Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Shame on you for releasing update 45 in this condition!

I have been stewing over this for a couple days now, and going back and forth between logging in and trying to get my main through the next 3 levels so i can TR ...and browsing Steam for anything that catches my eye.

First... To the development team Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this game. I could list some specifics but a huge THANK YOU to all of you will suffice!

I am actually in support of most of the changes in the release notes!

Inqisitive needed a nerf 6+ months ago
    THF needed some love several+ years ago
    Resist shrines going away ... I was OK with it years ago when it was initially supposed to
    Balance, balance , balance I'm on board!

Old content polish and making it Epic .. Thumbs Up!
    Releasing a new class = Diversification and flavor! super cool!
    sorting of the shared bank .. HUGE QOL improvement! Just being able to reverse the order is massive IMO for xfering items from a mule really quick!
    64bit client I'm not tech savvy enough to know how good this is or is not so I will defer to the experts that it is a good thing!

I am even OK with the Hardcore Server! (sort of, but we will get to that in just a moment)
    DDO was one of the pioneers of the FTP/Micro transaction era and it is a huge part of their income! DDO being profitable is good for all of us!

I'm not even going to list the little things i am not in favor of because it unimportant as to why I am so FRUSTRATED!

I highly doubt that this talented group of developers, who keep this game up and running and pour their heart and soul into its content were happy with the state of U45 before it was launched!

So, to whoever decided to push U45 out in its current condition.... Shame on you!

Shame on you, for not prioritizing "The overall health of the game" over Hardcore season 2!

~E

Quote Originally Posted by EShadowbringer View Post
    I have been stewing over this for a couple days now, and going back and forth between logging in and trying to get my main through the next 3 levels so i can TR ...and browsing Steam for anything that catches my eye.

First... To the development team Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this game. I could list some specifics but a huge THANK YOU to all of you will suffice!

I am actually in support of most of the changes in the release notes!

Inqisitive needed a nerf 6+ months ago
    THF needed some love several+ years ago
    Resist shrines going away ... I was OK with it years ago when it was initially supposed to
    Balance, balance , balance I'm on board!

Old content polish and making it Epic .. Thumbs Up!
    Releasing a new class = Diversification and flavor! super cool!
    sorting of the shared bank .. HUGE QOL improvement! Just being able to reverse the order is massive IMO for xfering items from a mule really quick!
    64bit client I'm not tech savvy enough to know how good this is or is not so I will defer to the experts that it is a good thing!

I am even OK with the Hardcore Server! (sort of, but we will get to that in just a moment)
    DDO was one of the pioneers of the FTP/Micro transaction era and it is a huge part of their income! DDO being profitable is good for all of us!

I'm not even going to list the little things i am not in favor of because it unimportant as to why I am so FRUSTRATED!

I highly doubt that this talented group of developers, who keep this game up and running and pour their heart and soul into its content were happy with the state of U45 before it was launched!

So, to whoever decided to push U45 out in its current condition.... Shame on you!

Shame on you, for not prioritizing "The overall health of the game" over Hardcore season 2!

~E
    So, why are you frustrated? You only mentioned praise followed by shame on you. Please, if you are going to vent your frustrations on the forums, at least vent your frustrations!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    So, why are you frustrated? You only mentioned praise followed by shame on you. Please, if you are going to vent your frustrations on the forums, at least vent your frustrations!
    "So, to whoever decided to push U45 out in its current condition.... Shame on you!"

It is no secret that this is one of the most bug ridden updates ever, I didn't think I needed to clarify that. You are right, I probably should have listed some of the specific issue.

My frustration is not in the content of the update, its the condition of it!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    Imagine spending the time to write all that and not saying anything.

Yes, dev's can't use worthless feedback like this. Please be more specific in your complaints or don't write anything at all. All noise no signal.
    Toon on cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    Imagine spending the time to write all that and not saying anything.

Yes, dev's can't use worthless feedback like this. Please be more specific in your complaints or don't write anything at all. All noise no signal.
    Sigh, others are doing a fine job of listing the issues with U45! I wish i were more eloquent in my ability to get my thoughts into words!

I am not trying to give the Dev's worthless feedback .. I was simply saying thank you to them! Their tireless and often thankless work is not something I wanted to criticize in a forum post.

My issue goes further up the ladder.

There is a small group or an individual that set the deadline for U45 to come out ahead of HC season 2
    U45 was not ready yet it was deployed anyway.

That is who this post is trying to call out!

Community Member

"So, to whoever decided to push U45 out in its current condition.... Shame on you!"

It is no secret that this is one of the most bug ridden updates ever, I didn't think I needed to clarify that. You are right, I probably should have listed some of the specific issue.

My frustration is not in the content of the update, its the condition of it!
    I played it for hours last night and didn't see any bugs. I'm not saying the don't exist I'm saying that you need to be specific or people will have zero idea what you are talking about.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    I played it for hours last night and didn't see any bugs. I'm not saying the don't exist I'm saying that you need to be specific or people will have zero idea what you are talking about.
    It’s okay that you don’t understand what OP is talking about. SSG certainly does. They know that this huge update has a ton of bugs (including old bugs resurfacing). Way more bugs than they’ve had in the last few years.

I’m glad you didn’t notice any bugs so far. That’s great for you. I hope you continue to enjoy the game and spend your money on it.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

While I’m not too upset about the condition of the update I do feel they could have done much better. After saying that last night I was reminded they have recently done much worse. So I concede while I’m not happy with the update, at least there haven’t been major game breaking issues.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    take a quick look through the general forums or the dev tracker. your specifics are there.

My personal bug list is irrelevant.

Although, try a non staff THF for a bit if you want to experience some for yourself

I am not trying to call out the Dev's .. I am calling out the Boss! because it is my feeling that U45 NEEDED at least one more preview week on Lam

and I would bet a fair amount of $ that it was deployed under protest (probably silent) by some of the developers who needed a bit more time to cross some t's and dot some i's

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    While I’m not too upset about the condition of the update I do feel they could have done much better. After saying that last night I was reminded they have recently done much worse. So I concede while I’m not happy with the update, at least there haven’t been major game breaking issues.
    I cant remember a worse one! Maybe its because this one happened to hit a perfect storm of issues that are relevant to me specifically.

Default .

Man, people's expectations are WAY too high. I assumed that u45 was going to make the game unplayable for at least a few days this week so the fact that I can actually log in and play on the 64bit beta client is a win as far as i'm concerned.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    the fact that I can actually log in and play on the 64bit beta client is a win as far as i'm concerned.
    Yeah, I was surprised I had no issues with it at all. I have a guildie withe an incredible PC that was unable to use the 64bit client for some reason.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    I assumed that u45 was going to make the game unplayable for at least a few days this week
    I think it is fair for us to have a litter higher expectation than this .. ha ha ha

Being fair, from the feedback, it is becoming clear ...that I am more sensitive to U45 issues than some people are.

I cant remember a worse one! Maybe its because this one happened to hit a perfect storm of issues that are relevant to me specifically.
    When night revels was released last year the game was literally unplayable for a couple days. Also several people got stuck tr'ing due to taking an epic past life, leveling with trash feats, then unable to true reincarnate afterwards.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member Retired_Old_Gamer's Avatar
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

U45 is performing well. Like all updates in a complex game, it will have a few bugs.
    Last edited by Lagin; 02-14-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    Sig is TBDL. Too busy being not busy.

Founder, Alpha, Omega and Other Secret Things AnubisPrime's Avatar

The only things I've noticed running the 64 bit client are some weird graphics artifacts on the airship. Strange cropping in and out; uneven texture areas (pipes not lining up in the cargo hold) and textures flashing/jumping in and out next to the vendor in the ship cannith crafting room.

I knew it's BETA going in, so I will take the good with the bad.

Performance is significantly better on my rig, and lag (client side lag) is virtually gone.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Community Member

When night revels was released last year the game was literally unplayable for a couple days. Also several people got stuck tr'ing due to taking an epic past life, leveling with trash feats, then unable to true reincarnate afterwards.
    *nods* I do remember the severe lag during revels

didn't know about the TR one .. that would be awful!!! I have often thought when selecting trash feats for ER setting up for TR "what if i had to play this toon?"

Bounty Hunter

I am encountering zero issues with the update and very confused by the original post in general. It's the most unusal combination of thanking and shaming the devs I've ever seen for sure.

But +1 for making such an effort to be constructive and positive.

exactly, they ended up giving out downtime "rewards"...at least I think it was from that experience.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Do you know the single thing I like most about HCL ?

It is really simple. it forces players to play D+D
    and not Duke Nukem with cheat codes activated.

You can't blitz dungeons with a pocket full of rez cakes.
    It makes you stop and consider "If I cut corners, I will be dead and start over."
    It gives players a reason to want a full party.
    It restricts a lot of 'I win' gear.
    It makes player "live in the now" (for survival) instead of being solely
    centered on some perfect end game power build.

It makes the game fun again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast