Community Manager

Default SSG Community Meetup: Adventure Pub - Friday, February 28th 7-10p Eastern

+

Community Meetup - Friday, February 29th 2020 7:00pm - 10:00pm Eastern at the Adventure Pub in Arlington, MA

We are excited to announce that we will be holding a community meetup for Dungeons & Dragons Online and The Lord of the Rings Online players in the Boston area on Friday, February 28th, from 7:00pm to 10:00pm Eastern! This is the Friday evening of PAX East, although no badge is required to attend. If you are in the area, or think you want to make the drive, please RSVP! We usually see a mix of PAX East attendees and players who live close enough to want to attend, and everyone is welcome!

This will be our first year holding this meetup away from the PAX East convention area, so please let us know how things go. If getting to the venue from the convention center is a deal-breaker for you, get in touch with Cordovan through PM and we'll see if there is anything we can do.

Here are the details:

Where: Adventure Pub in Arlington, Massachusetts
    When: Friday, February 28th 7:00pm-10:00pm Eastern
    What: Free food and games, full cash bar available, Q&A, fun, swag, and surprises!

People under the age of 21 are welcome at the venue as long as they are with a responsible adult. There will be plenty of non-alchoholic choices to purchase at the bar as well.

There is free street parking in the area, and the venue is a 1/4 mile or so walk from public transportation.

Additionally, Adventure Pub is a tabletop-focused gastropub, so make sure to bring any games you picked up at PAX East or elsewhere and play them with your group or others! Tabletop RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons or The One Ring RPG are also welcomed and encouraged here.

https://theadventurepub.com/

190 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02474 (Google Maps Link)

We will be taking RSVPs through Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 here: RSVP is now closed. Please PM Cordovan on the forums here if you wish to attend.

If you still want to RSVP after February 19th, please contact me directly through a Private Message here. We need to get a "final" head count to the venue a week prior.

Members of the DDO and LOTRO development teams will be there, as will Executive Producer Rob Ciccolini. I'll be there of course. We'll have new swag, too!

Expect time for both personal and general Q&A, free food, fun and games, and probably even a few secrets. If you are a streamer or broadcaster, we expect to have the capability to have you do something from the venue if you want. We're also exploring whether there is enough interest to set up a few computers to play DDO/LOTRO on.

We have enough space to accept more RSVPs than in previous years at a different venue, so please come!

Also just to repeat: This is literally a pub catering to tabletop gamers and RPG players. Also happens to be run by someone you might know who used to go by the name Vyvyanne here.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-20-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    +

Community Meetup - Friday, February 29th 2020 7:00pm - 10:00pm Eastern at the Adventure Pub in Arlington, MA

PLEASE RSVP HERE

We are excited to announce that we will be holding a community meetup for Dungeons & Dragons Online and The Lord of the Rings Online players in the Boston area on Friday, February 28th, from 7:00pm to 10:00pm Eastern! This is the Friday evening of PAX East, although no badge is required to attend. If you are in the area, or think you want to make the drive, please RSVP! We usually see a mix of PAX East attendees and players who live close enough to want to attend, and everyone is welcome!

This will be our first year holding this meetup away from the PAX East convention area, so please let us know how things go. If getting to the venue from the convention center is a deal-breaker for you, get in touch with Cordovan through PM and we'll see if there is anything we can do.

Here are the details:

Where: Adventure Pub in Arlington, Massachusetts
    When: Friday, February 28th 7:00pm-10:00pm Eastern
    What: Free food and games, full cash bar available, Q&A, fun, swag, and surprises!

People under the age of 21 are welcome at the venue as long as they are with a responsible adult. There will be plenty of non-alchoholic choices to purchase at the bar as well.

There is free street parking in the area, and the venue is a 1/4 mile or so walk from public transportation.

Additionally, Adventure Pub is a tabletop-focused gastropub, so make sure to bring any games you picked up at PAX East or elsewhere and play them with your group or others! Tabletop RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons or The One Ring RPG are also welcomed and encouraged here.

https://theadventurepub.com/

190 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02474 (Google Maps Link)

We will be taking RSVPs through Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SSGMeetupRSVP

If you still want to RSVP after February 19th, please contact me directly through a Private Message here. We need to get a "final" head count to the venue a week prior.

Members of the DDO and LOTRO development teams will be there, as will Executive Producer Rob Ciccolini. I'll be there of course. We'll have new swag, too!

Expect time for both personal and general Q&A, free food, fun and games, and probably even a few secrets. If you are a streamer or broadcaster, we expect to have the capability to have you do something from the venue if you want. We're also exploring whether there is enough interest to set up a few computers to play DDO/LOTRO on.

We have enough space to accept more RSVPs than in previous years at a different venue, so please come!

Also just to repeat: This is literally a pub catering to tabletop gamers and RPG players. Also happens to be run by someone you might know who used to go by the name Vyvyanne here.
    Wishing you all a fabulous time , very envious, hope you enjoy every moment. Keep well.
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /

Community Member

What a neat looking place. I want one!

Thumbs up

Have a good time. Have some extra for me too please.

Community Member Retired_Old_Gamer's Avatar
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Sounds like a blast.
    Last edited by Lagin; 02-18-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Community Member

Blulady and I will be there. Can't wait.

~Z~
    Zivon Rostov (Sarlona)

Community Manager

Thanks again, everyone! I am here to let people know that we've now submitted our RSVP to the venue, so we're basically closing RSVPs for now. If you missed your chance, just PM me and let me know so we can make sure we can accommodate you. We're above projections and will have a nice full Adventure Pub gathering of up to 60 people! There is room, food, and table gaming space for everyone.
    Join us on Twitch!

I'm going and I'll be at PAX Thurs and Fri.
    I'm looking for a ride, or to share one, to the meetup Friday from either PAX or one of the local hotels. Please send me a PM.

Thanks!
    Ghallanda (38): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf, Fullmettle, etc...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Friday, February 29th
    Aww darn, found out about it a week too late!

Community Manager

Thank you to everyone who attended! It was fun, and an honor, to hang with everyone. Seemed like folks had a good time, and the venue seemed perfect. If anyone who attended has feedback, feel free to let me know.
    Join us on Twitch!