Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Please please fix kotc

Kotc tree is still riddled with things missing that were promised u45.

No asendance/blessed purpose,

divine sacrifice and exalted smite still missing 2W, threat range/multiplier respectively,

Sunder/tactics dcs still dont count towards holy retribution dcs,

Also holy retribution still consumes turn undead charges when it should be just limited by cool down

Please address these problems as levelling in epics feels like a real chore right now

So, about that 3rd round of Lamannia that didn't happen ...
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Quote Originally Posted by zaidm271981 View Post
    Kotc tree is still riddled with things missing that were promised u45.

divine sacrifice and exalted smite still missing 2W, threat range/multiplier respectively,

Sunder/tactics dcs still dont count towards holy retribution dcs,

Also holy retribution still consumes turn undead charges when it should be just limited by cool down

Please address these problems as levelling in epics feels like a real chore right now
    Aw heck. I was hoping I could take my pally out for a spin but I don't want to mess with her at all if the enhancements are still that bugged up.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Most of what you've written above should be fixed in the next patch, coming very soon. That said, can you (or anyone) elaborate on this one:

Quote Originally Posted by zaidm271981 View Post
    Who is your Deity? What weapon are you using? Do you have the KOTC Capstone (and therefore have the 25-stack upgrade)? What have you attacked that should have procced it, but didn't?
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To be very clear, the change to IPS does not specifically have to do with Inquisitive overperforming. It is the result of evaluating the way that Ranged Weapon Users interact with the overall build meta and (especially) melees.

Community Member

Most of U45 is horrifically broken even by Turbine-SSGs standards, it will probably take weeks before pally, THF strikethrough, sun swords, Ratcatcher, ect... are fully fixed, and probably at least 2 or 3 issues will be ignored for years.

Funny that Alchemist the new payed class is relatively unbroken (oh it's buggy, but not enough to impact it) compared to the changes that broke f2p classes like paladin.

Wait until the inevitable patch next week, and probably at least 1 other major patch before you even touch pally again. Play Alchemist or Sorc, they actually mostly function.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Most of U45 is horrifically broken even by Turbine-SSGs standards, it will probably take weeks before pally, THF strikethrough, sun swords, Ratcatcher, ect... are fully fixed, and probably at least 2 or 3 issues will be ignored for years.
    This has been a relatively smooth one, especially given the sheer size of what went Live here. There are definitely bugs, but we've gotten through a lot of them in very short order for patch.

Sun Swords are going to take a bit, won't be in the next patch. The rest of what you listed is already fixed on our end though, and getting out to you ASAP.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

To be very clear, the change to IPS does not specifically have to do with Inquisitive overperforming. It is the result of evaluating the way that Ranged Weapon Users interact with the overall build meta and (especially) melees.

This has been a relatively smooth one, especially given the sheer size of what went Live here. There are definitely bugs, but we've gotten through a lot of them in very short order for patch.

Sun Swords are going to take a bit, won't be in the next patch. The rest of what you listed is already fixed on our end though, and getting out to you ASAP.

and what about THF animation deley? what about THF range?
    Leader of Radical Dreamers

Character's: Kylerr Heroic Past life: 42/42 Icoinic Past life: 21/21 Epic Past life: 48/48 Racial Past life: 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by kuzka111 View Post
    and what about THF animation deley? what about THF range?
    Off topic, but: We're taking a look at those but have no confirmed bugs related to them, and no changes to announce at this time.

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

From the player in my guild that has been playing paladins for years... Not being able to choose what weapon you have as favored really hurts his build. Removing the restore and remove disease from their remove disease really only means now he has to carry yet more scrolls. Overall, he is not happy at all with it. The increase of damage IF you use a favored damage, if you do not use one of those types, it is useless. If he could chose the type of weapon, like martial, exotic, etc that would have been ok. The charge, is new, not sure what to think of it yet, she is still trying to figure it out. I have no paladins at the moment, so I am not sure what to think of it.
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Off topic, but: We're taking a look at those but have no confirmed bugs related to them, and no changes to announce at this time.
    Off-topic, but from my end THF is all clunky; it's extremely obvious trying to hit breakables, you often miss if you're running by and often breakables (and enemies) appear to take ~0.5s to register a hit.

Edit: Deep Gnome Wizard 20 using a maul (Tremor or LGS), level 29, EK, Haste for AS bonus, in FotW.
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 02-14-2020 at 01:51 PM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Starla70 View Post
    Removing the restore and remove disease from their remove disease really only means now he has to carry yet more scrolls.
    The Remove Disease restoration proc is part of the 3rd core of Kotc - it was not removed from the tree.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Founder
    Dryad Wannabe

From the player in my guild that has been playing paladins for years... Not being able to choose what weapon you have as favored really hurts his build. Removing the restore and remove disease from their remove disease really only means now he has to carry yet more scrolls. Overall, he is not happy at all with it. The increase of damage IF you use a favored damage, if you do not use one of those types, it is useless. If he could chose the type of weapon, like martial, exotic, etc that would have been ok. The charge, is new, not sure what to think of it yet, she is still trying to figure it out. I have no paladins at the moment, so I am not sure what to think of it.
    I just posted a thread on the favored weapon decision -
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...avored-Weapons

Greater Restoration was moved into the core and works as it did before, I don't think there is any more of less requirement. Just no enh points needed to get it.

