Default NHB and fusilade warm up time?

I know the intention was to add the warmup to NHB. I also thought that there was talk of making them both a little faster.

Right now I'm seeing about 3 seconds. This is what it used to be. Was the faster warm up decided against?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

Seems like a lot of the buffs that were promised to go with the nerfs didnt seem to actually make it into the patch, huh?

Funny how all the nerfs survived unscathed though...

I mentioned this on lamland preview 1, and was ignored.

It is stupid long and painful, and actually makes it dangerous to use in combat (when you're supposed to be able to use it).

Would have preferred they nerf it to 15 second duration instead of "18" seconds with 3 seconds of not being able to do anything before it. At least then it'd still be useful and fun.

If its going to be 3 seconds, so be it. I dealt with it back on my xcb builds when slavers was the new content.

I'd just like to know if they intended it since there was talk about making it less. Did it get forgotten? Missed? Did they change their mind?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    If its going to be 3 seconds, so be it. I dealt with it back on my xcb builds when slavers was the new content.

I'd just like to know if they intended it since there was talk about making it less. Did it get forgotten? Missed? Did they change their mind?

"don't worry"(tm)

Unhappy Sigh....

I'm noticing several times that NHB can go on cooldown w/o being activated as well.

Now, I don't know about others but adding a wind-up animation to NHB is the biggest QoL downgrade to crossbow styles I've seen in a while.

I'd rather they ditched the animation from EF to make it more fun like the old NHB, instead of the nerf they went with.
    I don't think there would be a single EF build who wouldn't enjoy not having a silly DPS delay like that.

Community Member

IDK why they're so afraid to make combat more fast-paced. A 1-sec delay is still a non-trivial delay in combat.

They're fine with fights becoming one- or two-shot affairs at high levels, but they still seem to think 3 seconds (NHB, AF) is somehow not an eternity in a fight.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    Would have preferred they nerf it to 15 second duration instead of "18" seconds with 3 seconds of not being able to do anything before it. At least then it'd still be useful and fun.
    But that misses the point entirely. The nerf was never about balance, it was only ever there to punish you. If they reduced it to 15 seconds you would still be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    IDK why they're so afraid to make combat more fast-paced. A 1-sec delay is still a non-trivial delay in combat.

They're fine with fights becoming one- or two-shot affairs at high levels, but they still seem to think 3 seconds (NHB, AF) is somehow not an eternity in a fight.
    Right? In combat, even 1 second can feel like an eternity of inaction.

Bueller?

Yep, I wish they did as the notes said they would do. Reduced the windup for EF and add same windup to Inqi
    Wayfinder: Member of Densetsu No Samurai. Karisan HR 10, RR 5, IR 2, ER 31, SP 48 Ramasa HR 2, RR 0, IR 2, ER 4, SP 18

Community Member

I too hate this. Hated it as an Arti, hate it as an Inqui. Just a PITA.

Community Member

My big gripe is the wind-up makes it active instead of reactive. While playing Inq before the patch, I had NHB bound to an easy to hit key so when things went pair-shaped I could "react" by turning it on.

I played Artificers a lot and found Endless Fusalade to be functionally useless. I didn't need to have it anywhere to reach because the situations where I wanted to stop dealing damage for a while were few and far between. It basically only got tapped when I knew an encounter was coming, or in a boss fight. Never actually in combat.

I'd much rather they move the dead spot to the end so I can keep it as a quick reaction to a rough spot.