Default Impressed by Keep on the Borderlands

I normally park at 30 for a long time, so I only recently bothered running the quests at level (21). I have to say I'm quite impressed with the quality of the quests in here. The level design is great, and they could be quite challenging to solo on r1, unlike a lot of other content at level (for a fire sorc). Good named items without being broken. Things everyone will want, including the horse. I think it's important to say these things from time to time.

In particular, Watch Your Step is great. I'm so used to bum-rushing quests that I missed the dialogue option the first couple of times. Loads of little touches throughout all the quests that really made it enjoyable. So, thanks!

I agree of all the most recent Adventure Packs (or even the Sharn Expansion), Keep is really fun and well crafted.

Thank you for the kind words!

One thing I would say is that the XP for the heroic quests is a little sub-par.

Compared to other L2 quests in the harbor, these quests grant about same as Haverdasher and Bringing the Light, but are a PITA to get to (Wilderness run). Granted, you can run all 8 with out a recall, but there's still a lot of travel time. You can also compare them to Kobold's New Ringleader, Dirk's got a Secret, Butcher's run and Recovering the Lost tome - these are longer quests, but grant 3 times the XP with a minimal travel time.

I really think there should be an option to travel to the Keep in the Harbor, not just in Korthos. Pretty much any Gatekeeper should be able to send you there...

In my personal TR runs, I'm saving these for Epic levels since the comparable quests in heroic are so much easier to get to.
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Planner Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Total Chaos is especially great, please give us more dialog like those crazy silly undead gave us in that quest!

I could do with an entire expansion with that kind of dialog, my wife loved that too, it actually cheered her up quite a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm adding my praise for this pack.

Quests are fun, and are nicely balanced in difficulty (few things can be painful, but preparation is key)

Keep up good work.

Thumbs up DDO Adventures and wilderness areas are promising

DDO and development around adventures and wilderness areas is known to be superior to most other mmos out there. I am sure they can be upgraded for much better gaming and exploration/sim experience in the future.

(The only bugging issue is playstyle of choice/class balance)

In all quests there is only one real issue, kobold runner, just had him run infront of my warlock getting pew-pew-edin back and ignoring all damage due to latency.
    It's a fun quest, but that optional is to easy to fail. Luckily it's on very beginning so it's no real issue to recall and reset, still PITA.

Would be fun if sneaking/invisible toons who don't get spotted would not trigger trap at start.

EDIT: can we get little ceiling rise at start, high jump toons have harder time avoiding trap due to smashing their heads into ceiling. <- strike that, just noticed there is a trapbox at start ^^
    Last edited by Drunkendex; 02-10-2020 at 12:38 PM.

I got this recently and yeah, it is really good. I will probably just run it in epics save for the one that drops the helm for a reaper ability score chance
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

I was impressed with the update 44 content myself.

I'm not sure if it's mentioned, but this pack really can do a lot for people that have learned to play reasonably well, but haven't had the time or patience to farm out a lot of the gear that can make play a little more 'interesting'. (New players, that are getting the hang of the game)

If you don't have a high level Cannith Crafter, and don't have a lot of raid gear, this module lets you gear a lvl 21 character fairly well, with easy access to good, useable weapons to see you through to mid epic levels covering a lot of the necessary bases.

As a returning player (back in the saddle since just before Sharn hit), it has allowed to me play catchup in double quick time - and the quests are holding my attention, with an almost motu Kings Forest feel wilderness area to boot for relaxed slaying.

Keep up the good work..
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Luciforge Coitburner Coithealz: Ghallanda

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

... And everybody - of course - is silencing the level 1 quests to death ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"