Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    I also mentioned in an earlier thread on this subject that SSG should use the removal of the Cargo Hold buffs as an opportunity to make a final pass on the airships, adding missing Hold Room and State Room amenities in the "new" system and including other airship features. This final pass probably won't happen with Update 45, but would hopefully happen with Update 46 or Update 47.
    That would be nice. The wife and I bought a Stormglory Typhoon and started a guild up from 1st level.

There is a dearth of amenities at the lower levels, especially re State Rooms: Bath House at 14th and then nothing but empty hallways till 34th.

Hmmm.... no one is biting on my idea to move login spawns below decks. Am I being clueless about something again?
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 01-30-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Azerraak, you can get the Platinum Elemental +[5/10/15] Resistances Rooms by Guild Level: 10: Sign of the Silver Flame I, Shrine to the Devourer I, Stormreaver Memorial I. Level ten is a Guild Level, which shouldn't take too long to reach especially if you can run Sagas, taking the Guild Renown End Reward.

Certainly the higher tiers of those rooms will take considerable time for any casual guild perhaps two or three years.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the available buffs (I've managed to level up my solo guild to level 74 [1 account] over the years and have most of the good stuff on my glaive.) but was wondering about the higher tiers. Reliquary 2-3-4 all grant elemental absorb on top of the resist to make up for the lower base resist numbers. I figured I'd ask since removing (or lowering) the requirements would let people upgrade their stuff and also make SSG some cash off it. Anyway, if it gets really bad, I can always scrap my guild and hit "accept" on some random invite to gain access to top level buffs for free.

Community Member

You've got to be kidding me, more nerfs? U45 should just be called the Nerf Update. I thought where I read Lynn said this was a mistake and these buffs should be staying. As she has responded to this thread I guess I miss-read her statement, she must have just meant the bank, etc. This just further harms the new player, and won't really bother the experienced ones. Why? I love this game, but they keep making it tougher for new players, thus driving them away. It's only a matter of time without new blood. Please reconsider this. I want this game to be around for a long time so I can enjoy it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    It may be asking too much but could this aspect of Alchemist be given an AOE splash that grants elemental resists? It would hasten the "gather for buffs".

Am I asking for too much?
    I think I'm asking for too much...
    Ah, yes. The good ol' days when it was okay to ask for too much.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Ah, yes. The good ol' days when it was okay to ask for too much.

Hmm I was thinking the good ol' days when group buffs before adventuring were encouraged instead of all these one-person demi-god packages we have now-a-days. Long, long time back my first Archmage was an illusionist. Gnome didn't exist yet. I was an illusionist so I could give everyone displacement easily and not use all my sp pts doing so. A half year later they removed casting Displacement on others, it became self-only. It was a nerf to my illusionist because its what I built her to do. It was a nerf to melee because I was trying to be a team player and help their defenses. I'm not entirely sure what the point of it was... people were and had been running Shroud for years for displacement clickies. Encourage sales of raid bypass timers maybe? I don't see how it affected game play much other than to discourage actually helping each other. The power players still had displace clickies and the bosses and champions with true seeing negate the benefits already to some degree.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Hmm ...
    *wink* I wasn't talking about game stuff.

---

(Oops. Did I just say that with my outside typing?)

---

But yeah, some buffs changing to self-only over the years has not helped the grouping mechanic of the game at all.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-30-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    We based the numbers for that spell at half of the values for https://ddowiki.com/page/Resist_Energy (available in approximately every single spell list at spell levels 1 or 2), assuming that the self-only restriction and Mutation mechanic would compensate for the atypical typing.

If you think it's still too strong, please let us know!
    A L1 arti can have 10pts of elemental resist from his spells.... can an alchemist have more?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    dnarth!

how come you never invite me over to your cargo hold then! I want to get down and dirty too, if that is where stealthsiren has been hiding.
    I bought my own Kraken, I hide there now.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smiles

Default Ready Player One

Ready player one? You get one quarter ...
    but, if you spend all your money
    we will tweak the entire game just to please you.

all of DDOs future tweaks and
    nerfs to cater to one server for one event -
    something which many
    players have spoke out against.

If you alter DDOs trajectory and
    continue on this tack, fixed on some shadowy light
    in the sky to monetize the success
    of Hardcore League season 1,
    you will drive this game into oblivion

Ready player one? You get one quarter ...
    we will take all your money,
    and tweak the entire game just to please you.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    In all fairness they have said in the past they wanted to remove the old buffs especially elemental resists. And while I am eternally grateful to have the mailbox/AH/tavern/bank/XP shrine back in the cargo hold it doesn't take a Kalashtar to realize that the removal of the ship elemental resists coincide somewhat conveniently with the new class Alchemist getting a self only buff that gives them a stacking alchemical (typed) elemental resistance that they cannot share with anyone else.
    No, a certain DEV said that - not the original concept designers for the guild buffs done years ago. New DEVs just want to create "their own thing". It is just like the inquisitor build became a favorite. We can only wait for another DEV to come along and realize this was a mistake to take something away from the players without even a hint of "we heard the players request more options for the guild ships and here they are". Again, a system gets abandoned. Worse, they nerf it from high orbit without "compensating by debuffing the champs appropriately".
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Community Member

Hmm, didn't think of it like this. I'll run this by the team tomorrow morning, good stuff.
    I know it's been mentioned before, but many of the alchemist buffs need to be able to target other party members, even if it means giving a reduced benefit when not self cast. Not all of the buffs of course, but more than what they currently can share.

I will just use pots.

I think anyone who cares about the energy buffs and needs them (us lowbies) will do the same. Trade running back to the ship once an hour for slowing down the start of EACH and EVERY quest.

It is far worse, not better.

But, like has been said before, they only care about the uber players. The ones who don't need these buffs anyway.

I would blame one or two devs who just care about the people they personally play with and don't care about anyone else.

This is a bad idea. I am directing this to the dev who came up with it. Thanks for nothing.

We based the numbers for that spell at half of the values for https://ddowiki.com/page/Resist_Energy (available in approximately every single spell list at spell levels 1 or 2), assuming that the self-only restriction and Mutation mechanic would compensate for the atypical typing.

If you think it's still too strong, please let us know!
    I'd be really nice to have every spell in the game to be progressed by each single caster lvl.

Eg. current resist is tiered: lvl 1-> 10 points, lvl 7 -> 20 points, lvl 11 -> 30 points (and its the maximum regardless of additional caster levels).
    Applying formula like: 3*caster level would make this progress smoother and would make difference after CL 11 [like it is progressing for gear]
    Last edited by gravisrs; 02-03-2020 at 09:06 AM.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerraak View Post
    *snip*.
    Well if you or anyone else is giving up their solo/small ship, and on Orien, hit me up.. I could do with more guildships (GL 19 or above; don't care).

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    I will just use pots.
    In our small guild, we started collecting the Resist 30 pots (they are ML10) for communal use in the small chest.

Info
    Will there be any possibility in creating more ship amenities? or even more storage chests. I see all those boxes in my Kraken's cargo hold, and I'm curious in what I'm hauling >.> Any chance of magefire cannons, ballista and broadside cannons for installation? Not like there isn't one on board, there is one in the workshop..

When i was on Lammania, I tried adjusting the various paints / elemental ring colors and it didn't work.. (am considering giving my ship a makeover... )

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    Message board
    This can be answered quite easily.. Message boards tend to be supervised in games, to some respect. SSG aren't responsible for the uploading of content onto X message board, and so on. Aside from the post on the guild announcement, and LFM's, there isn't any methodology to pass messages (aka limited interaction from client to server).

If you want to pass messages, get a discord channel. Enough people have smartphones and the like today, and you can post what you want there. (Problem solved).
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien

"The 'forever' rogue"

Does anyone know if you can stock up on the old elemental buffs while they're still being offered, and then use those after U45?
    I've got a couple unused characters I could fill up on elemental buffs. I'm not an über player, I'm a casual and I'm very annoyed by this change. I need those buffs.
    I think I'll simply stop playing this game if they're removed for good.

Founder

Angry

In the proposed new system, with the old cargo hold buffs removed, smaller guilds will be inordinately penalized at a rate that is not competitive with larger guilds.

I run a guild on Sarlona, a casual guild with about 100 active accounts. Many of my members are new players or very casual players. Sagas are not run because many do not know what they are. Guild XP is so painfully slow, and so pitifully doled out by quests, that we have been in the guild level 70s for over a year.

That is one year. Real-time.

This means that the average new person, once they figure out that the guild ship buffs ramp up significantly the higher the level of the guild, will seek out only high-level guilds.

We saw this on Hardcore League One with the Open Guild for All, who had, one of the highest guild levels on the server.

Who, casual or vet, will wish to join a low-level guild who has no access to the higher perks and no quick way to earn them?

At guild level 78, my guild presently, the buff to resists is paultry.

And as a guild master who loves working and helping new players, what hope do I have to change this?

who of my members will spend real-world money and buy the +200% guild rep boosters? No one does.

Presently the guild system is broken.

What those old resists do is provide smaller guilds with relevant buffs for casual and newer players. Removing them will further stratify the community, with the high-level guilds on top, and all the rest, the low-level guilds, irrelevant, unable to compete in a game where every %, every buff, matters.

the new norm becomes one of privilege and wealth, for those who can afford the $$$ to pay SSG to accelerate their guild leveling process.

This, of course, has another name: Pay To Win.

I am tormented with an everlasting itch for a game based on gameplay, and not pay to win.
    A game where one's experience is not metered by real-world money,
    and every new player isn't automatically going to look for a pink guild name
    because they are the only ones under this new patch, in this new game meta, who can compete and complete the content.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    I am tormented with an everlasting itch for a game based on gameplay, and not pay to win.
    A game where one's experience is not metered by real-world money,
    Then get your act together and make that game....
    A game not dependant on money to pay the salaries to support the developers and their families.
    A game not dependant on money to keep the servers running.

If you manage to create a game that is totally independent of money in order to keep going.... I will be there to play!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Then get your act together and make that game....
    A game not dependant on money to pay the salaries to support the developers and their families.
    A game not dependant on money to keep the servers running.

If you manage to create a game that is totally independent of money in order to keep going.... I will be there to play!

Let's be very clear: Pay to Play is not, and never has been, Pay to Win.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    Let's be very clear: Pay to Play is not, and never has been, Pay to Win.
    The difference would be.... the amount of money that can be raised.

If p2w did not make so much money... p2p would be more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post

While they are revamping Guild Ships, I wish they would put a login spawn in the cargo hold instead of top deck.

I have alts and mules parked inside the House K bank because, even though they are Guilded, it's quicker bank access than moving through the ship door and descending down to the banker.

It seems minor, but when you are "tooning" (vault storage maintenance) it adds ups significantly. And the mules still have to schlep back over to an Airship Tower to meet up with a guildie for trading.

No biggie but, big inconvenience.

Doesn't everyone move from deck spawn down to cargo hold anyway? I wonder how many hamster lives it would save to move the login spawn below decks
    Another option would be to add an extra hookpoint on the top deck of each ship, which could accommodate the Orien Express deed. Bank characters spawning on the top deck would have bank access without having to change zones, and questing characters renewing buffs could sell/repair on the airship without having to change zones.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast