Community Member

Default epic restless isles suggestions.

requests regarding epic restless isles.

i feel this quest pack should be updated in epic. no one ever wants to do these two quests. it's mostly because of the first hallway with the oozes that split 15 times each and glass spiders with spawns already laid out. this, coupled with the fact the map doesn't work there at all, leaves people without any real reason to run it.

i also think it's worthy of shard seal scroll type upgrading.

loot,

the chattering ring was once a pivotal part of maximum AC gear. after the change to dodge percentage, it fell short of any usefulness what so ever.
    while the seven finger gloves are still respectable for tring, no one bothers to run the horrificaly evil pre raid or end raid for tr gear.
    royal guard mask, the only reason you'd ever see anyone in the restless isles. even tho it doesn't really need an update, i'd like to see an epic version of it with Dimension Door 3 charges.
    i'd like to se the 30 strider boots updated in epic as simply having no minimum level. that's it. people should have more options for tr running speed. no one should have to tr without 30striders.

i think if we improve the loot a bit to an endgame capability and improve the overall ease of navigation we could do a lot to bring this pack back into favor.

open to suggestions.

Community Member

for improving ease of navigating the wilderness, epic raid or quest chests should have a chance to drop a runetusk key of everlast. no ml

Community Member

and regardless of whether or not the pack goes epic, the slayer exp could stand to see a big bump along with rare and explore completion, since you need a quest completion item just to have a chance to complete these two.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by blackestblack View Post
    i feel this quest pack should be updated in epic.
    Nah, they should create new separate epic packs instead.

i also think it's worthy of shard seal scroll type upgrading.
    They don't do that anymore.

no one bothers to run the horrificaly evil pre raid or end raid for tr gear.
    "no one" is a pretty strong claim, and false. Yes, it's not super-popular.

Pre-raid is no more evil or complicated than VoN5, it's just most players are too lazy to learn it. It's actually awesome XP if you have a couple people who know it.

The raid has been broken for like a year now and there's no indication they care.

improve the overall ease of navigation we could do a lot to bring this pack back into favor.
    They need to fix the map. And fix the raid. That's it.

the slayer exp could stand to see a big bump along with rare and explore completion
    It's perfectly in line with other Heroic slayer areas.

you need a quest completion item just to have a chance to complete these two.
    No, you don't. You need an item, but it takes like 1 minute to get and has nothing in particular to do with quest completion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Nah, they should create new separate epic packs instead.
    they still need to be able to sell their old content. restless isles is not a big seller and it leaves people who bought it with a bad taste in their mouth.

They don't do that anymore.
    yeah i noticed and that's why i had to say it particularly should be. this one should be done sss style. it's cruel, eccentric, and antiquated. it's in every way that's suitable aligned to the restless isles. adding epic to it should accentuate everything that it already is.

"no one" is a pretty strong claim, and false. Yes, it's not super-popular.
    you took "no one" to mean "absolutely no one" which in the case of twilight forge might be perfectly accurate anyway. in this case where "no one" was used it's meant to mean the bulk of everyone with exceptions nearing nil. and i stand by my claim. You're either reading what you want to read inlu of what was actually written or English isn't your first language? in either case, tangental

Pre-raid is no more evil or complicated than VoN5, it's just most players are too lazy to learn it. It's actually awesome XP if you have a couple people who know it.
    now thats a damn lie. when people have to lie to come up with a counterpoint, you know op has a point.

The raid has been broken for like a year now and there's no indication they care.
    it's not broken it just doesn't display well. sometimes you think you hit and you didn't and sometimes you hit when you think you did not. sever and client dont sink well on the display. i've seen two that were going well but then failed because everyone lost faith.

They need to fix the map. And fix the raid. That's it.
    the map isn't broken. it's nonfunctional. you're not supposed to be able to use the map. i like it like that personally since it's something i can handle while others cant but i know people that been through it on epic should at least get a permanent key.

It's perfectly in line with other Heroic slayer areas.
    you obviously dont know anything about this pack, i'm disregarding your uninformed claims.

No, you don't. You need an item, but it takes like 1 minute(lies) to get and has nothing in particular to do with quest completion.
    you need an item from a quest, horrid figurine, and you need about three of them. true you dont have to complete but who wouldn't if you have to go one third into the quest to get it. and i think you wiki'd just to see what i was talking about
    i like the restless isles, it's beautiful and eccentric. it's also a complete waste of turbine points.

being a habitual contrarian is one thing. contrarian lies, a whole other.

Hero
    Reaperbait

Oh god no.

Worst pack in the game
    The Fockers of Argo
    LOOON (Rogue); Reaperbait (Warlock); Eatuhdiq (Sorc); Fuglymofo (Barbarian)

Community Member

you're going through tunnels and popping up through mineshafts. there's no way any map would help you. if it wasn't intended i think the non functional map in this case was beautiful accidental artistry. a map here is an omnipotent state the players shouldn't have.
    a permanent key, they should be able to have. in the end chest ofcoz.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    Oh god no.

Worst pack in the game
    people that been through it enough, actually appreciate it for what it is. while it's the worst pack and i wont dispute that. i think it's good for being that. while the pit is the single worst f2p quest in the game. there's lots of people who love it for that reason.

i like the restless isles. it's not a Mario thing in a physics engine worse than a first gen Nintendo game. the pit is like playing mario brothers on a calico vision. sick and twisted people like that sort of thing. idk

Community Member

it's hard to see players of a retro fantasy game should have google maps smartphones in every case.... (map)

Community Member

especially google map smartphones that work in under oceanic caves.....

Community Member

Default complaint about "the only exception"

mithril is supposed to also reduce the weight of an armor making a medium into a light and a heavy into a medium. also, while the material type is "mithril" it doesn't actually have the mithral mod.... so much fail.

2014 DDO Players Council

you're going through tunnels and popping up through mineshafts. there's no way any map would help you.
    Why not? The devs don't even have to do the work, as it's already been done.

a map here is an omnipotent state the players shouldn't have.
    A map for it should be black at the start, exactly the same as for any other wilderness. And once you've fully explored, it's no more or less omniscient (omnipotent is something else) than the map for any other wilderness.

you took "no one" to mean "absolutely no one"
    Yeah, because that's what it says.

in this case where "no one" was used it's meant to mean the bulk of everyone with exceptions
    If you deliberately misuse words, or are too lazy to type "few people" or "almost no one" when that's what you secretly meant, I can't read your mind. If you type "no one", that's what I see. And that's false.

It is correct that few people run it. It is a lie to say that no one runs it.

now thats a damn lie. when people have to lie to come up with a counterpoint, you know op has a point.
    Since I run it routinely, every life, I know it's great XP. It's base XP is actually higher than VoN5. And if I have even 2 other people with me who it, it's also awesome XP/min. If you are not aware of it, perhaps you should learn the quest so you can complete it efficiently.

it's not broken it just doesn't display well.
    When, after completing the raid without issues for multiple years, it stops working on multiple runs for myself and others, exactly when a new raid using a laser mechanic shows up, I'm going to call it broken. I'm not the only one. I'm not making it up. It's not a display bug. It's broken. How many successful runs have you had since Project Nemesis was released, that didn't involve one-shotting the Titan before his shield came up?

the map isn't broken. it's nonfunctional.
    You want to pretend "no one" means the same as "the bulk...with exceptions", but you are trying to split a hair between "broken" and "nonfunctional".

Yes, it's non-functional, if you prefer that word. They should fix it.

you obviously dont know anything about this pack, i'm disregarding your uninformed claims.
    You claim the XP is off, and yet it follows the same formula for XP as other Heroic explorer areas. (Level+3)*25 per explorer. (Level+3)*6.25*number-of-explorers bonus for all explorers. (Level+3)*50 per rare. (Level+3)*25*number-of-rares bonus for all rares. Slayers follow clear progressions as well. For example, for 10 kills, you get 45+40*level.

Somebody is sure uninformed here. Please, elaborate, with numbers, on why you think the slayer/rare/explorer XP are anything other than exactly where they should be to line up with other Heroic wilderness areas?

(Note that Epic wilderness (level 21+) use different formulas. Explorers and slayers are worth triple the Heroic formula, as are rares, except that some rares don't follow the formula at all but have unique values.)

you need an item from a quest, horrid figurine
    Yeah, I know.

true you dont have to complete but who wouldn't if you have to go one third into the quest to get it.
    Me. To get the figurine, you just run straight to the figurine, loot it and recall. It's super-fast. It sure doesn't take anywhere near as long as a third of the time quest completion would take. Actually doing the quest takes much, much longer. I've already done the quest at level on Reaper, I don't need to waste tons of time completing again when I just need another figurine. If you'd rather spend 30 minutes than 30 seconds, go for it, but why complain about needing quest completion when you don't, when it's your own choice to take much much longer?

being a habitual contrarian is one thing. contrarian lies, a whole other.
    You wouldn't have to pretend I'm the liar if you knew what you were talking about.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 02-13-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

I actually enjoy the restless isles and its quests. Was excited the day they found the lost Beholder.

In my discussions with people this is what I found to be top reasons they generally didn't run these quests

1. The Map for the explorer area. As it is totally useless.
    2. Failure conditions - "Don't Kill" conditions are not like by those who prefer AoE style attacking
    3. Getting to the quests through the explorer area - see the complaint on map, the distance is the other. Believe it or not the need for keys seldom came up as a problem.
    4. Can't travel through explorer area to get to Pre-Raid - Greater Teleport or running in Party groups
    5. The Raid being broken

Community Member

omniscient (omnipotent
    i'm aware of that but what you're not aware of is that omniscient leads to omnipotent. what game do you have left if there's no obstacle to overcome or attainable goal to overcome it?

the map is black at the start and here is should stay that way. it should remain black so players can more easily understand that they'll be denied the use of a map and that it's intended to be that way. why else would it already be that way? why not fix what's broken and not fix what's not broken.

Community Member

the rest of is beneath my bother. you've shown you're intentionally going to misunderstand everything i say anyway.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I actually enjoy the restless isles and its quests. Was excited the day they found the lost Beholder.

In my discussions with people this is what I found to be top reasons they generally didn't run these quests

1. The Map for the explorer area. As it is totally useless.
    2. Failure conditions - "Don't Kill" conditions are not like by those who prefer AoE style attacking
    3. Getting to the quests through the explorer area - see the complaint on map, the distance is the other. Believe it or not the need for keys seldom came up as a problem.
    4. Can't travel through explorer area to get to Pre-Raid - Greater Teleport or running in Party groups
    5. The Raid being broken
    5 the raid isn't actually broken but you're right that everyone seems to think so. same with the map. contextual suggestion made.

how much more evil and twisted than von can a raid be? it's so much more evil everyone think's it's broken even.

anyone saying they're remotely on par has to be a habitual liar. tmo

"Believe it or not the need for keys seldom came up as a problem."
    i dont believe it. when and where the key never come up as a problem is when you already know your way.

"i give you clocks not so you can remember time, but so you can forget it." ~ someone somewhere, and whom we should admire.

Community Member

Thumbs up

"coupled with the fact the map doesn't work there at all,"

an improved mapping would do a lot to bring people to this.

Community Member

Dear all,

It happens that I got this packet early and even as a noob I have played it quite allot.
    The two quests are great in all ways. XP, originally, loot, favor!
    I have managed to complete only the first raid quest I never managed to get the second one.
    My suggestions for reviving this pack are
    1) a guide that teleports you to quest entrances after you have found them once.
    2) allow the entrance to the second raid directly if you fail it. (I would like the same for VoN and other quests)
    3) fix the raid if it is broken.

2014 DDO Players Council

the raid isn't actually broken but you're right that everyone seems to think so.
    You'd better tell the devs that, since they've now admitted it was broken and are fixing it today. From the patch release notes:
    "The Titan Awakes - Corrected an issue with the lasers that should make this classic raid completable again."

how much more evil and twisted than von can a raid be? it's so much more evil everyone think's it's broken even.
    You do know the difference between Twilight Forge and Titan Awakes, right? Twilight Forge wasn't broken.

anyone saying they're remotely on par has to be a habitual liar.
    No, it means they bothered to learn the raid.