Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,693

    Default DDO must be doing very well at this point

    Why do I think this?

    Because the Negative Nellies are dominating the forums just like in very successful MMO's. Most people are having a ton of fun and playing the game and a small subset of people who will never be happy for long are *****ing up a storm about anything they can think of to try to make the game look bad.

    That's pure World of Warcraft territory.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I haven't complained since the nerf on dailies. I still dont understand that move but i dont have to, not my game. Havent paid since then either and no worries. Thats my perrogative. I'm getting a lot of RL work done instead of playin each day. If the moves being made are good for the game, I say battle on DDO. Hope u do keep rolling in it. I'll play when I can

  3. #3
    Community Member DRoark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    Why do I think this?

    Because the Negative Nellies are dominating the forums just like in very successful MMO's. Most people are having a ton of fun and playing the game and a small subset of people who will never be happy for long are *****ing up a storm about anything they can think of to try to make the game look bad.

    That's pure World of Warcraft territory.
    Hate to break the fanboi glass bubble, but if by "subset" you mean all Non-INQ ranged, THF builds due to the wonky animation change unsyncing attacks, still-broken stealth,
    the Divine Might nerf that killed STR domains, and feats not working?

    Sure, they're a subset.
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

  4. #4
    Community Member Spl1tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    Hate to break the fanboi glass bubble, but if by "subset" you mean all Non-INQ ranged, THF builds due to the wonky animation change unsyncing attacks, still-broken stealth,
    the Divine Might nerf that killed STR domains, and feats not working?

    Sure, they're a subset.
    I think he means all the players who are calling out nerf
    like little girls to classes after seeing veteran players with
    all past lives and gear perform better than them because
    they can't figure out how to play their favorite class.
    Jaigle- Jaizle - Zhentas - Envie - EE solo album - Youtube Channel
    ex Devourer player

  5. #5
    Community Member Kutalp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gates of the Multiverse club
    Posts
    1,250

    Smile

    Excuse me when did anyone call for a nerf to PL bonuses or Epic/Legendary gear sets ? Who called out nerfing ' Veteran ' players like little girls ?

    What does these have to do with Inquisitve changes, IPS feat, or THF combat style ?

    Is Inquisitve/Artificer/Ranger/Wizard a Favorite class which requires ' High ' gamer skills ?


    Thank you very much.


    My humble left click warrior n00b cents.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 02-16-2020 at 01:59 PM.

  6. #6
    Community Member Drunkendex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Somwehere where there is LOTS of rakija.
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    Why do I think this?
    Month or so ago Lynn actually said that DDO is doing well, and I don't think that there were enough changes since then to change that.

    And I think there will be lots of chuckles in SSG offices once SSG team starts reading answers in this thread. XD XD

  7. #7
    Community Member Clemeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Watching you
    Posts
    668

    Default

    I'm not convinced that "a bunch of unhappy customers" must necessarily equate to "the game is doing very well right now."

    It's also unlikely that anyone who stuck around this long is concerned with "making the game look bad." DDO's community is not populous enough to support a significant amount of that subset of players. It's more likely that players are voicing their disapproval because they genuinely disapprove.
    Last edited by Clemeit; 02-16-2020 at 01:59 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Member Kutalp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gates of the Multiverse club
    Posts
    1,250

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    Month or so ago Lynn actually said that DDO is doing well, and I don't think that there were enough changes since then to change that.

    And I think there will be lots of chuckles in SSG offices once SSG team starts reading answers in this thread. XD XD





    I do not worry. The game is exactly where it is wanted to be.

    This is not posted by a fan boy.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 02-16-2020 at 02:00 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    Month or so ago Lynn actually said that DDO is doing well, and I don't think that there were enough changes since then to change that.

    And I think there will be lots of chuckles in SSG offices once SSG team starts reading answers in this thread. XD XD
    Because DDO doesn’t depend on 90% of its player base for its revenue. When 10% of your base makes 80% of your revenue, you don’t have to worry about that 90% except making sure there are enough players around for the whales to find a group when the whales want a group.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    In the name of balance!!! I balanced my check book, I went free to play!!!

  11. #11
    Community Member Inanout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hamilton,ON,CA
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Maybe they can afford a Quality Control person if they are doing so well.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    Excuse me when did anyone call for a nerf to PL bonuses or Epic/Legendary gear sets ? Who called out nerfing ' Veteran ' players like little girls ?

    What does these have to do with Inquisitve changes, IPS feat, or THF combat style ?

    Is Inquisitve/Artificer/Ranger/Wizard a Favorite class which requires ' High ' gamer skills ?


    Thank you very much.


    My humble left click warrior n00b cents.
    Oh dear...
    So not only did you completely miss the point but you also managed to show your true colors...

    Good job!
    Last edited by Chilianna; 02-16-2020 at 02:35 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Because DDO doesn’t depend on 90% of its player base for its revenue. When 10% of your base makes 80% of your revenue, you don’t have to worry about that 90% except making sure there are enough players around for the whales to find a group when the whales want a group.
    I suggest that SSGs actions will have the outcome of winnowing the DDO population until it consists of nothing but whales.

    When HC sales drop, they can hold a 'membership drive' where whales can purchase more subscriptions, similar to PBS but with fewer people participating.

    If they play it right, maybe a Bezos or a Sultan of Brunei will become their sponsor, and eventually, sole DDO player. And then, DDO will make history as the first 1 person MMO.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Judging from the fact that for hours yesterday and today there's been 0-1 lfms up on Gland... yep, all is well.

  15. #15
    Community Member Kutalp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gates of the Multiverse club
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilianna View Post
    Oh dear...
    So not only did you completely miss the point but you also managed to show your true colors...

    Good job!



    Exactly. I love the forum posters that get the sarcasm.

    XO
    Last edited by Kutalp; 02-16-2020 at 03:56 PM.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    Exactly. I love the forum posters that get the sarcasm.

    XO
    Yea call it sarcasme...

    Going by your posts in other "nerf threads" i can tell...
    that your nerve got hit

    /hug

  17. #17
    Community Member Kutalp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gates of the Multiverse club
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilianna View Post
    Yea call it sarcasme...

    Going by your posts in other "nerf threads" i can tell...
    that your nerve got hit

    /hug


    So, what do you think I am telling at these threads ?

  18. #18
    Community Member kanordog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    ;

    Is ...Ranger... a Favorite class which requires ' High ' gamer skills ?

    Took a longer break, what did I miss?
    Is ranger OP now?


  19. #19
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kanordog View Post
    Took a longer break, what did I miss?
    Is ranger OP now?
    It clearly must have been since SSG gave it several hefty nerfs.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Returning Veteran here (quit after Shadowfell and came back 2 weeks ago) and I must say that this game is great compared to anything else on the market. Sure some things can be improved (lag for sure) but overall the devs are doing a great job at improving and balancing the game as well as adding new content. Very few devs listen and share with the community as much as the ones doing DDO. Coming from Archeage I know a lot about bad devs and publishers .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload