stiffen Skin should grant a natural armor bonus, so it doesn't just get overridden by Augment Armor and offers more itemization options.
    Last edited by Draxis; 02-18-2020 at 05:43 PM.

too soon for Hardcore season 2

and why are you over lapping the anniversary event? Please space them out better so you do not overlap, you do not have that many events
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post

and why are you over lapping the anniversary event? Please space them out better so you do not overlap, you do not have that many events
    We haven't even received the anniversary gift yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Agreed. This is far too soon imo. My feelings are mixed, leaning more towards disappointment.

"Gnomes no longer get an incorrect 10% Sacred bonus to max hit points when they take Blur."

Drat, you foiled my plans to make a R10 gnome tank
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    I am the dumb.

Agree, now we have to live with low server populations again for 3 months
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    I am the dumb.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    So HCL2 starts tomorrow after the update. Same exact rules as season 1, including VIP only
    Just more proof that premium/f2p is considered second class to the Devs. Well, at least the low pop servers won't bother me much.

Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

... Update 45.1 ...
    Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll sneak in fixes for Coccoon (quellable now), quicken/admixtures (nice stealth removal nerf there), restoring IPS so we can get some dignity back,
    medium ranged set armor (still none), stealth (still broken apparently), potions randomly going straight up in the air, putting the actual MIGHT back in divine might...

... and maybe... someday... they'll post a single build they use, so WE can do comparative testing on Lam instead of dealing with this "... we're happy where ..." end-of-discussion scenario.
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

I did not see anything about fixing:

NHB and Endless Fusilade warmup is still 3 seconds. It was supposed to be set so that both now had a warmup, but only about half what Fusilade was. What happened to this plan?

IPS is blocking Stand and Deliver (Shiradi Champion). Is this in the queue to be fixed?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post

btw: Titan Awakes not Titan Attacks.
    Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. It frustrated me more than it should have, but it's just par for the course at this point.

With all this persistent and wide spread disdain and hate directed at HCL
    you would think nobody would be there...should be a ghost town.

But it is not.

That tells me the intense dislike is coming from a very vocal minority.

If you don't like it don't play it.
    and yes, we know some of you don't like it.

But look on the bright side, a whole bunch of us that like permadeath
    would never group up with you on a normal server anyways...you will not miss us.

Just play like normal

peace

Premium - they do sell game time cards if subscriptions are not your thing

Dev. side note. - maybe you should sell a 90 game card + 10 free extra days! in market to cover
    the Premium player HCL needs. 90 for league and 10 extra to clear out.
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 02-18-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast