Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Yeah, I've tested that on Lamannia and held onto it, and just kept quiet about it until it was brought up. Henshin are in a bad enough state. Don't need someone on the up and up who looks at that and goes... "Hmm, that needs adjusting..."

So, just to reiterate, Finisher Moves work. Wave of Despair is especially Juicy as a starting combo to weaken everyone multiple times.

J1NG
    So far I'm very satisfied with how they handled this for monks, feels fair and balanced. The most potentially OP moves like QP and Touch of Death are obviously not working. A bit of a shame about the Elemental Strikes, but I guess with the +W and extra range on some strikes it could be abused.

Everything else actually works and opens up new possibilities for the class, which is fun. Might actually be viable to build a control-focused Henshin now. And I'm now thinking that perhaps I should invest a few more points in Henshin to get Void Strike.

Also getting all sorts of weird ideas for a fighter / monk THF ninja, now wouldn't that be fun...
    Last edited by Ausdoerrt; 02-13-2020 at 02:55 AM.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Monk, Shintao: Jade Strike, Jade Tomb, Dismissing Strike also works.

Unknown for Smite Tainted Creature, as there's no easy way to test this. Since you need to Vorpal to trigger it for any targets you roll for. I'm going to assume it works though as it has a component. It has components that follow the Jade Strikes (On Condition, produce effect), but also identical to other of the Elemental Strikes (single damage boost), so it might do both (where only damage is single target, but the potential CC on Vorpal is multiple target), again no easy way to test this one.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    So far I'm very satisfied with how they handled this for monks, feels fair and balanced. The most potentially OP moves like QP and Touch of Death are obviously not working. A bit of a shame about the Elemental Strikes, but I guess with the +W and extra range on some strikes it could be abused.

Everything else actually works and opens up new possibilities for the class, which is fun. Might actually be viable to build a control-focused Henshin now. And I'm now thinking that perhaps I should invest a few more points in Henshin to get Void Strike.

Also getting all sorts of weird ideas for a fighter / monk THF ninja, now wouldn't that be fun...
    Heh, the only words I'd say are:

Vengeance Reaper Buffed Mob are your Henshin Mystics Friends. (Exploit? Maybe )

:: edit ::

It's just a shame you need to make a REALLY gimped (poorly designed) Monk to make this viable. The Henshin Tree needs some modification to support more Strikethrough.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

Trip works with ST.

Vengeance Reaper Buffed Mob are your Henshin Mystics Friends. (Exploit? Maybe )
    I wouldn't think so, I'd say it's using game mechanics as currently intended. If anything, they should nerf vengeance reapers Not that I play above r4, anyway.

It's just a shame you need to make a REALLY gimped (poorly designed) Monk to make this viable. The Henshin Tree needs some modification to support more Strikethrough.
    On the one hand, yea, it could use a ST boost.

On the other, considering how they shafted (pun intended) the rogue acrobat - see capstone nerf - maybe it's best they didn't touch the mystic...
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Default Frozen fury works

I can confirm that the warchanter frozen fury DOES work with strikethrough. On my thf warchanter i am reliably freezing 2 and occasionally 3. The mobs need to be a bit clustered together, nevertheless its a great addition

Community Member

So I am stealing this resource also for the wiki. I have started it here:
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Strikethrough

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Awesome, information redundancy is a good thing.

Updated, thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Great thanks, ill try to keep the OP updated as I can.

Since People are working on monk so much the following are still needed:
    Shinto: Reed in the wind
    Henshin Mystic: Quick strike, Void strike (please please please be working!! ^_^), Balance in Dawn (both sides).
    Monk strikes: light and dark strike (not the finishing moves, the initial strike).

Then the monk class is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    Since People are working on monk so much the following are still needed:
    Shinto: Reed in the wind
    I can check that in a moment. Need to get onto another toon.

Henshin Mystic: Quick strike, Void strike (please please please be working!! ^_^), Balance in Dawn (both sides).
    Quick Strike works with Strikethrough. But it will overwrite itself immediately in most cases, so not really useful in that sense unless if you've got REALLY bad Attack Bonus and want to hedge your bets with another chance to landing a hit. (In which case, increase Doublestrike too). :: Edit :: Currently in process of re-testing this again. Just to make sure I covered all bases for testing. Brb. :: Edit :: Confirmed it does Strikethrough properly.

Void Strike does not work with Strikethrough.
    Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light (The one that AOE heals) does not work with Strikethrough.

Monk strikes: light and dark strike (not the finishing moves, the initial strike).
    Fists of Darkness works with Strikethrough.
    Have not got anyone with Fists of Light and THF, so can't test that here (someone elses job ). But I'm assuming it should work the same.

J1NG
    Last edited by J1NG; 02-13-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Void Strike does not work with Strikethrough.
    Welp, back to the 'useless' box then.

Updated with bard, barbarian and fighter.

Good news all around, basically everything from those classes work with strikethrough, I wanna see a fun Coup de Grace build at some point!

Community Member

Anyone checked whether Smite Foe triggers multiple healing bursts?

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Anyone checked whether Smite Foe triggers multiple healing bursts?
    Haven't checked, but some time ago they changed smite foe to have an internal cooldown because people where using it with dance of death and double striking. So im guessing it is a 1 time thing.

Yup, Ameliorating Strike doesn't work with doublestrike or TWF, so 99% sure it won't proc more than once on Strikethrough, either.

Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light (The one that AOE heals) does not work with Strikethrough.
    Now this is interesting, because pre-U45 the ability could proc multiple times on doublestrike. I wonder if it still does and only doesn't work with strikethrough, or was it stealth-nerfed in general?

I thought the tradeoff was that it didn't scale with spellpower but could proc multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Now this is interesting, because pre-U45 the ability could proc multiple times on doublestrike. I wonder if it still does and only doesn't work with strikethrough, or was it stealth-nerfed in general?

I thought the tradeoff was that it didn't scale with spellpower but could proc multiple times.
    It can still Doublestrike, but won't trigger on any Strikethrough.

:: edit :: Hmmm, I've been notified that my testing for this particular ability might not be entirely accurate because I've gear used on the toon at the time. Coming back in a moment to confirm/reconfrim stuff.

J1NG
    Last edited by J1NG; 02-17-2020 at 09:33 AM.

New Post, as it appears I did the previous testing for "Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light" under non-exhaustive methods to eliminate all other possibilities.

I can confirm properly with this post, that "Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light" DOES WORK with Strikethrough AND Doublestrike.

My previous testing was done on a very high Doublestrike character, after removing the extra Doublestrike chance increase and retesting again, found that this ability does actually Strikethrough.
    Then I went and put all the gear back on and tested on the Magefire Cannon in the Guildship and reconfirmed it can Doublestrike.

So yeah, one correction needed there. Sorry about that. Should have been more careful on that particular one. (But Void Strike Remains One target, I just checked. )

J1NG

New Post, as it appears I did the previous testing for "Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light" under non-exhaustive methods to eliminate all other possibilities.

J1NG
    Updated, let me know if there are others to be updated.

I can confirm properly with this post, that "Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light" DOES WORK with Strikethrough AND Doublestrike.

My previous testing was done on a very high Doublestrike character, after removing the extra Doublestrike chance increase and retesting again, found that this ability does actually Strikethrough.
    Then I went and put all the gear back on and tested on the Magefire Cannon in the Guildship and reconfirmed it can Doublestrike.

So yeah, one correction needed there. Sorry about that. Should have been more careful on that particular one. (But Void Strike Remains One target, I just checked. )

J1NG
    Does the healing itself trigger multiple times or just the piddly damage?
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Does the healing itself trigger multiple times or just the piddly damage?
    Triggers for every hit it connects on (Strikethrough and doublestrike )

So in theroy: With 140% Strikethrough and 100% Doublestrike, you're looking at 4 proc's of the AOE healing. Assuming you make the to-hit rolls that is.

J1NG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast