Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It takes 8 or 9 seconds for the bar to fill?
    As others already pointed out, the bar takes about 4 seconds to fill, but the animation continues for another 4-5 seconds, after which the teleport commences.
    The entire process takes about 8-9 seconds.

Why nobody bothered to actually test the item in-game after changing its parameters is beyond me. But that's just par for the course; absolutely zero QC.

@OP: The change was in response to HCL where players were using it to get out of sticky situations. Not that any developer would admit to making game-wide changes based solely on HCL, but nobody believes them anyways.
    Last edited by Clemeit; 02-16-2020 at 02:24 AM.

Community Member

Default teleport rod

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    As others already pointed out, the bar takes about 4 seconds to fill, but the animation continues for another 4-5 seconds, after which the teleport commences.
    The entire process takes about 8-9 seconds.

Why nobody bothered to actually test the item in-game after changing its parameters is beyond me. But that's just par for the course; absolutely zero QC.

@OP: The change was in response to HCL where players were using it to get out of sticky situations. Not that any developer would admit to making game-wide changes based solely on HCL, but nobody believes them anyways.
    What I don´t really understand: The teleport rod from the store has still the quick teleport feature- so If you pay enew every time on the hard core server you still will have the instant save mode.
    But if you already payed 130 bucks in the past, you know will be nerved.
    For me that is clearly a sign of sending players to the store but has not anything to do with "balance" ...

Best regards
    Tarinia

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It was an obvious exploit. I don't really care, I never have and never will play hardcore. I also don't have a boarding pass.

But it's not a nerf. It's a bug fix.
    It is not an exploit if you use any kind of teleport to get out of a dangerous situation.
    Remember there are also teleport SPELLS you can cast e.g. also from a scroll or items.
    Personally I had the Royal Guard Mask available on the Hardcore Server and even if I have also the boarding pass I was never reliant on this item.

As a matter of fact, personally I used the Boarding pass just only because I had it set on a hotkey in case I need a quick escape but I used it only twice on my first character.
    And the reason why I used it was simply because I and my partner Arealbronx experienced terrible server lag and we felt forced to escape to not die because of this pure technical reason.
    But of course, some players try to be "more holy than the pope" (of course only when they dont have to suffer the consequences by themselves) and try to tell you it is an exploit if you escape a server lag death with any kind of teleport which is, in my opinion, more than ludicrous!
    Last edited by Chacka_DDO; 02-16-2020 at 05:47 AM.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Quote Originally Posted by Tarinia View Post
    What I don´t really understand: The teleport rod from the store has still the quick teleport feature- so If you pay enew every time on the hard core server you still will have the instant save mode.
    But if you already payed 130 bucks in the past, you know will be nerved.
    For me that is clearly a sign of sending players to the store but has not anything to do with "balance" ...

Best regards
    Tarinia
    That's because it wasn't changed due to the hardcore server. People keep saying that as though it's true, but it simple isn't.

Funnily enough, this item started with the exact same induction time as the other teleport items, but when it was swapped over to being a teleport selector in a later patch to support additional destinations, the induction bar fell off of the spellcast. My change simply put the induction bar back to where it was when the item debuted.

That being said, all of the teleport items are having their induction time halved with this upcoming patch (not just the sharn one), so your mileage may vary
    Sharn, Update 42, was released on 14 May, 2019. When it was released the Boarding Pass only teleported to one location and had an induction timer just like the Bottle of Mist. Update 42 Patch 1 was released on 21 May, 2019. The functionality of the Boarding Pass was expanded with this patch and one could now select from four different destinations. When it was changed to be a multi-selector the induction timer was erroneously removed.

For one week upon release the Boarding Pass had an induction timer. Then they made the Boarding Pass more usable by allowing four destinations instead of one and the induction timer was lost. This was the case for almost a year until Update 45 were it was fixed and the induction timer, that was always supposed to be there, was put back. The change has nothing to due with HCL. It's a bug fix. It took almost a year for it to get fixed, but it's still a bug fix. A bug fix that has absolutely nothing to do with the HCL, but that won't stop forumites from continually claiming it does.

Don't see how us customers benefit by having slow teleport options. Don't see how folks escaping death with teleports is problem. Do you even DnD?
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    That's because it wasn't changed due to the hardcore server. People keep saying that as though it's true, but it simple isn't.

Sharn, Update 42, was released on 14 May, 2019. When it was released the Boarding Pass only teleported to one location and had an induction timer just like the Bottle of Mist. Update 42 Patch 1 was released on 21 May, 2019. The functionality of the Boarding Pass was expanded with this patch and one could now select from four different destinations. When it was changed to be a multi-selector the induction timer was erroneously removed.

For one week upon release the Boarding Pass had an induction timer. Then they made the Boarding Pass more usable by allowing four destinations instead of one and the induction timer was lost. This was the case for almost a year until Update 45 were it was fixed and the induction timer, that was always supposed to be there, was put back. The change has nothing to due with HCL. It's a bug fix. It took almost a year for it to get fixed, but it's still a bug fix. A bug fix that has absolutely nothing to do with the HCL, but that won't stop forumites from continually claiming it does.
    Big Lie propaganda. They literally posted that the changes in U45 are to balance for HC2. As for "WAI" boarding pass, noone cares what you or the devs claim was intended. It didn't sell the mega pack as it was. They changed it so it would. Everyone bought one, knowing about the instant port as much as they knew about the port to the tavern, from seeing people port instantly in game. That's exactly how everyone in my guild was induced to buy it. The devs knew about the instant port for the last 8 months (they claim to play all the time) and left it in to improve sales. It would've been a 5 minute fix in any of the patches back then, but they didn't because people paid big money for it. Now they're nerfing it for the same reason they nerfed Inq, they're ready to sell something else. In this case, it's all the HC2 store sales from extra deaths due to no evacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    Don't see how us customers benefit by having slow teleport options. Don't see how folks escaping death with teleports is problem. Do you even DnD?
    They do play DnD but I totally agree, instantly teleporting out of a very bad situation should remain a part of the game.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

It was an obvious exploit. I don't really care, I never have and never will play hardcore. I also don't have a boarding pass.

SSG sells the EXACT same functionality in the DDO store. The only difference is that people paid $130 to use this repeatedly instead of paying a small amount to use it each time.

Very disappointed in this nerf. If it were a bug fix, then they would have “fixed” the other things they sell in the store too.

This isn’t a bug fix. It’s another cash grab after they already got people’s money for the big Sharn package.

Same with the elemental resist shrines. Can’t say it’s for balance when SSG still sells elemental resist potions for cash on the DDO store. You can still get the functionality- you just have to pay real world money instead of paying in-game plat.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Big Lie propaganda. They literally posted that the changes in U45 are to balance for HC2. As for "WAI" boarding pass, noone cares what you or the devs claim was intended. It didn't sell the mega pack as it was. They changed it so it would. Everyone bought one, knowing about the instant port as much as they knew about the port to the tavern, from seeing people port instantly in game. That's exactly how everyone in my guild was induced to buy it. The devs knew about the instant port for the last 8 months (they claim to play all the time) and left it in to improve sales. It would've been a 5 minute fix in any of the patches back then, but they didn't because people paid big money for it. Now they're nerfing it for the same reason they nerfed Inq, they're ready to sell something else. In this case, it's all the HC2 store sales from extra deaths due to no evacs.
    maybe it is just naive of me to have that much faith in humanity in general and particularly in the DDO developers that i doubt that this are the real reasons.
    I think the developers really think this nerf was honestly needed...
    But in my opinion, it is very questionable that it was needed.
    And, in my opinion, all teleport items should have the same "casting time" and cooldown time (including the Key to the City - Eveningstar) simply because it is consistent.
    Also, the use of animation should be the same on all such items.
    And if the devs plan to introduce more such items maybe it would be better to not have them as items in your inventory and rather having a solution via a new UI element (similar to the companion UI)
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    SSG sells the EXACT same functionality in the DDO store. The only difference is that people paid $130 to use this repeatedly instead of paying a small amount to use it each time.