Community Member

Hmmm, try to run behind something that is also running and hit it with a greatsword. Easier to do with a twf fighter now (the smallest hit box, afaik). Something has changed, whether that is the range (as people have tested), or the animation being closer to the body, or the timing of the actual "registering of the hit" point being off, I don't know.

On topic:

Are you all looking into all of these?

Various KotC bugs: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...tC-broken-tree

Thanks,
    B
    Last edited by BDog77; 02-14-2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: edited to remove the post I was in, lol, and fixed link

Community Member

Most of what you've written above should be fixed in the next patch, coming very soon. That said, can you (or anyone) elaborate on this one:

Who is your Deity? What weapon are you using? Do you have the KOTC Capstone (and therefore have the 25-stack upgrade)? What have you attacked that should have procced it, but didn't?
    There is no deity that u can select for throwing daggers. That's a real shame...I dont have capstone but I intended to get at least a few stacks to test it
    Last edited by zaidm271981; 02-14-2020 at 03:00 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    So, about that 3rd round of Lamannia that didn't happen ...
    KOTC made the whole Thing too unstable to run on Lamannia….
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Off topic, but:
    Any News About improvements to the Titan raid?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

Sorry for being off topic but no dev seems to be responding in any of the threads on this subject. Does this mean that we are now stuck with this "buff" to 2hf that is considerably worse than the previous incarnation and is almost universally disliked in its current form? I appreciate a lot of work went into this but as it currently stands rather than making 2hf a viable alternative (which was the stated goal) we now have a system that's buggy, clunky and most importantly not fun to play.

Once again sorry for being off topic and bigger apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread. (feel free to respond in a relevant thread rather than derail this one plz)

Community Member

As has been stated, the Greater Restoration on Remove Disease charge has simply been moved into core 3. You don't have to go out of your way spending points to buy it now, if you were going to buy Core 3 anyway. A net positive!

And as for "Not being able to choose what weapon you have as favored really hurts his build."
    I don't understand what you mean by this? Divines have never been able to choose their favored weapons beyond what deity they've taken. This is literally the same as it was before except better. So any failings with their build revolving around needing to choose their own weapon, would have been there before this update came out. But don't just take my word for it that it's a buff. Let me show you, using a Bladeforged with the Lord of Blades Deity as an example.

Before Update 45:

Lv 1: You have Greatswords as your favored weapon and gain +1 to hit with greatswords.
    Lv 3: +more to hit and damage with greatswords.
    Lv 6: (Ability)
    Lv 12: +more to hit and damage with greatswords.

After Update 45:

You now have a list of weapons, that are "Favored" or "Not Favored".
    Lv 1: Greatswords are now on your list of "Favored" weapons. ALL FAVORED WEAPONS gain +1 to hit.
    Lv 3: ALL FAVORED WEAPONS gain +more to hit and damage.
    Lv 6: (Ability)
    Lv 12: ALL FAVORED WEAPONS gain +more to hit and damage.

Beyond that, literally nothing else has changed. So for example, if my Bladeforged is an Inquisitive (And I use this as an example ONLY because that is the only way to get Crossbows as favored, vs other weapons that have multiple ways to get favored weapons), before the update, I got to add + nothing to my crossbow despite it being a Favored weapon, because it's not a greatsword.

Now, after the update, Crossbow simply gets added to my "Favored" list, and the Deity feats now simply benefit EVERY weapon on that list (including my crossbow), and not just the weapon listed for that deity. It's simply a buff.

Unless there's some other change about weapons and favored weapons, that I'm simply overlooking?
    Last edited by SpardaX; 02-15-2020 at 07:04 AM.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weemadarthur View Post
    Sorry for being off topic but no dev seems to be responding in any of the threads on this subject. Does this mean that we are now stuck with this "buff" to 2hf that is considerably worse than the previous incarnation and is almost universally disliked in its current form? I appreciate a lot of work went into this but as it currently stands rather than making 2hf a viable alternative (which was the stated goal) we now have a system that's buggy, clunky and most importantly not fun to play.

Once again sorry for being off topic and bigger apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread. (feel free to respond in a relevant thread rather than derail this one plz)
    I don't mean to be negative on your post, but I read the last forum on THF before this update came out, found here:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...iew-2-Feedback
    And people seemed to really like where it ended up. It was hated a lot up until then, I grant you that, but in the last list it had been buffed enough that I think I saw almost universal praise for it. Based on an above reply to this thread about the range of the attacks, and some lag on having attacks hit things, there might still be some kinks in the system, but the pure mechanics and amounts listed on the final info sheet made people really happy.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    I don't mean to be negative on your post, but I read the last forum on THF before this update came out, found here:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...iew-2-Feedback
    And people seemed to really like where it ended up. It was hated a lot up until then, I grant you that, but in the last list it had been buffed enough that I think I saw almost universal praise for it. Based on an above reply to this thread about the range of the attacks, and some lag on having attacks hit things, there might still be some kinks in the system, but the pure mechanics and amounts listed on the final info sheet made people really happy.
    This is nothing to do with whether it was buffed enough (for the basic amounts of strikethrough it most definitely is buffed enough if your a Horc Barb but I would like a lil more spread across the other enhance trees so u dont HAVE to be a horc barb to be effective) but the actual problem were on about here is with the way the style plays. The collision detection is off, the hitbox has significantly shrunk and the ST dynamics don't work properly because of those problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast