Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 160
  1. #121
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead
    Posts
    6,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaviMOC View Post
    Swiped Signet
    SS has already been nerfed to the ground.

    It used to be just as tough as Proof @ Poison at level. After pulling lever in spider room, and the door opens to left of quest entrance, that ledge to the upper right was only accessible by a ladder. That landing had a few heavy-hitting casters and ranged, now it's lame. There was a named spider below that ledge that was random. I haven't seen that spider in years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you die in a trap, it sort of is your fault. Unless it's my fault, then IT IS my fault


  2. #122
    Community Member DaviMOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    SS has already been nerfed to the ground.

    It used to be just as tough as Proof @ Poison at level. After pulling lever in spider room, and the door opens to left of quest entrance, that ledge to the upper right was only accessible by a ladder. That landing had a few heavy-hitting casters and ranged, now it's lame. There was a named spider below that ledge that was random. I haven't seen that spider in years.

    Yeah, still can be very challenging sometimes with some toons specially after the air pressure closed door near the ending even with buffs =p.
    Last edited by DaviMOC; 02-14-2020 at 10:09 AM.

  3. #123
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post

    As a veteran, you can also start at level 7. So yeah, you have a lot of easy modes at your disposal, more than the newbies do.
    Is this one of those, "you can cast raise dead on a soul stone" dev comments? As a veteran, you can start at level 7 ON THE FIRST, AND ONLY THE FIRST LIFE of a character. What about the other 100+ lives? You can do 15 as an iconic, but you cannot get most of the past lives this way, so your point is invalid.

    Be honest: is SSG planning to make ANY new low level content, now that you've unbridled your creative juices by removing these shrines? If you aren't, you're spiteful. If you ARE, you're foolish for doing this so close on the heels of Keep on the Borderlands.

  4. #124
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead
    Posts
    6,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    is SSG planning to make ANY new low level content........ Keep on the Borderlands.
    There are over 45 "modules" sanctioned by WotC that SSG can use that are below level 7.

    Not knowing how the authorization to publish those modules work is something none of us will ever know, but since ToEE it's quite obvious that WotC and SSG are collaborating.

    Now back to the op........

    Again I call the boycott part of the "cancel culture" people are caught up in. It's total nonsense

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you die in a trap, it sort of is your fault. Unless it's my fault, then IT IS my fault


  5. #125
    Community Member DRoark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    ... balance, and not just on hardcore league.
    So, the same rationale for taking (non-INQ) ranged and stomping them into the dirt, because killing multiple classes was easier than balancing one improperly tested Tree?

    Just in time for HCL too, nice coincidence.
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

  6. #126
    Community Member Drunkendex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Somwehere where there is LOTS of rakija.
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    So, the same rationale for taking (non-INQ) ranged and stomping them into the dirt, because killing multiple classes was easier than balancing one improperly tested Tree?

    Just in time for HCL too, nice coincidence.

  7. #127
    Community Member DRoark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    262

    Default

    I liked that movie, but Spiderman was a bit of a putz. )
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

  8. #128
    Community Member Inanout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hamilton,ON,CA
    Posts
    307

    Default

    It is better to vote with your wallet.
    If you want to play HC and use the store then really not hard core.
    I loved this game and never minded spending to support.
    Now if the game shut it doors I really wont be surprised.

    Who is in charge?

    THF had it hard now the animations are game breaking for some.
    Ips nerf because a money grab tree.
    I thought the devs played the game. So they played for years and now ips is all of a sudden a problem. I guess the devs really did not know the game that well.

    Just because someone is likeable does not mean they are good at their job.

    Maybe hire someone actually capable of overseeing updates and releasing them unbroken.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

  9. #129
    Community Member DRoark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inanout View Post
    Who is in charge?

    Ips nerf because a money grab tree.
    I thought the devs played the game. So they played for years and now ips is all of a sudden a problem. I guess the devs really did not know the game that well.
    Well, when Coco posted the Inquisitor was OP, we expected them to fix the Tree, not take lesser ranged builds and make them extinct.
    We don't have a single Ranger in the usual groups anymore, our "main" one rickrolled a Paladin now since his damage is much better.
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

  10. #130
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    Well, when Coco posted the Inquisitor was OP, we expected them to fix the Tree, not take lesser ranged builds and make them extinct.
    We don't have a single Ranger in the usual groups anymore, our "main" one rickrolled a Paladin now since his damage is much better.
    What other way are you going to keep the p2w going? Inq has to be better than other ranged (because it is for sale and hasn't reached market saturation yet) but can't be better than [the newest thing for sale], the obvious answer is to break something that is important to ranged AND not available in the store.

  11. #131
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    Considering the vast number of players who spoke out against the nerfs of patch 45, including the
    removal of the old school ship buffs,
    how much money we've all spent on our guild ships and real-time grinding - and those players who
    asked the dev team specifically to separate the Hardcore League from the legitimate home servers and
    not sweep ridiculous hardcore death league balance changes and nerfs into our ordinary gameplay,
    I am continuing my call out for the community to boycott Hardcore League Season Two.

    Perhaps I am not the only one tired of posting here and being completely ignored -

    literally every player I know - everyone - is unhappy about the old school ship buffs being removed -
    Its the old school people, like me, who spend thousands of real-world dollars on this game -

    So go ahead flame away at me, I am an easy target - I love DDO - been playing probably way too long,
    long before this crew of devs grabbed the tiller and began tacking into these waters,
    but some 2009 promise made by different devs, to remove those old ship buffs, then doing it 11 years later,
    then denying it has anything to do with hardcore league server balancing, well that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard
    Drop your sub, this way you show them you didnt like the nerfs and as a bonus make sure you wont join the money grab event. I mean HCL.

  12. #132
    Community Member DRoark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banmeagain View Post
    Drop your sub, this way you show them you didnt like the nerfs and as a bonus make sure you wont join the money grab event. I mean HCL.
    Even though it probably won't matter since they're already said "...THEY were happy...", the entire guild already did. Noone's doing HC either.
    Between the blanket ranged nerf, and other game design decisions, we're over paying for this. Most aren't buying Alchemist either.
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

  13. #133
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    Even though it probably won't matter since they're already said "...THEY were happy...", the entire guild already did. Noone's doing HC either.
    Between the blanket ranged nerf, and other game design decisions, we're over paying for this. Most aren't buying Alchemist either.
    I didnt buy it since it is half broken.

  14. #134
    Community Member Burradin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Radcliff Ky
    Posts
    513

    Default Thanks for the fish

    These kind of post are so funny and entertaining. Not sure why they pop up. People who where going to boycott (or not play) HCL still will not and those who were still will. Before you argue that you are informing SSG, they actually have stats from the servers and are not using the forums to track who plays HCL and who doesn't. These post change nothing except maybe the blood pressure of some people who think they are right and get upset everyone else is not on their side.

    As for the resists? Really? If you can't run quest because of a lightning bolt, fireball, etc, then you try to do it differently and find a way to survive. Isn't that the point, to find a strategy that works. On the regular servers, it is not perma death, so dying is an opportunity to learn. HCL is about executing strategies to negate the things that can kill you. The only exception in my mind is lag and SSG does need to continue to work that as I believe they probably are. With that said, lag has caused more than one profanity to come from me.

    I did not use the resist shrines on my boat because it was not worth the time to me. And since my boat only has me and the wife on it, we get to make that decision. Yes, I usually run with the wife or solo, because I long ago got tired of the aggravation of grouping. I don't care who dies. I don't care who leads kill count. I don't care what your build is. The list can go on. I run reaper, because I find the challenge fun. Yes, I do die because of lag, reapers occasionally, or sometimes I just do something dumb. Last HCL, I died three times, one due to lag and two due to doing something stupid. But it has actually made me strategize better on my regular server.

    The long time players have a tendency to get lazy and take advantage of their longevity. No problem with that, but don't whine if something like the resists is removed because it is so easy to get around that. Show your time in game has made you a player that can adjust.

    I will argue nerfs to classes, enhancement trees because I do believe SSG should not release them until they are sure they are right. But in that case, there would be no nerfs because it was right to start with. You could argue that this is the same with resists. But as stated through out this thread, so many ways to replace that. And I don't see it as bait and switch like as I do the class and enhancement tree changes. I am not accusing SSG of bait and switch tactics, but I will say the appearance is not a good look for SSG.

    Sinfully/Fopo
    It is ok to hate me, I don't like me most of the time.
    The Harsh Reality is "we both believe we are right"
    People are strange
    Relax, it is a game to be enjoyed.

  15. #135
    Community Member Josielynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    We've known they wanted to get rid of them for some time, but its pretty silly to claim this is about balance. For me it is about convenience. It was convenient not to spend X amount of time casting on myself, my hubby, and my children at the start of quests. It was convenient NOT to spend the spell points every quest. It was convenient not to have to scroll or wand cast for characters without access innately to the spell. It was convenient on non-strength alts to not carry potions or switch items.

    But please don't claim its about balance when potions are sold in the store that give 20 resist at level 1. Please don't claim balance when the new cla$$ comes out fresh from creation with a stacking elemental resistance. Balance is nonsense when stacking past lives can give elemental resistance and absorption. Balance is an illusion when the revenue stream comes from paying for ways to circumvent inconvenience.

    I will adapt. I will clog my inventory with more drek to overcome the artificial challenge. But don't expect me to thank anyone for the inconvenience, nor to pretend that this change somehow added to my fun. It did not. If it made the game more fun for you ...kudos.
    I agree with this. I wish they had just implemented the level restrictions for 10/20/30, which is the only way it could be argued was for balance. Unless you are lucky enough to have the mass version, cycling through casting resists for everyone is annoyingly long due to the cooldown.

    From the OP ...and those players who asked the dev team specifically to separate the Hardcore League from the legitimate home servers and not sweep ridiculous hardcore death league balance changes and nerfs into our ordinary gameplay, I am continuing my call out for the community to boycott Hardcore League Season Two.
    I support this, as well. The only reason I played on the HC server was for a cosmetic that is broken. Yes, Torc did a partial fix, but after the variety of U45 nerfs, my trust is gone. So there's a HC2 and people share their best build combos and little tricks (boasting, being nice, whatever), and guess what? Those will get nerfed, too. And by you playing there, they glean data to continue that cycle.
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

  16. #136
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Human nature.

    If changes are made that are good for the game but not good for your build personally.
    Players will scream and cry.
    If changes do not effect them at all.
    Players will scream and cry that you are ignoring them.
    If new content comes and it has a cost.
    Players will scream and cry because they want it free.

    and so on

  17. #137
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    Human nature.

    If changes are made that are good for the game but not good for your build personally.
    Players will scream and cry.
    If changes do not effect them at all.
    Players will scream and cry that you are ignoring them.
    If new content comes and it has a cost.
    Players will scream and cry because they want it free.

    and so on
    If changes were made to improve team play it would be fine.

    But lots of the last changes hurts grouping badly.

  18. #138
    Community Member Aeron1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portable Hole
    Posts
    195

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    Considering the vast number of players who spoke out against the nerfs of patch 45, including the
    removal of the old school ship buffs,
    how much money we've all spent on our guild ships and real-time grinding - and those players who
    asked the dev team specifically to separate the Hardcore League from the legitimate home servers and
    not sweep ridiculous hardcore death league balance changes and nerfs into our ordinary gameplay,
    I am continuing my call out for the community to boycott Hardcore League Season Two.

    Perhaps I am not the only one tired of posting here and being completely ignored -

    literally every player I know - everyone - is unhappy about the old school ship buffs being removed -
    Its the old school people, like me, who spend thousands of real-world dollars on this game -

    So go ahead flame away at me, I am an easy target - I love DDO - been playing probably way too long,
    long before this crew of devs grabbed the tiller and began tacking into these waters,
    but some 2009 promise made by different devs, to remove those old ship buffs, then doing it 11 years later,
    then denying it has anything to do with hardcore league server balancing, well that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard
    Definitely on your side here!

    I loved HCL 1 and your and especially Fawngates (Silverleafeon) effort for the community by funding and managing the big guilds on HCL was a huge part why it was such a success.

    That the Developers used this to punish us and "fix" the game with the data they gathered is a blow to the face.

    The "other guy" who spent probably as much as you, spent it on a Supreme +8 Tome, Gold Rolls to Level 5 etc. to help him make it to the top of the Reaper board, made it all for selfish reasons and not for the community.

    Now the spending for all players got a nerf, but buying powerful upgrades to one toon is supported!? Really!?

    So I will follow your call and hope that many others do as well

  19. #139
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron1976 View Post
    Definitely on your side here!

    I loved HCL 1 and your and especially Fawngates (Silverleafeon) effort for the community by funding and managing the big guilds on HCL was a huge part why it was such a success.

    That the Developers used this to punish us and "fix" the game with the data they gathered is a blow to the face.

    The "other guy" who spent probably as much as you, spent it on a Supreme +8 Tome, Gold Rolls to Level 5 etc. to help him make it to the top of the Reaper board, made it all for selfish reasons and not for the community.

    Now the spending for all players got a nerf, but buying powerful upgrades to one toon is supported!? Really!?

    So I will follow your call and hope that many others do as well
    True, but the only people who care about the leaderboard are the people on it. I will never look at it and presume that anyone there bought there way to the top, no matter how much they may protest otherwise.

  20. #140
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    There's a lot of arguments we could make for keeping those buffs, but the big reason why they had to go had to do with balance, and not just on hardcore league.

    Take a look at those buffs from game design perspective.
    I understand getting rid of the resists. I don't like it, but I understand it. I don't understand getting rid of the crew, many of which didn't fully stack with the new-style buffs and most of which were like +1 to a particular skill even when it did stack. My cargo hold's gonna seem so empty without my loyal crew of many years standing around in a half-circle pretending they were at a meeting!

    ...Basically I want to see the dancing kobold kept, dagnabbit!

    Perhaps the crew, having been forced to retire, will be able to take up some light duty around the ship? I've always wanted some class trainers hanging around the upper deck, hint hint!

    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    As a veteran, you can also start at level 7.
    ...on a new character.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload