Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What's the mount look like?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    peace

Premium - they do sell game time cards if subscriptions are not your thing

Dev. side note. - maybe you should sell a 90 game card + 10 free extra days! in market to cover
    the Premium player HCL needs. 90 for league and 10 extra to clear out.
    I'd have no issue paying if it was cheaper than standard vip (or somehow could calculate a price based off content "owned"). Also exchange rates are a pain.

Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post

IPS is blocking Stand and Deliver (Shiradi Champion). Is this in the queue to be fixed?
    What happens here? Stand and Deliver doesnt proc? No icon? what doesnt work?

Default helm and cloak of new HC

You can sorta see them here: https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/fi...th%20title.jpg

Helm has an overbite, cloak has some nice translucent wings. Maybe.

Community Member

Default Cargo holds resistance shrines

Did I miss something or was resistance shrines supposed to be deleted from the game? Tried to renew em when run out yesterday and Dubgar don't sell em anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, February 19th to release Update 45.1. Click here for the Release Notes.
    you know, this is the part where you show us screen shots of the prizes...like before the event starts...
    just saying.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by enkka1 View Post
    Did I miss something or was resistance shrines supposed to be deleted from the game? Tried to renew em when run out yesterday and Dubgar don't sell em anymore.
    The sale of them was removed as part of u45; it's meant to phase the old buff system out entirely.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    The sale of them was removed as part of u45; it's meant to phase the old buff system out entirely.
    Alright, thanks. Missed that bit of news then.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    With all this persistent and wide spread disdain and hate directed at HCL
    you would think nobody would be there...should be a ghost town.

But it is not.

That tells me the intense dislike is coming from a very vocal minority.
    I'm not interested in HCL, but I have nothing against those that are. I will continue to have fun as a mostly solo player.

This point is wrong though. If hardcore players were the majority, and others were a small minority then we wouldn't have only one hardcore server vs 7 live servers.
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    What happens here? Stand and Deliver doesnt proc? No icon? what doesnt work?
    If you have IPS on, Stand and Deliver will not build stacks.

If you have stacks of Stand and Deliver and turn on IPS, the stacks immediately clear.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Dear Cordovan,

The page describing the HCL event still mentions Mortality and still describe the HCL1 rewards. You may want to update that.

With respect to HCL2. Please consider making it an option to take either the HCL1 or the HCL2 rewards when any given character reaches a milestone. If someone wants both rewards for a particular milestone they would then need to level up two characters

My buddy and I missed HCL1 and are aching to get one of the rewards from that while the HCL2 rewards interest us significantly less. Making both sets available should be a win-win decision. More people will play and have fun and more money will be spend for the greater good of all parties.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 02-19-2020 at 01:19 AM.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Default Premium Access to HCL?

I'm probably reading optimistically, but,

"Our second season of the Hardcore League is now available for free to VIPs and Season Pass holders. This second season features new rewards in addition to new challenges and an updated leaderboard. The Hardcore League runs through May 12th! Click here to learn more. "

could imply that Premium Players can purchase access through the store? That would be pretty darn awesome for everyone if that's the case.

I'm super keen to watch some "HCL is pay to win" idiots die.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore League info page
    Leaderboards:

There are three Leaderboards for bragging rights that will list the top performing characters in the following areas:

Top 100 Characters in: Total Favor

Top 100 Characters in: Reaper XP
    (emboldened for emphasis)

So, should that read "...two Leaderboards..." or was one of the leaderboards missed off the list due to a copy-paste error? I suspect the former as there were only two leaderboards last time, but SSG might have added a third. If so, I'm hoping it's "Top 100 Characters: Fastest completion of Shroud".

JonD

Community Member

I think it would have been really nice to have a more definitive heads up that HC part 2 was going to start today. Unless I am mistaken, I only saw various hints that it would be soon(TM).

Also, really? The discount on Astral Shards goes away on the 17th and the HC part 2 starts on the 19th? (Even the discount on Guild Charters runs through the 20th at least.) In my opinion, this is a little tone deaf from a Marketing standpoint. Anyone who purchases Astral Shards for the HC server (which brings you all real money) loses actual money from any balance left over as Astral Shards are non-transferable. The discount would serve nicely to make up this loss for your player base.

Therefore, I respectfully request you reinstate the 20% Astral Shard discount through the rest of this sales cycle, through the 24th of February, and you bring back the sale at monthly intervals during the HC season.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Sho-sa; 02-19-2020 at 04:20 AM.

Default Pally fix?

No fix for the Pally Aura of Good rebuffing every 5 seconds with audio and visual??? Audio sounds like a drumbeat and visual of what looks like the shield spell being applied... Extremely annoying to play....
    Rexshoo Gland

Melt lock and Heal Admixture (spell and SLA) are bugged. Is there not a fix for those spells? When will there be a fix?

* Heal Admixture (spell and SLA) does not cure stat damage or conditions. It does not remove poison. It does not remove fatigue (It seems that the restorative part of the spell does not work, only the curative)

* Melt lock is bugged. It doesn't seem to make a roll. I've only managed to open a door and a chest in a lifetime. But it doesn't work on all the other chests and doors that Knock spell easily opens. I think it's because Melt lock only works at a minimum level. In its current state it is a useless spell
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    I'm not interested in HCL, but I have nothing against those that are. I will continue to have fun as a mostly solo player.

This point is wrong though. If hardcore players were the majority, and others were a small minority then we wouldn't have only one hardcore server vs 7 live servers.
    You're mistaken, he said said those with "intense dislike" are a minority whereas you are talking about those who are not taking part in HCL at all, not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be brought down from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, February 19th to release Update 45.1. Click here for the Release Notes.
    Apothecary's Panacea Poultice should have a material component of maize, because a poultice just isn't a poultice without maize...jus sayin.
    Paladin Strormcrow

Community Member

Hardcore so soon after U45? Before U45, many were arguing about why nerfing IPS when it was fine for the last 10 years. Dev answers was: game balance. Then, not even a week after U45. BAM! Hardcore season 2 is opening! Not certain about game balance argument anymore. All of you artis robot ranged build, you gotta be careful this time. Looks like they were watching you at HC 1.

Ok we got lied to, and we knew why, but we are used to that right? Viva capitalism right? Dont worry it'll be allright, right?

Ok less sarcasm. I am happy HC is back. It's good money to the game and that is some good news. But remember hardcore server is nothing more than the new ddo's fortnite style. To inject money into a game whom your character you wont even care months after, except for it's new shiny cosmetic you can show off back at your home server. (Kidding i know it's for the challenge...) A challenge by the way, that, if you are not V.I.P, you can reproduce totally free on every actual server. Yes you heard right! You can also play hardcore style for free on every server. Very easy. 3 steps.

1-Start new character lvl 1 (cant use veteran at this time).

2-Post lfm (Hardcore style. Must not have died at all, cant use bank items from powerful alt, plz be honest!).

3-Live or die. And if you die, delete your character.

There you go. You played hardcore too. You just won't receive a Fortnite cloak or an ugly mask for your efforts. Meanwhile, let the others pay for the game and tell them thank you.

Edit: and if you join hardcore and you start buying tomes, potions, anything that gives you an advantage toward others, then you are not playing hardcore, you are "paying" for more chances to obtain your cosmetic. Devs will love you of course, and you will be proud of yourself, knowing that in ddo, money gave you a great starting advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K5fbQ1-zps
    Last edited by Velenfein; 02-19-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    too soon for Hardcore season 2
    Agreed. I will give this go round a pass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast