Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60
  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, February 19th to release Update 45.1. Click here for the Release Notes.
    Re: Hardcore League.

    How can you define it as hardcore when you can twink and pay to win? Absent tabula rasa it should be "Powder Puff League".


    If it were truly hardcore it would be a level playing field based on skill alone... which is what most permadeath guilds/players have been doing since launch. It seems an attempt to emulate the permadeath concept absent the "honor" of the concept. Personally, I'd participate if the hardcore server had no item merchants, shared bank, astral shards, auction house, etc. Just the players skill and the gear you pull as you quest.


    If you were to make such a Permadeath server, the "residents" of that server would dominate a true Hardcore League. Financially speaking there isn't any carrot for SSG, PR would be in spades, but not so much revenue.


    I'd mostly be mob fodder because I do not have a system that can run smooth enough to not lag or lock when mobs and bloom effects fill the screen, but I'd still play
    Paladin Strormcrow

  2. #42
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post

    Dev. side note. - maybe you should sell a 90 game card + 10 free extra days! in market to cover
    the Premium player HCL needs. 90 for league and 10 extra to clear out.
    They kinda did. I just bought a 3 month subscription, which starts on the first day of HC and lasts until about a week after. Assuming I can transfer characters in that window, that's a pretty good fit.
    Cilon can be found on Orien.
    Currently alive on HC as Ransack.

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaalaos View Post
    I 2nd that. Majority of spells are completely different from what U45 release notes say, and while it's a positive in some cases (crowd control spells, cooldowns are much shorter while costing more SP) it's massive nerf in every other aspect. Especially crimsonite damaging spells. Instead of being cool, unique effect spells (molotov as circular firewall, hearstopper poison being aoe dot, etc. etc.) they are all just diferent colours of fireball. Like what's even the point of using different spells when they do exactly the same, escpecially when you unlock t5 in bombardier and make everything take your favorite type of damage? I didn't test class on Lamania, were those spells the same there? Or did they change them into this uninspired boring thing just before rolling patch out?
    I second this, all of the level 3 spells have totally different descriptions in the release notes but do a big aoe generic attack on live. Was super disappointed when I got to this level, the acid and lightning were meant to have dots and cold was a spike and freeze while fire got a firewall type effect. There was also meant to be a a poison breath spell but that never even got added iirc. There are also many confusing save texts on crimsonsite and gildleaf spells, like says fort save at the top, reflex at the bottom. i also wonder if all of the spells are in the right school, seems totally random whether they are conjuration or transmute. Additionally there are several spells that were not even on the release notes. iirc level4 has a blessed vial or some such that requires you to take divine levels to use to throw holy water.

    Additionally the spells chosen for bombadier enhancement tree are truely terrible. I cannot see anyone actually spending 3 points on an obscuring mist pot that burns away with fire damage anyhow. smoke bomb feels the same. The level 1 vial is nice, but unless you go tiefling or gnome you only have 1 sla until level 12. The spells costs are high and the spell points are low on the class. It makes the low level experience pretty bad.

    Fix the level 3 spells to their original descriptions so that alchemist has some actual interesting damage options because they already have a generic fireball available at 12. then add one of the aoe damage pots from level 2-3 to the tree instead of the current SLAs.
    Alkkarn Alkkine Alkine Roubot Alkot Alkky
    On argo cuz its better than you!

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Wait, did they just screw up KoTC again?

    Righteous Command is supposed to be a morale bonus.

    From the dev who wrote the damn code

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6290253

    Ah, it's actually been replaced by a different enhancement and I reused the cool new icon for Righteous Command (a new level 2 spell).

    Oh, and quick update: Righteous Command is now a Morale Bonus to avoid conflicts with Divine Crusader and the Tier 5 capstone. Thanks for the feedback so far, if you have anything else to add please let us know
    Yet the U45.1 notes say "correct Sacred Bonus".... like KoTC already gets Sacred Bonus Melee Power from it's tree why would they make this stuff non-stacking?
    Illustration of a Gnome Inquisitive!


  5. #45
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    They kinda did. I just bought a 3 month subscription, which starts on the first day of HC and lasts until about a week after. Assuming I can transfer characters in that window, that's a pretty good fit.
    How long was the wait after the first HC ended until they opened it back up for transfers off? I hope you're not cutting it too close.


  6. #46
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    You can sorta see them here: https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/fi...th%20title.jpg

    Helm has an overbite, cloak has some nice translucent wings. Maybe.
    Kinda ugly imo. Hopefully I can score a horse AND it looks cool.
    Cilon can be found on Orien.
    Currently alive on HC as Ransack.

  7. #47
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by palladin9479 View Post
    Righteous Command is supposed to be a morale bonus.
    Some wires got crossed and we donked up the tooltip. Should still be a Morale Bonus in game. I've re-re-fixed the tooltip (game design amirite) and it'll be in the next patch - in the meantime, the wording will be Sacred but the actual buff is Morale.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  8. #48
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Saaluta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A land that I heard of once in a lullaby
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Some wires got crossed and we donked up the tooltip. Should still be a Morale Bonus in game. I've re-re-fixed the tooltip (game design amirite) and it'll be in the next patch - in the meantime, the wording will be Sacred but the actual buff is Morale.
    Thank you, Lynnabel

    Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

  9. #49
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    Just more proof that premium/f2p is considered second class to the Devs.
    Same as in any business, you act like this is inherently bad or some sort of revelation. There is a reason it is called VIP. Think about it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    You can sorta see them here: https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/fi...th%20title.jpg

    Helm has an overbite, cloak has some nice translucent wings. Maybe.
    I like the cloak, the helm not so much. thanks for the link!



    Quote Originally Posted by Velenfein View Post
    Edit: and if you join hardcore and you start buying tomes, potions, anything that gives you an advantage toward others, then you are not playing hardcore, you are "paying" for more chances to obtain your cosmetic. Devs will love you of course, and you will be proud of yourself, knowing that in ddo, money gave you a great starting advantage.
    This is not a news flash, everyone is aware. It does, however, sound like sour grapes toward anyone who can afford these advantages.



    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinStormcrow View Post
    How can you define it as hardcore when you can twink and pay to win?
    Because compared to the other servers, it's harder. No room for mistakes, you die (lag, zerger in the party, cat spilled coffee on your keyboard, 12 champs and 5 reapers spawned at the same time, etc.) and that character can no longer compete for the prizes. You have to start over, and pay again for any advantages you bought on the first toon.

    I don't get why everyone is hung up on this point.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Some wires got crossed and we donked up the tooltip. Should still be a Morale Bonus in game. I've re-re-fixed the tooltip (game design amirite) and it'll be in the next patch - in the meantime, the wording will be Sacred but the actual buff is Morale.
    Thanks Lynnabel, was really confusing. I don't seen any mention of Ascendancy being fixed for Evil Outsiders. Currently it only procs on some but not others, I'm thinking it's only working on Chaotic Evil because it doesn't proc on Reapers which are Lawful Evil but does proc on some demons. It's actually acting like Censure Demons (Chaotic Evil Outsiders) instead of Censure Outsiders (All Evil Outsiders). So I can stun a Fear Reaper on a vorpal but Ascendancy won't proc on that same Fear Reaper, which I don't think is WAI.
    Illustration of a Gnome Inquisitive!


  11. #51
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    20

    Default

    should be rename to the cash money grab league.

  12. #52
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    27,583

    Default

    The game worlds have reopened.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  13. #53
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    WOOOT Titan is fixed!!!!!! Thank you sooo much. Now make an epic version of it. I'd say 24 so you can take lvl 30's in there on reaper but the raid loot is mid epic levels.
    Great job,
    Rawel

  14. #54
    Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Still no info about that rumored Anniversary Item ? Ouch. Means I'll have to wait for the 28th, I fear ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

  15. #55
    Community Member DRoark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    268

    Default Yeah, Right

    Wait a couple months, maybe we'll see a Mega-VIP package. They'll sell us back everything they keep "fixing", and advertise it as a P2W upgrade package.

    Like actual divine might, IPS, admixture quicken metamagic, quell-proof cocoon, functional stealth, potions that don't go straight up when thrown....
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

  16. #56
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkot View Post
    I second this, all of the level 3 spells have totally different descriptions in the release notes but do a big aoe generic attack on live. Was super disappointed when I got to this level, the acid and lightning were meant to have dots and cold was a spike and freeze while fire got a firewall type effect. There was also meant to be a a poison breath spell but that never even got added iirc. There are also many confusing save texts on crimsonsite and gildleaf spells, like says fort save at the top, reflex at the bottom. i also wonder if all of the spells are in the right school, seems totally random whether they are conjuration or transmute. Additionally there are several spells that were not even on the release notes. iirc level4 has a blessed vial or some such that requires you to take divine levels to use to throw holy water.

    Additionally the spells chosen for bombadier enhancement tree are truely terrible. I cannot see anyone actually spending 3 points on an obscuring mist pot that burns away with fire damage anyhow. smoke bomb feels the same. The level 1 vial is nice, but unless you go tiefling or gnome you only have 1 sla until level 12. The spells costs are high and the spell points are low on the class. It makes the low level experience pretty bad.

    Fix the level 3 spells to their original descriptions so that alchemist has some actual interesting damage options because they already have a generic fireball available at 12. then add one of the aoe damage pots from level 2-3 to the tree instead of the current SLAs.
    Exactly my thoughts. Honestly it's flat out false advertising, you can't imagine how disapointed i was when i hit 6 and thought to myself "okay now it's big nasty firewall + cc combo at low levels, it's gonna be amazing" just to be greeted with "hey here are your 5 colors of fireball, choose one that fits your eyes best".

    Level 12 is amazing since multivials kick in, but those are pretty much "fireball but hits 4 times" making all level 3 spells instantly obsolete. Also max caster level of those is 10, so they don't grow in power at all with levels. Lvl 15 is hellball thingy which again is amazing at 1st, but you need to keep 5 different spellpowers and spell lores up for it to deal acceptable damage. Which requires insane gear tetris skills. Can you even do that outside of owning Elemental Spiral sceptre?

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Same as in any business, you act like this is inherently bad or some sort of revelation. There is a reason it is called VIP. Think about it.
    Right, so do you get kicked out of every store because you don't pay a monthly fee to shop there? I don't. And the ones that have a membership program SELL THE SAME STUFF as the places that don't.

    They don't care as long as you are a constant PAYING customer. I might not be a constant cash cow paying for VIP but I DO spend money. And yet, in spite of that, SSG doesn't WANT my money. I DON'T WANT VIP. There is no value to me outside of the HCL. The main perk VIP's get I don't need (access to all content). Just give me access to the server, I don't even care about opening elite or the leader boards. I just want to play on the server. But no, they AGAIN basically write off the F2P/Premium player base because we can't/or don't want to fork over $15 US for 3 months.

    And the worst of it is, even if I "speak with my wallet", nothing is gonna change. The VIP player base is happy to fork out hundreds of dollars for tomes/xp pots and gold rolls to get on the leader boards which gives SSG an incentive to keep it "exclusive". So the only way for anyone to see it (if they see it at all) is to keep beating this dead horse make sure they know that there is a solid percentage of their player base would love to be able to play with the new toys too.


    Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

  18. #58
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    Right, so do you get kicked out of every store because you don't pay a monthly fee to shop there? I don't. And the ones that have a membership program SELL THE SAME STUFF as the places that don't.
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you got kicked out of DDO. Every server? Wow. My bad.

    You already know this but I don't get to watch ESPN+ unless I subscribe. I can't shop at Sam's Club if I don't pay the membership fee. At my local gun shop they have a thing called "VIP Customer" for an annual fee. I get to jump to the front of the line at the range. I get to use all their rental guns free of charge. Dude, if you are complaining because they won't "sell you the same thing" then you're just being obtuse or something. Buy the 3 month sub and you're all set. This has been hashed out a million times. See we can each go on with analogies all day and ultimately it doesn't matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    They don't care as long as you are a constant PAYING customer. I might not be a constant cash cow paying for VIP but I DO spend money. And yet, in spite of that, SSG doesn't WANT my money. I DON'T WANT VIP. There is no value to me outside of the HCL. The main perk VIP's get I don't need (access to all content). Just give me access to the server, I don't even care about opening elite or the leader boards. I just want to play on the server. But no, they AGAIN basically write off the F2P/Premium player base because we can't/or don't want to fork over $15 US for 3 months.
    You're being weird. SSG set the price to access the server and it costs what it costs. You want them to create a special package just for you. I am sorry you cannot afford the asking price. It is what it is. I don't think ESPN+ owes it to me to charge me less because I don't watch football, basketball, or anything other than MMA events. "Hey, ESPN+, I ONLY want to watch MMA events so can you make a package that only gives me access to that content? Yeah, and I don't want to be charged monthly, just a one time flat rate to let me watch all your MMA stuff. Okay great, thanks for making special content and programming package just for me, I appreciate it. For a minute there I thought you only cared about people who were willing to pay you a monthly sub".

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    And the worst of it is, even if I "speak with my wallet", nothing is gonna change. The VIP player base is happy to fork out hundreds of dollars for tomes/xp pots and gold rolls to get on the leader boards which gives SSG an incentive to keep it "exclusive". So the only way for anyone to see it (if they see it at all) is to keep beating this dead horse make sure they know that there is a solid percentage of their player base would love to be able to play with the new toys too.
    You know zero about the "VIP Player Base". There is not ONE kind of VIP player. There are all kinds. Some spend tons of money on top of their subs, some don't, some spend somewhere in between. Same with premium players. There are some who buy ALL the content as soon as it comes out, some buy it more slowly, and some only make the minimum purchase to be premium and use points earned in game to buy content. So don't throw everyone in a bucket called "VIP" as if we all happily fork over $1000's of dollars a year to be on leader boards and keep all the "lowly premium players" at bay. You're really just being dramatic.

    Change your argument in such a way that you don't alienate fellow players and you'd find yourself with a lot more support. Stop creating some fictional "evil" alliance between VIPs and SSG, because I assure you there is no such a thing.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

  19. #59
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you got kicked out of DDO. Every server? Wow. My bad.
    Nope, just this super secret club that only allows one subset of the player base in. Give me a Premium/F2P only server with hardcore in it. Hell, run them at the same time so then at LEAST people can't double dip (unless they make a new account). That way everyone can try the new "hotness" of ddo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    You already know this but I don't get to watch ESPN+ unless I subscribe. I can't shop at Sam's Club if I don't pay the membership fee. At my local gun shop they have a thing called "VIP Customer" for an annual fee. I get to jump to the front of the line at the range. I get to use all their rental guns free of charge. Dude, if you are complaining because they won't "sell you the same thing" then you're just being obtuse or something. Buy the 3 month sub and you're all set. This has been hashed out a million times. See we can each go on with analogies all day and ultimately it doesn't matter.
    Your right, it doesn't matter. However if I want to buy something from Sam's Club, odds are I can also buy it ANYWHERE else. I don't have that option with DDO. If I want the HCL, I have to pay them a fee that doesn't equal the value. You see value because of the access to the HCL, the first time server goodies, and all the other perks of Vip. I don't see the same value. I don't care about the first time server perks for expansions, or opening elite or the other perks of VIP. Why? Because on the live servers I have characters that have all that and can open elite. I "own" the content already, so I don't see the value. I just want to play on the server. I'm not sure what's wrong with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    You're being weird. SSG set the price to access the server and it costs what it costs. You want them to create a special package just for you. I am sorry you cannot afford the asking price. It is what it is. I don't think ESPN+ owes it to me to charge me less because I don't watch football, basketball, or anything other than MMA events. "Hey, ESPN+, I ONLY want to watch MMA events so can you make a package that only gives me access to that content? Yeah, and I don't want to be charged monthly, just a one time flat rate to let me watch all your MMA stuff. Okay great, thanks for making special content and programming package just for me, I appreciate it. For a minute there I thought you only cared about people who were willing to pay you a monthly sub".
    And you don't think it's weird that a company that WANTS to make money is basically biting the hand that feeds them? That they would RATHER cut out, I presume, a sizable amount of their player base for a quick cash infusion? Yes, it seems they would.

    As to the special package, yeah I think they should do something like that. I get that services like ESPN+ want monthly fees (as does every other streaming platform), and usually the value is there if you look for it/are a fan of it. However usually those services are competitively priced (and priced based off your country). For example, Disney + in CAD is 8.99 a month. Netflix is $9.99 CAD. They're offering entertainment services that can outpace DDO in a flash. Original content, old tv shows, new tv shows, older movies, new movies. And I have unlimited access, to content I don't own in BD/DVD form. Comparatively, DDO wants $14.99 US (regardless of where you live), and for HCL access of three months, in CAD is about 20 dollars. With a large amount of the purpose of VIP existing outside of giving steady revenue to SSG, the ability to do anything outside of expansions in ddo. Content and activities I can do without VIP in the first place.

    I tried VIP before the HCL came out. You know what I actively noticed in my day to day for what VIP was doing for me, given what I already had..... 10% xp and a free gold roll a week and the ability to skip a saga quest. Wooo, what a waste of $20. Cancelled my sub right after that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    You know zero about the "VIP Player Base". There is not ONE kind of VIP player. There are all kinds. Some spend tons of money on top of their subs, some don't, some spend somewhere in between. Same with premium players. There are some who buy ALL the content as soon as it comes out, some buy it more slowly, and some only make the minimum purchase to be premium and use points earned in game to buy content. So don't throw everyone in a bucket called "VIP" as if we all happily fork over $1000's of dollars a year to be on leader boards and keep all the "lowly premium players" at bay. You're really just being dramatic.
    You're right, there are different types of players. But if you haven't noticed over the years the amount of whining from VIP's that they don't get enough for their money (which btw has been happening SINCE the game went F2P). So I have a general sense of "Ugh" whenever the argument is VIP deserves the HCL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Change your argument in such a way that you don't alienate fellow players and you'd find yourself with a lot more support. Stop creating some fictional "evil" alliance between VIPs and SSG, because I assure you there is no such a thing.
    Lol, right. I'll alienate players that say "Just spend the money" or the "HCL isn't for you" instead of trying to find a common ground. There isn't an alliance between VIP and SSG, it's just SSG's shortsightedness.


    Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

  20. #60
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    . Cancelled my sub right after that.




Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload