Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

At first the idea of losing the shrines was annoying but now I'm starting to get used to not having to run back to the ship over and over to refresh them. It's more of a minor inconvenience than a gamebreaker. We now need to whip some gnomes into crafting illusionnary holodancers for all those empty hook points.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Oh no, those shrines have got to go. Go, go, Nerfzilla!
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

I concur. Thanks for this move. Now, get rid of pot and scroll vendors

Community Member

Default Why'd the NPCs go too?

That +2 guild bonus to damage was a big deal at low levels. Not sure why the NPCs had to go too :/

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveTuohy View Post
    I concur. Thanks for this move. Now, get rid of pot and scroll vendors
    Remove heal scrolls from vendors, make Cocoon a core so it can't be twisted.

Then you can get rid of the self-heal penalty in Reaper.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    Facepalm...

Since you must be new to this game:
    My guess is that this reply was rather satire ... I would actually like to have resitance of 30 points at level one, yes, THAT would be really GREAT !
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    My guess is that this reply was rather satire ... I would actually like to have resitance of 30 points at level one, yes, THAT would be really GREAT !
    Of course it was sarcasm. I was responding to VERY active forum poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Remove heal scrolls from vendors, make Cocoon a core so it can't be twisted.

Then you can get rid of the self-heal penalty in Reaper.
    Lol as well as most of the remaining player base. No players, no game, no more need for nerfs. Problem solved!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

I never bothered with the resists, even when I was level 1 from a fresh TR. Anyone that complains about them being gone must be really weak or just enjoys complaining.
    Gwhyn Saige - heroic and epic completionist, loving the EK build
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...elee-wizard-EK

Community Member

Seriously though the +30 stacking resists was the most useful ship buff. It did make lower level quests super easy (but who really enjoys playing lower level quests???). Since you have to cast the spell 5(!!!) times to get the reaction, or remember which resists you need all the time, this makes buffing at the beginning more tedious. Further it requites players to stock up on yet another in game buff scroll/potion.

You could balance this by removing the "energy resists buff" and giving something that is one spell that does all 5, even if this requires a higher level to cast it would be totally worth it. Or having the guild energy resists buff scale with level so it only gives 10 at level 1. At any rate this was the the most useful buff, especially for new characters and new players, and they took it away.

I noticed the people who are being rude on here are elitists: well nobody said you had to use the buff if you're just too good for it.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Here is the problem with the nerf:

It skews the game in favor of very high-level guilds and makes small, low-level guilds irrelevant. A lvl 200 guild has access to the new guild buffs and can upgrade the resists to 15; while 15 is not 30, it is still significant for the early game. A small guild has resists of 5 - a pittance.

To the average player, who wishes to have every advantage, the high-level guild buffs are better, and the player will seek to join a high-level guild.

What the old guild buffs did was allow low-level guilds to offer buffs and compete with the high-level guilds.

Players will now likely only seek very high level guilds. this is a huge problem.

Leveling a guild in DDO takes forever unless you buy potions to accelerate it.

This was the basis for my financial boycott of the HCL -
    on the regular servers, there is no reason to polarize the players and kill small guilds.

On the HCL server, yes remove whatever buffs you wish,
    but the nerfs did not and should not have been done on the regular live servers.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    It skews the game in favor of very high-level guilds and makes small, low-level guilds irrelevant. A lvl 200 guild has access to the new guild buffs and can upgrade the resists to 15; while 15 is not 30, it is still significant for the early game. A small guild has resists of 5 - a pittance.
    Errr... WAT!?

Since when regular ship resist give 15 at low level?

My low level toons gets 5, and capped gets 15 and all are in same guild. Just tested on lvl 1 toon and lvl 87 guild gives 5 to lvl 1, and 15 to lvl 27.

And IIRC old cargo greater shrines required something like lvl 60 guild to be able to buy them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I can and will point out the direct contradiction in logic when I see it. Being concerned about 30 point resists unbalancing the game in a game that sells character power straight cash, is a direct contradiction in logic.

Its akin to complaining about the weather today being partly cloudy, but the yesterday a typhoon blew your house away, but not a peep about yesterdays weather.

Combine that with the level of schadenfreude on the forums each time a nerf occurs, and we can clearly see this is another case, in a phone-book-thick binder of cases, of being far too concerned with what other people are doing in completely different instances.

People complaining about 30 point resists, but not batting an eye to selling of hilarious amounts of character power, obvious are not really concerned with game balance. If they were they wouldnt be complaining about the one mole hill, while hundreds of mountains stand in the way of what they want.
    where is all this isane amounts of character power, i want to buy some, 8 point tomes just aint enough when i already have 30 plus of a stat

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erainone View Post
    but who really enjoys playing lower level quests???
    I still do.

Not everyone is playing the same game as you, that's no reason to make the lower level quests stupid with 30pt energy resists

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123