Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Master list of what works with strikethrough

Srikethrough is a mechanic that allows attacks to hit multiple targets. This thread is an attempt to consolidate information on witch single target special attacks trigger strikethrough and witch do not. Hopefully the ones that do not will be addressed by a developer, be they corrected or explained why they should not trigger strikethrough. I will attempt to update this post as I gather more information.

Please contribute if you find out things that work or don't work!

What Works with Strikethrough
    • Paladin Class
      • Smite evil

• Bard Class
      • Warchanter enhancement - Frozen Fury
      • Swashbuckler enhancement - Blow by blow (hit multiple targets, could not test threat aspect)
      • Swashbuckler enhancement - En Point (hit multiple targets, but i think it does that normally)
      • Swashbuckler enhancement - Coup De Grace

• Druid Class
      • Natures defensive stance allows strikethrough. While in bear form strikethrough works regardless of what weapons you wield.

• Barbarian
      • Frenzied Berserker enhancement - Cracking Attack
      • Frenzied Berserker enhancement - Exhausting Blow
      • Ravager enhancement - Hate
      • Ravager enhancement - Slaughter
      • Ravager enhancement - Cruel Cut
      • Occult slayer enhancement - Ear Smash
      • Occult slayer enhancement - Vicious strike

• Fighter
      • Kensai enhancement - Shattering Strike (only one instance of the debuff is applied)
      • Kensai enhancement - Opportunity Attack (you get one instance of the buff)
      • Kensai enhancement - Deadly Strike
      • Kensai enhancement - A Good Death
      • Stalwart Defender enhancement - Block and cut

• FvS
      • Warsoul enhancement - Smite Foe

• Monk Class
      • Finishing moves
      • Fire/air/water/earth strikes
      • Fists of Darkness
      • Ninja Spy Enhancement - Ninjutsu line (modify touch of despair finishers)
      • Henshin mystic Enhancement - Elemental words (all-consuming flame, porous soul, static charge, winters touch)
      • Henshin mystic Enhancement - Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light
      • Henshin mystic Enhancement - Quick strike (hits multiple targets, only 1 instance of DS applied to player)
      • Shintao Enhancement - Jade Strike
      • Shintao Enhancement - Tomb of Jade
      • Shintao Enhancement - Dismissing strike
      • Shintao Enhancement - Smite tainted (unconfirmed due to difficulty testing)

• Feats
      • Stunning Blow
      • Trip
      • Tendon Slice
      • Sap
      • Sunder

• Epic Destinies
      • FoTW - Boulder's Might
      • DC - Smite the wicked
      • LD - Lighting mace, volcano's edge. I didn't test Anvil of thunder but I assume it works to.
      • SD - Executioners strike
      • US - Celestial Mandate (Couldn't test hate effect)
      • US - Draw them out (Couldn't test hate effect)

What does NOT work with Strikethrough
    • Monk Class
      • Quivering palm
      • Enhancement - Elemental Ki strikes (eagle claw attack, fists of iron, knock on the sky, unbalancing strike)
      • Enhancement Ninja Spy- Touch of death
      • Enhancement Ninja spy- Shadow double
      • Henshin mystic Enhancement - Void Strike

• Fighter
      • Kensai enhancment - Strike at the heart (passive) only applies to the first target.

• Paladin Class
      • Vanguard enhancement - stunning shield

• Druid Class
      • Druid Bear Maul
      • Druid Bear Great Maul
      • Druid Bear shred
      • Druid Bear Relentless onslaught
      • Druid Enhancement - Natures Protector - Lighting strikes the mountain
      • Attacks while in winter wolf (not intended to work)

• Epic Destinies
      • Adrenaline Overload doesn't apply to secondary targets.
      • GMoF - The flower's thorn
      • LD - Momentum swing
      • SD - Shrouding strike, hits multiple targets but only main target gets improved destruction.

To be tested
    • Practically everything
    • class attacks
    • enhancements
    • Feats

When you test things, make sure to see if the activated attack hits both all targets. Also if it has an effect, make sure it is applied to both targets. There are some attacks that hit multiple targets but do not add the effect to the second targets.

Finished Testing
    • Druid Class
    • Fighter
    • Bard
    • Barbarian
    • Epic Destinies
    Last edited by Pilgrim1; 02-17-2020 at 11:15 AM.

anyone know how to make nested lists? Or tab in farther?

EDIT: figured it out!
    Last edited by Pilgrim1; 02-12-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Not at my comp at the moment, could someone confirm whether or not monk attacks work with it? (assuming Qstaff) Henshins could use some love

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    Not at my comp at the moment, could someone confirm whether or not monk attacks work with it? (assuming Qstaff) Henshins could use some love
    They do indeed . I had an entire group of enemies Dancing in a few strikes, and a few that were killing the rest for me whilst I ran ahead. Good times! (But still only viable on a REALLY crappy Henshin Staff Build).

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    They do indeed . I had an entire group of enemies Dancing in a few strikes, and a few that were killing the rest for me whilst I ran ahead. Good times! (But still only viable on a REALLY crappy Henshin Staff Build).

J1NG
    oh that is fantastic news! thank you!

Community Member

Testing with a paladin using a bastard sword and shield.

Feat: Stunning Blow works.
    Feature: Smite Evil works.
    Enhancement: Stunning Shield doesn't work.

J1NG
    Much love! Thanks a lot for testing! Glad I didn't TR out of monk.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Much love! Thanks a lot for testing! Glad I didn't TR out of monk.
    Yeah, I've tested that on Lamannia and held onto it, and just kept quiet about it until it was brought up. Henshin are in a bad enough state. Don't need someone on the up and up who looks at that and goes... "Hmm, that needs adjusting..."

So, just to reiterate, Finisher Moves work. Wave of Despair is especially Juicy as a starting combo to weaken everyone multiple times.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Terraism View Post
    Testing with a paladin using a bastard sword and shield.

Feat: Stunning Blow works.
    Feature: Smite Evil works.
    Enhancement: Stunning Shield doesn't work.
    Updated, thank you.

So, just to reiterate, Finisher Moves work.
    J1NG
    Updated, thank you.

PS. since you have a ninja spy monk, do you know if the following work or dont work?

elemental strikes
    Touch of death
    Shadow double
    Elemental claw attack, fists of iron, knock the sky, unbalancing strike.
    Quivering palm.

If you also have other shinto or hensi mystic any information on what works and doesn't would be great.

I'm disappointed that great maul (and other bear attacks) doesn't work, but thanks for testing it.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    PS. since you have a ninja spy monk, do you know if the following work or dont work?

elemental strikes
    None of the Elemental Ki Strikes work (Eagle Strike, etc). But the Vulnerability Mystic Words in Henshin work.

Touch of death
    Shadow double
    Ironically, I'm short on plat for the Ninja Spy toon so can't do that test at the moment. Willl get back to you on this one later.

Quivering palm.
    Doesn't work. Only initial target can be affected, and only by Double Strike, rather than Strike Through.

J1NG

Touch of death
    Shadow double
    Both do not trigger on anything other than the first strike on the main target.

J1NG

J1NG
    Updated, thanks.

How about the attacks linked to elemental stances? Fires of purity, flowing water strike, strike of the enduring, storm strike?

Updated, thanks.

How about the attacks linked to elemental stances? Fires of purity, flowing water strike, strike of the enduring, storm strike?
    Yes, all those Direct Elemental Based Attacks (Tiers I through IV) all work with Strike Through.

J1NG

Community Member

This is interesting. The Strikethrough change may have revitalized a bunch of old single-target attacks that few bother using anymore. Might we even see some dark monks perhaps?

What about Stunning Fist?

Might be excellent for Warchanter also if it works with Frozen Fury (which I think had a chance to proc on glancing).

Some things could even be too good, e.g Assassinate and Coup de Grace, but those are not really THF trees anyway.
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 02-12-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    This is interesting. The Strikethrough change may have revitalized a bunch of old single-target attacks that few bother using anymore. Might we even see some dark monks perhaps?

What about Stunning Fist?

Might be excellent for Warchanter also if it works with Frozen Fury (which I think had a chance to proc on glancing).

Some things could even be too good, e.g Assassinate and Coup de Grace, but those are not really THF trees anyway.
    only way to pull off stunning fist would be handwraps in bear form. Complicated, duable, but likely not worth it. Posibly not even working. Frozen fury is a much better thing to investigate. If you have any information on if it works or doesn't please share.

Community Member

only way to pull off stunning fist would be handwraps in bear form. Complicated, duable, but likely not worth it. Posibly not even working. Frozen fury is a much better thing to investigate. If you have any information on if it works or doesn't please share.
    Could also do it w DoD, but I actually forgot it doesn't work with weapon attacks.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone from SSG could give us this information?

Cheers,
    Titus
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Fighter Kensai Shattering Strike works.
    Fighter Kensai Opportunity Attack doesn't work.

J1NG

Community Member

FvS Warsoul Smite works.

Barbarian FB Cracking Attack works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast