Default Alchemist spell speed absurdly slow

Way to slow to be viable for me so far. Also makes no sense my throwing focused Alchemist would throw potions around like he's fighting one of those energy shields from Dune. It's so bad I'm wondering if my toon is bugged and it's just me. I have not gotten quicken yet, but Accelerate is barely doing anything.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Decided I could not take it anymore and swapped out Arcane Initiate to get Quicken. Turns out you cannot even quicken the super slow pot spells. So far this is the most dysfunctional and least fun new class I've ever played. I was planning to get a racial PL and do epics as I'm closing to finally finishing out epic completionist but I think I need to just TR immediately, take the class feat to get heroic completionist back and forget about Alchemist. What a waste of creative staff time creating the art and flavor for this mess.

Well, the accelerated heal pot is effectively a mass heal and probably faster than a traditional mass heal but Alchemist still misses fast healing like a quickened mass cure or even a non-quicked cure and the heal/cure pot animation is dragging way too much player action time. If all you want is a team member than can add a mass heal to the mix, then Alch does the job.