Very disappointed in this nerf. If it were a bug fix, then they would have “fixed” the other things they sell in the store too.

This isn’t a bug fix. It’s another cash grab after they already got people’s money for the big Sharn package.

Same with the elemental resist shrines. Can’t say it’s for balance when SSG still sells elemental resist potions for cash on the DDO store. You can still get the functionality- you just have to pay real world money instead of paying in-game plat.
    It's rather obvious when they change an ingame item, but sell an "un-nerfed" version in the store, what's going on.

It's like the ranged "FIX". They hammered all ranged, but the people that got hit the hardest, weren't Inquisitor... it was everyone else. Not exactly a brilliant solution,
    which is why alot of career ranged are boycotting subscriptions. In parsing, our Artificer lost close to 28% damage. That IPS nerf-nado doesn't take other changes into
    account. If they're going to slap multiple builds, instead of fixing a broken Tree, at the same time another Class comes out? We're NOT buying it.
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

Community Member

Well I see what you are saying it is a cash grab to get the non delayed version from the store. You can keep using the term bug fix but it sure is a QoL nerf . I do not HCL so yea this is an annoying delay of lost play time. i easily used it 100 to 200 times per life (level 1 to 30).

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

It takes 8 or 9 seconds for the bar to fill?
    Yes. Like some others here, I timed it on a stopwatch. If it helps, I was on a scoundrel, and her fiddle flourish at the end seemed to add a second or two.

The Eveningstar key, by comparison, is much quicker.

Edit: Aasimar does a long casting flourish at the end, as well. I'd assume all races do.
    Last edited by Sebastrd; 02-16-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

First you accuse me of "exploiting", then admit you don't even have one.

I use the boarding pass exclusively for expedient travel. It's a quick way to my airship, to get around Sharn, and to exit a quest upon completion. I don't play on hardcore either. Just because you don't have one and it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it's not a problem.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As much as it is nice to be able to click and be immediately whisked out of danger or the end of a quest, we have to have some level of induction on these items to prevent a host of gameplay issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

lulz
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member

Hard not to see it as a money incentivized nerf of a QOL item. Sure, we paid $130 to have the item, but what have we done for them lately? Very disappointing.

Community Member

Why don't you leave it as fast, but just disable teleportation out of incomplete dungeons in hardcore mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    And what part of Cordovan's statement contradicts the facts presented? The Boarding Pass had an induction timer just like the other two teleport items. The Boarding Pass was, after release, made into a multi-selection teleport item, which inadvertently removed the induction timer. What is classically called a bug. The bug was fixed, the induction timer was restored. Obvious conspiracy theories are obvious. Obvious confirmation bias is obvious. Occam's Razor; don't apply unnecessary complexity when the simple answer fits. Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Just because A preceded B does not mean that A caused B. They stated that they are making balance changes between hardcore seasons so as to not be making balance changes in the middle of hardcore seasons. Making a balance change after a hardcore season does not mean that that balance change was instigated by the prior hardcore season. An item that once had an induction timer that was erroneously removed when the functionality of said item was changed had that induction timer restored. B followed A but was not caused by A.

So far I've seen a lot of claims about what the dev's have said, or about their intentions, but no evidence to back that up. I'll stick with the simple answers that fit objective reality rather than some speculative hyperbole that fits the narrative someone has constructed in their head.

lol keep digging that hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Community Member

So far I've seen a lot of claims about what the dev's have said, or about their intentions, but no evidence to back that up. I'll stick with the simple answers that fit objective reality rather than some speculative hyperbole that fits the narrative someone has constructed in their head.
    Hard not to believe if it wasn't for HCS this great QOL item would not have been nerfed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast